Employment In The Mines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats CB! Bloody happy for ya mate! So where will you be basing yourself now? God's waiting room Harvey Bay :lol: ?

Cheers mate, the Chat I had with you helped with the decision to move on.. ;) Ill be still in Hervey Bay :( to live but will be flying out of Toowoomba on their own Aircraft like this...
Beechcraft_Super_King_Air_B200_vr.jpg

So, it'll be good to see Mum and my Sis a bit more and maybe drop around to some Brewers houses on my Pilgrimage back to the bay every 2 weeks, I will be very thirsty after 2 weeks off the booze.....

:icon_cheers: CB

Congrats CB, hope you enjoy the new lifestyle mate. You realise you will be driving past Ipswich every two weeks don't you ;)

cheers

Browndog

good luck cobber, if i see you out there we'll get on it and blow a shift, that always gets the safety officer knocking on your door :lol:

cheers
Dave

You can drink after your shift, most mines will perform random drug and alochol testing on some if not all workers each morning (just a breath thest if all employees - thoughsome will be asked to piss in a little cup)

Just have 2-3max the night befor and u will be sweet the next day

I am a mining enginer and have worked up at Argyle Diamonds (Kimberly - WA), Emerald QLD (coal - Bowan Basin) and am currently in Singleton (coal - Hunter) and they all operate like that. most only do random selection of workers say 3-5 workers for a piss test but some do a breath test for all

You can drink after your shift, most mines will perform random drug and alochol testing on some if not all workers each morning (just a breath thest if all employees - thoughsome will be asked to piss in a little cup)

Just have 2-3max the night befor and u will be sweet the next day

I am a mining enginer and have worked up at Argyle Diamonds (Kimberly - WA), Emerald QLD (coal - Bowan Basin) and am currently in Singleton (coal - Hunter) and they all operate like that. most only do random selection of workers say 3-5 workers for a piss test but some do a breath test for all

Nah mate, this one is fully dry... Doesnt bother me, I dont "need" to drink and it will be good for me anyhow... :unsure:

My 2 weeks off will be very wet... :icon_drunk:

Well, I go on my 1st Tour of Duty on the 26th January and return on the 9th February for 2 weeks off.. :beerbang:

Then im off again on the 23rd February for another 2 weeks, my roster looks so good on the Calender this way... :super:

And the best thing is, ive got another 18 days off and can go on our Family Holiday to Bargara in a weeks time.... :D

Loving it....

CB

How long are your shifts gonna be?

I am a mining enginer and have worked up at Emerald QLD (coal - Bowan Basin)

gday lopeman,

i worked around Emerald for awhile, construction on a Dragline at Ensham being part of it, where were you working ?

cheers

construction on a Dragline at Ensham being part of it

I've got some great pics of that bitch being properly drowned a couple of years ago, yard... Was an amazing thing to see thay reckon

I've got some great pics of that bitch being properly drowned a couple of years ago, yard... Was an amazing thing to see thay reckon

gday mate,

i was on the build of dragline 4 for over a year and we were on an 8 day shut just before the flood hit, on the last night of the shut they had to cart us out of the pit in troop carriers because the bloody high wall was falling in from the deluge, so much for safety on site :D

drg4.jpg

cheers

Dave

Here comes the water...

100_3897.jpg

and it here it is drowned

100_3893.jpg

100_3894.jpg

nice shots, my mate was on the pump crew for months so i saw all the progressive shots, the dragline actually fell forward as it got washed out from under the shoes, bent shit out of the boom and then it sat back up as it washed out under the back, i know blokes that were on the cleanup and rebuild, apparently the entire house was full of mud.

Dave

Nice shots schooey - flooding and hydraulics are my areas of expertise - maybe I can charge my time looking at the forum to research now ;)

Well. im off to Toowoomba tomoz to get a nice nights sleep before I head off on my 1st hitch on Monday for 2 weeks, heading out near Roma on a new 24hr Rig, cant wait.... :super:

It will be the hardest 2 weeks first up away from the Family but ive spent some quality time with them Camping for the last week.....

Latest posts

Back