Easter Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 brews planned. Not sure what yet but will feature home grown Cascade. Ended up with 300gr of dried flowers from 2nd year plant - which I was pretty stoked about, (ALDI dehydrator worked a treat as well). Will be using a good dose of them in something, (probably a hightail ale clone as I have some POR in the freezer as well).

Need to do 2 as I'm out of beer. Made a miracle box up 2 weeks ago and took it camping with some friends weekend before last. Worked very well. Too well in fact. 2 kegs drained....

FES tomorrow - just working on the recipe

P1

6 cubes Kev! That’s a bit flimsy, feel like doing a triple over the week end? :)

We could try to push two triples through on that machine of yours; but that would equal five by the time I left the house a beer; still would make for a constructive brew day (and destructive for our livers). We could always go for a record, three triples in day; that would be a lot of beer.

QldKev

Something very soul sucking about seeing ur brew rig dirty and with cobwebs... But very satisfying to clean it and have it ready to brew. Just cleaning the rig made me desperate to brew. Will be vbrewing satuday and doing a hop inventory tonight. 6kg to catalogue.

This weekend i have 5 days off :super: and Sunday is looking like a good day to brew:-

Robust Porter, XXXX Clone, and My Aussie Ale (completly and utterly revised - Dunno what im using yet :eek: )

ALL DOUBLE BATCHES!!! Plan to put 1 in a cube and the rest in the fermenter for all 3! The missus helped me fund the ambitious project, but i have to help her with the housework 2nite :angry: ! (annoyed GRUNT!) Yes dear i'm coming!............ :)

Gotta go!

_W_

EDIT: Hope everyone has a HOPPY ESTER (not a very nice thing to say i know, but everyone i'm friends with on facebook wont understand the joke......)

So far I've got my first trappist style planned. Am going to use up some Chinese saaz hops ( :eek: ).

Was only going for one but I think this thread has inspired to go for a second brew. Yep definitely a lightweight when it comes to brewing volumes.

So far I've got my first trappist style planned. Am going to use up some Chinese saaz hops ( :eek: ).

Was only going for one but I think this thread has inspired to go for a second brew. Yep definitely a lightweight when it comes to brewing volumes.
It's not how much u brew but how u brew it ! ;)

Will keg my Munich Helles and...
Brew a double batch of Doppelbock Friday, half of which will be Eised.
Chocolate RoggenBock on Saturday.

WLP838 for all of the above.

Back to work Sunday afternoon.

I started brewing yesterday the first was a Brown Ale this went well . I had a brew bitch and he was a great help thanks to Siborg and the other that I have already mashed in this morning is a Pale Ale with Centennial and Amarillo hops . Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer .

i am in envy of you guys, i have to work right through easter and worse of all scheduled in for a double shift easter sunday 6am-10pm :(

Well today will be welding the new brew stand together followed by bottling a belgian DSA, then Sunday I might see if I can crank out a batch of the good doctors golden ale.

Just mashed in, missed my temp by 1-1.5 degrees, not a total disaster, will just end up with a bit more body which I don't mind. Recipe is an APA, 3kg MO, 2kg Pils, 250g crystal, bittered with Warrior and Late hops are Centenial & Amarillo. Hoping to get 1054 in 22 litres, and will be 38ish IBU. Should I be boiling for 90 mins with the Pilsner malt in there or will 60 be fine?

All Amarillo Ale is now sitting in the mashtun downstairs...

Kind of wish I had gone and got my 120L pot and burner last week instead of next week, I could be pumping out 5 doubles this weekend if I had.....

Well Ive mashed-in a 46l batch of the old Hobgoblin this morning for the first time (new recipe) looks good colour wise and smells great. :)

Well Ive mashed-in a 46l batch of the old Hobgoblin this morning for the first time (new recipe) looks good colour wise and smells great. :)

interested to see how this turns out, been researching a clone

cheers

DrSmurto has an awesome version. I've only made the extract version of his AG one but if that's anything to go by the AG one would be nearly bang on

interested to see how this turns out, been researching a clone

cheers

I think you will have to come around and help me sample it Yards. :chug:

DrSmurto has an awesome version. I've only made the extract version of his AG one but if that's anything to go by the AG one would be nearly bang on

is it in the DB ?

should go and check for myself i suppose..

cheers

Back