Father's Day plans?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
I'll be brewing a porter in the morning. Then cranking up the weber with a lamb roast ( 3 beers just to start it :) ), then getting the fire pit going in the evening.

And I'll send pics of the roast to my dad hehe

How bout you ?

Give the old man a call in the morning, make bacon/cheese hot dogs for lunch wasked down with a beer, bottle my lager after lunch with another beer, and plan my next brew, my top kids threw me $50 for my next brew as a birth/dad's day pressie. A nice t-bone for dinner.

Trip to the hills in the morning if it's not too rainy and then brewing with Idzy in the afternoon. NZ Pale Ale Frenzy. Curbing up for Idzy and Yob since they may not get to brew much for a bit due to the reason of the day.

Bunnings and bcf in the morning, beers and the stupid raiders in the arvo then roast lamb for dinner!

Plenty of time just playing with the kids as well. They're still young enough to think I'm pretty awesome!

Breakfast in bed, maple baked bacon with poached eggs on Turkish bread

Lunch at the Taco Truck food van, then beers at Mr Scruffs

Practice making another baby

contrarian said:
Bunnings and bcf in the morning, beers and the stupid raiders in the arvo then roast lamb for dinner!

Plenty of time just playing with the kids as well. They're still young enough to think I'm pretty awesome!
Mate, that is the best time. There was a time when my kids believed that I was almost Houdini reincarnated when I did my magic tricks with 'em.

breakbeer said:
Breakfast in bed, maple baked bacon with poached eggs on Turkish bread

Lunch at the Taco Truck food van, then beers at Mr Scruffs

Practice making another baby
Let us know how that goes. Breakfast, that is :D Sounds bloody good, I'm hoping for something similar..

DU99 said:
My plans,work from 9am till 17:30.All my kids are grown up,might see one of them.
Yeah, same boat. But at least I am working from home.

My kids are not yet grown up

This afternoon the smoker is cranking with a couple of briskets, one with a North African dry rub, the other a smokey, spicy Cajun one.
Meanwhile...drinking a few beers, carefully selected from Purvis by the 2yr old lad, and then the Firehouse/St.Florians for a few pints and a fancy sausage tomorrow lunchtime.
Cheers !

image.jpg

image.jpg

Go to work, ring my dad who's recovering from an eye operation.
Drink beer, draw a dead baby possum, clean my house.

kids (well one of them others on holidays) and grandkids will shout me beer and lunch at the gold coast, will check out a few places and decide from there and if home early enough a nice stroll along the beach playing ball with me mate.

cheers for all the dads today

manticle said:
Whilst listening to Wagner at full volume, I assume. Dark imagery indeed.

manticle said:
Go to work, ring my dad who's recovering from an eye operation.
Three sessions a week.

manticle said:
OT... but I reckon one of your drawings would make an awsome tattoo

My fathers day has consisted of showing my 2 boys how to pull apart a pushbike so they will be able to do it for themselves :)

Woke up reasonably not hungover today, a good start. Wife cooked me bacon and eggs. Hugs from my baby boy. Then a drive up to Avenel for beautiful traditional wood fired pizzas with my Mum and Dad and sisters family. Just got home. Aged scotch fillet, mac and cheese and beer and wine to come.

I planned to win my hockey semi final and we pulled it off. Absolutely stoked, rose up from 3rd place on the ladder. Unfortunately had to turn down an afternoon of field and game with my old man, which is a shame.
Enjoying a Coopers Stout while the 3 kids (4, 4 and 5) watch ABC2 icing my bruised hand. Lots of cuddles, love my kids.

Have had the 3 month old grandson here for the weekend with his parents.

Had a lunch booking at the restaurant at Nelson Bay Golf Club today, but the building suffered a major fire overnight, so it was take away fish and chips instead.

We've had fun.

just on the last part of a boil on a pils.
my highlight was removing the remains of ether a small possum or a large rat, only the left leg and tail left, from the garden so the wife could weed.
at least i know what the dog has been chewing on for a while now.

Latest posts

Back