Fermentation Fridge Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
piss off :rolleyes:

That was accurate stuff and sound advice.. My old man is (was) a sparkie and I could have picked up the phone and got the same told to me but a picture is worth a thousand words...

I read and re-read his post, looked at what was there and made the logical connections.. (so to speak)

I will stand by "Nice Post" as my fridge is now doing what I want it to do..

Im not careless about playing with electrical devices and grew up with an electrician as a father (and got my fair share of 'boots' growing up), the logic was there and TBH you couldnt make up a post like that...

Clearly I tested the fridge after making the required re-wire ;)

Ive wired up all of my stuff and spent the money on grain :lol:

Yob

piss off :rolleyes:

That was accurate stuff and sound advice.. My old man is (was) a sparkie and I could have picked up the phone and got the same told to me but a picture is worth a thousand words...

I read and re-read his post, looked at what was there and made the logical connections.. (so to speak)

I will stand by "Nice Post" as my fridge is now doing what I want it to do..

Im not careless about playing with electrical devices and grew up with an electrician as a father (and got my fair share of 'boots' growing up), the logic was there and TBH you couldnt make up a post like that...

Clearly I tested the fridge after making the required re-wire ;)

Ive wired up all of my stuff and spent the money on grain :lol:

Yob

fair enough

thanks for your concern though and you are right..

safety is paramount and if you are not comfortable with electrical work...

dont do it.

If I hadnt received such detailed advice and been able to understand it I wouldnt have done it.

Fo Shiz !

:icon_cheers:

there will be electricans and fridgos on here around you that would help out I am sure. I do my own electrical work to a extent but the house is standing and I am alive. Mainly power points, remote ceiling fan and a few (3) stc1000 lol

well yeah, my advice was based on not knowing you grew up with a sparkie dad...knowing that, my words would simply have been, "be careful"....there's no second chance with 240V, it's a silent killer at worst, or at the very least could cost you a fridge if you stuff it up.
:ph34r:

there will be electricans and fridgos on here around you that would help out I am sure.
I am a licenced refrigeration mechanic and electrician. Maybe in future I will just PM the person and give them the advice they are asking for.

I don't mind giving people guidance and advice regarding appliances, but I draw the line at building wiring and alterations.

I think the OP and Wachenfeld are on the same page for this one but I have seen some shocking (no pun intended) advice given on here, hence my original post...

I've worked in power electronics my whole life and have a disconnect/reconnect licence and when I did the course for my D licence I was a horrified at how many people got their ticket that still had no fking idea what they were doing, sure they passed the test and the prac with a bit of help, but give it a year and I reckon they would have forgotten all the important points.

I've done one stupid thing in my time while building a switchboard years ago and I vowed I would never get another shock again, some people don't get 2nd chances, electricity is deadly serious...

so yeah just wanted to explain my position, not trying to come across as a dkhead or anything, just really concerns me when people ask electrical questions...

I know a few people like Kelbygreen above who say 'I do my own work, place hasn't burnt down and I'm still alive' but the question is, do you wire as per the electrical regulations? do you know all the regs like a sparky should (thats another thing altogether with some of the sparkies I've met!)? how do you know the place won't burn down one day? or that an earth connection won't fail in the event of an electrical fault?
Not saying it's going to happen I just feel electricians do a 4 year apprenticeship for a reason...

Latest posts

Back