Beerfest 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendo

Tap-whore
Reaction score
logo.gif
Beerfest 2010
logo.gif

$1500 in prizes ... 2 great nights

The Melbourne Brewers are once again running Beerfest at Grand Ridge Brewery, Mirboo North, Victoria from Friday 19th to Saturday 20th February 2010. Entries close 12pm Saturday 13th February 2010.

There are 8 Categories, covering most Beer Styles (same range as last year). Full details of the comp can be found at www.beerfest.org.au.

There are some great prizes on offer - including:

- $500 for Champion beer of show;
- Champion Brewer - will have the opportunity to brew a batch of beer at a commercial brewery and the beer will be served on tap (further details to be confirmed shortly).

Entry fees are even better this year, with a discounted rate for members of recognised Vicbrew clubs ($8/entry) - just another reason to get involved with your local club. Independent brewers are $10/entry - same as last year and still great value.

Judges & Stewards

A call out for judges will go out soon, so keep an eye out and get involved.

It really is a great weekend away, with plenty of social activities planned:

- 9 holes of golf on the Friday arvo
- Spit roast/BBQ on Saturday night.
- Sunday morning BBQ breakfast.

All visitors welcome, come and sample the range of Grand Ridge microbrewed beers available on tap at the bar in the brewery-restaurant complex. The bar also features a gallery from where operations in the brewery can be viewed.

For those on a budget, camping is allowed in front of the scout hall (only 100m from the brewery) or you can try your luck in the Scout hall for a minimal fee. Grand Ridge also have a range of more luxurious accommodation options.

Entry forms are in the process of being finalised and will be posted both here and the Beerfest site once available.

Now is the perfect time to get brewing so you have plenty of entries for this great competition, it is a great way to get feedback on your beers - regardless of your level of experience.

Watch this space for updates!! Mark the dates in your diaries, get brewing and come along to join in the festivities if you can.

Brendan Guild
The Melbourne Brewers

Hi Brendo,

A small typo in your link to the BeerFest website. One too many e's

Cheers SJ

well ive got 2 entries for this ive decided. might extend to 4 entries if im feeling keen.

definitely 2 entries though. just got to work out how to bottle them from the keg and retain the carbonation levels.

well ive got 2 entries for this ive decided. might extend to 4 entries if im feeling keen.
Definitely 2 entries though. just got to work out how to bottle them from the keg and retain the carbonation levels.

well ive just hit 3 entries for myself and soon to jump to 6 with an IPA, Pale Ale and maybe my CAP to be bottled and added to the group i have atm. Gives me enough time to asses and rebrew for vicbrew with the feedback. Hopefully i can sort out my clarity issues have had as of late as the haze is shittttiinnnn me!

thanks boys... you can't trust the Chris Taylor - I used his post from last year as the basis :ph34r:

... but at least I managed to get the actual link spelled right last year :p

... anyway bring on Beerfest, let this be the one that I actually place at

Jeez. Just as well this is a brewing comp and not a spelling bee fellas! :lol: Looking forward to dropping a couple of things in myself tho. (oh whoops I mean though!)
Cheers!
Hopper.

Yessssss, funny thing is if we scream typo we dont have aleg to stand on, considering most of us come from a desk job!

Just looked at the beers I have to enter and the beers I plan to make between now and then.... it seems I will be carpet bombing!! Got around 10 I think.

What du u recon chris. Should I enter that beer of min that u tasted at my place? I'm thinking barleywine cat,

What du u recon chris. Should I enter that beer of min that u tasted at my place? I'm thinking barleywine cat,

Absolutely enter it.

Think it is probably leaning more towards an Imperial IPA, although maybe not quite the bitterness required.

When in doubt just enter it in both styles ;)

6 beers to enter right now maybe a couple more soon (if i finish the brewery)

Hope to judge as well obviously not in the catergory's ive entered. :D

Just looked at the beers I have to enter and the beers I plan to make between now and then.... it seems I will be carpet bombing!! Got around 10 I think.

Restrained.
All with Fosters lab analyis?
Hope you bomb out in every category .

Was beer O'clock a few hours ago, now obviously Haysie O'clock.

Has there been some minor changes to the AABC Guidelines??

Hmm .. bit of confusion here. We usually just follow the AABC guidelines, and I notice they where updated for the nationals in 2009.

The website actually has the 2008 guidelines loaded, even though it is labeled with 2009 in the link. I will check and get back to you.

Just looked at the entry form.

What is the reason for asking how a beer is made, like full mash partial etc?

Should it not matter or is this so judges can tailor advice/comments?

Cheers,
Wade

Latest posts

Back