First Brew And Completely Intrigued!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you fancy making cider again take a look in the "Non Beer" Brewing section lots of good info there.
Lots of people make rip snorting Ciders just using supermarket apple and pear juice much better than the kits.

If it were me i'd let it sit for a bit longer. THose brigalow kits are pretty shit, so if you've got a severe lack of bottles i spose you could tip it out and try again. I used to make the brigalow apple cider when i was a kid, we loved it.

You could just get more bottles though... A good place to get a lot of bottles for cheap/free is the local dump. Some tip shops will save the tallies for homebrewers and they might charge you a couple dollars on the dozen. HOwever they are just as likely to let you go through the glass pile and pick them out yourself. Just telll them you're a homebrewer, its more than likely that one of the guys working there will be a brewer too and be happy to help.

Load up the bathtub with water and heaps of scent free napisan and submerge all the bottles, making sure they are completely full of water. You want that napisan to get into every nook and cranny. After an overnight soak they will be good as new. I've had the crustiest dirt covered cockroach filled bottles come up clean as a fresh bottle

As are my thoughts haha..
Honestly, it's not drinkable .. Unless alcoholic soda water is what you're after!

Gets a little better with time in the bottle.....and why throw it out.....keep them for drinking when you've already had a few!

Latest posts

Back