Final gravity for Black Rock cider kit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0.996 was the final gravity on this one for anyone keeping track. I left it a few more days after the 0.997 reading and decided that it was low enough and close enough to stable to safely bottle. I really should check the pressure in the bottles though, haven't done that yet. Hmmm ...

Ruddager said:
0.996 was the final gravity on this one for anyone keeping track. I left it a few more days after the 0.997 reading and decided that it was low enough and close enough to stable to safely bottle. I really should check the pressure in the bottles though, haven't done that yet. Hmmm ...
Relax, have a home brew. i wouldn't bother to crack one to check for over cabonation. It'll be fine. It won't be over carbonated. 0.997 is pretty much as low as it can go.

Martin

I realise it's been a while since this thread has been active, but I'm interested to know if it is safe to bottle the Black Rock cider kit (can + 1kg dex) if the SG is still dropping, as there are some conflicting opinions above.

Currently at 1.002 (yesterday was 1.004), and below manufacturers stated FG of 1.006.

This will be going into glass tallies primed with 2 carb drops per bottle.

Sounds like it's still dropping, you want a stable gravity reading for a couple of days. IIRC the ones I did many years ago finished @ 0.998.

Cheers seamad, will give it a couple more days & see how it goes.

I usually keg & haven't done a cider in years, so I was interested to know if such a low SG could still cause bottle bombs.

Latest posts

Back