Filtering Results-pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normell

Winter's Flat's #1 Brewer, now that XXXX have move
Reaction score
Just finished filtering a brew.
The pics show Unfiltered, 1 Micron & .35 Micron filter results
As you can see, not a lot of difference between the 2 filtered beers Tho the pics don't show it the .35 Micron one was a lot clearer, & most importantly, no variation in taste, altho, beer was straight from CCing, so no carbonation.
The .35 giving a lot clearer beer, but a lot dearer to buy as well, so it all comes down to how you want to present you HB
100_0299.jpg
100_0300.jpg
100_0301.jpg
100_0302.jpg
100_0298.jpg

Normell

PS the brew was an ESB 15Lt Pilsner kit, no extra's added

Very good, at first I didn't notice much but it looks like it makes a huge difference... would look good to the non-homebrew drinkers, as long as it still tastes good! :p

Do you care to comment on the head retention of that brew? :D

I thought about that, but assumed the brew wasn't carbonated...

Norm does say it's not carbonated - Makes head a little difficult ;)

++++

Norm,

I get much better results than that with the 1 micron - guessing, maybe something not quite right - I'm assuming you are using the PET 1 micron?
LHS = 1 micron "absolute" PET Cartridge RHS = 1 micron spun cartridge

1_micron_absolute_PET_vs_1_micron_spun.jpg

Ross said:
Norm does say it's not carbonated - Makes head a little difficult ;)

++++

Norm,

I get much better results than that with the 1 micron - guessing, maybe something not quite right - I'm assuming you are using the PET 1 micron?
LHS = 1 micron "absolute" PET Cartridge RHS = 1 micron spun cartridge
[post="53940"][/post]​
Yeah dunno ross, but they are from your mate
Normell

how many Lt of beer before the filter is blocked, and being a yeast, will the filter build up with evil bugs? and hence cause problems after first use?

cheers

Gout said:
how many Lt of beer before the filter is blocked, and being a yeast, will the filter build up with evil bugs? and hence cause problems after first use?

cheers
[post="53953"][/post]​

Reverse flush the filter, and keep in fridge.
Use many times me thinks

Normell

Latest posts

Back