first all grain.biab recipe please!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello brewers, regarding my decision to bitter to 30ibu without really knowung my efficiency. Started ferm. at 1.056 now appears to have dropped to 1.014! which is impressive as my extract brews finished quite a bit higher ( 1.016 at best from memory) so I'm wondering how imbalanced this will be considering my hopping shedule was only 30ibu and I've dry hopped 40g in 21l. Tassie water is also vry soft (apparently) and I added no salts so perception of bitterness will be low and mosaic bitters mellow anyway (again apparently, no prior brews with mosaic in my extract efforts) . Any thoughts?..

absolutely no idea what that means zeggie. care to elaborate?

Just have to wait and see now. I've been grain now for about 8 brews and I found I needed to get to know my system and work on a bit of trial and error. I'm still sorting things out, but my brews get more efficient and tastier every brew. Also, FG is dependent on yeast strain, beersmith will guess your FG based on the info you give- I've found it very accurate. I only use the mobile app version, doesn't give all the info as the PC version but is cheap as.

Hi all,

Sorry for hijacking this thread - let me know if there is a more appropriate thread.

I'm just about to start my first all grain brew (something hoppy like an APA, Session IPA etc). I'm looking to use/order with BrewBuilder and will be using a 37.8L Rubbermaid Mash Tun & Boil Kettle.

Can anyone tell me what what losses/inputs I'll need to put into BB? I'm pretty lost at the moment re: all software. I am looking to batch sparge and I think I'll lose between 2-3litres after the boil.

Apart from this I know nothing. Any basic ale recommendations would be great. Happy to start a new post.

Cheers & thanks.

Hi all, I resurrected this thread to thank all contributors. Have 11 ag brews down now and am producing some nice beers :D Thanks heaps to growler for advice re. volume, really made things smoother! anyway thanks to all!

Back