• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Eoi: 3v Almost Complete

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am almost finished my 3V herms brewery & have decided to go down the 50lt Braumeister route. In order to finish this rig, you will need an electrical control box, a brewstand & someone to hard plumb the 2 x 23jet Mongolian burners. The brewery consists of 3 x 50lt keggles.
Mash tun has 12" domed stainless false bottom hard plumbed with copper pickup tube, beerbelly liquor return dish & a male camlock installed for liquor return.
HLT has a copper elbow installed with polycarbonate sight glass installed via compression fitting. A 1/2" socket is also installed to house the MashMaster DEI controller temp probe.
Boil kettle has a 1/2" copper elbow installed for whirlpooling. All keggles have stainless 1/2" 3-piece ball valves installed with 1/2" stainless camlocks fitted. I have 6 stainless 1/2" 3-piece ball valves with matching camlocks fitted in total.
Herms pot, 7.6lt stainless stockpot with 2400watt element installed through bottom of pot, 1/2" camlock installed for wort entry & 1/2' camlock installed at top of pot into a stainless t-piece for wort exit. the other side of the T has a stainless reducing bush 1/2"-1/4" for RTD, PT100 temp probe. 1/2" copper coil.
PID controller, SSR, ramp, soak, kiln
RTD, PT100 4" temp probe
40A SSR
40A Heat sink
March 809 Pump
2 x 23jet Mongolian burners, 1 brand new the other second hand
400mj/hr regulator with hose, capable of running 3 x mongolian burners with ease
MashMaster DEI-106H controller for HLT temp monitoring
4 x jaycar red illuminated switches for control box, 1 for MM controller, 1 for PID, 1 for March pump & the last one for herms element.
4 x female stainless 1/2" camlocks with 1/2" stainless hosetails installed.
I have been working on this project for just on a year now & have spent in excess of of what the Braumeister would cost so need to recoup some funds. Anyone genuinely interseted can send me a PM with an offer & we can go from there.
Cheers

BIAFB rules :icon_cheers:

(brew in a firm bag)

:icon_chickcheers:

BIAFB rules :icon_cheers:

(brew in a firm bag)

:icon_chickcheers:

I am really beginning to believe so.
A few hundred bucks & I would be finished my rig but the simplicity of the Braumeister has really got me wanting one.
The smaller footprint, 1 vessel etc will definately suit me better.

the simplicity of the Braumeister has really got me wanting one.

That's why I asked you , 6 months ago for your opinion....
Nice work mate, welcome to ......"the other side " :icon_chickcheers:

Shame to read this mate, you were so close to building your own fella!

At least you will still be brewing.

I was a bit uneducated when I first stumbled upon the BM & I believe with a little tweaking, low to mid 80% eff is pretty achievable.
I firmly believed low eff was the trade off with full volume mashing but I was a little mislead. The only other downside of the BM for
me was needing to get a 15A circuit installed. I only rent & this still could be an issue in the future depending on where we end up living.
I've been watching a few vids on youtube by yambor44 & after talking with him yesterday, he's pretty pleased with his 50l version.

It's seems it will be a bit hard to sell this as a complete unit so from tomorrow afternoon, I will list everything for sale separately & try to recoup some funds for my 50l Braumeister.
So to get the ball rolling I will start with my brand new march pump from CB. Not wired yet & comes with the optional mounting bracket.

$190.00 + $10.00
delivery.

PID Controller-SYL 2352P, Ramp/soak/kiln SSR output $70.00
Liquid tight RTD, PT100 probe $20.00
40A SSR $15.00
40A Heat sink $15.00
$120.00 total for PID package, brand new. Allow $20.00 postage for PID package.

PayPal preferred.

Cheers

Everything on hold till this Saturday.
Up for definite sale are:

2 x 23 jet mongolian burners, 1 brand new, the other 2yrs old, works perfectly $100.00 + $15.00 postage, I will separate.
400mj/hr lpg gas regulator with matching hose, ( will run 3 x 23 jet mongolian's with ease ) $100.00 + $15.00 postage.

Is that $115 for each 23 jet mongolian or for both? Weren't you selling these a few weeks ago but the freight was too high?

Edited to add~ Do the mongolians come with anything? Like steel pipes, regs, ball valves or hoses?

Is that $115 for each 23 jet mongolian or for both? Weren't you selling these a few weeks ago but the freight was too high?

Edited to add~ Do the mongolians come with anything? Like steel pipes, regs, ball valves or hoses?

Hi ekul,
$115.00 for both burners. I have a pipe & ball valve for the second hand Mongolian but the new one is just the burner.
I was selling a 32 jet Mongolian on it's own stand a few weeks back which I still have & freight was the killer.

whats the brand of the reg ?

The reg is made by ECII, REGO. It is the same regulator that drew is using.
It comes with a mounting bracket & 2 x 1/2" gas approved ball valves.
This is the same reg except mine is brand new.

IMG_2741.jpg

Fellas $115 fir both burners alone is a steal, he'll I've git a mo gilian that works fine and even I'm tempted st those prices!

The reg is made by ECII, REGO. It is the same regulator that drew donburke is using.
It comes with a mounting bracket & 2 x 1/2" gas approved ball valves.
This is the same reg except mine is brand new.

IMG_2741.jpg

thought that photo looked familiar

Sorry for the breach of copy write DB, I had drew in my head for some reason.
Bloody digital camera had a flat battery & couldn't find a web shot anywhere.

no problem mate

the regulator is a beast

good luck with the sale

no problem mate

the regulator is a beast

good luck with the sale

It's a cracker, that's for sure. When it turned up in the post I thought Jeez, we could probably run a couple of napalm flame throwers with this thing. Hopefully someone will make good use of it.

Latest posts

Back