Earth Hour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white.grant

tum te tum
Reaction score
Earth Hour tonight at 8.30 - 9.30. Just dug out the candles. Who else is dimming the lights?

cheers

grant

Not sure what difference it will make to anything but giving it a go nonetheless.

Not me. It's a way to pretend you're doing something about a problem you don't really believe exists. I try to minimise my wastage everyday. Earth Hour is a complete waste of time (and energy if the power companies are to be believed (which they most likely are not)).

I agree but the piddly amount of time and impact on your life makes doing it slightly possibly maybe better than taking a cynical stand.

Also my girlfriend said I have to.

How is doing thinking about this every day more cynical than pretending for an hour a year?

I'm off to the bathroom to shave my balls for Watt, Ohm and Coulomb.

Shave to save B)

How is doing thinking about this every day more cynical than pretending for an hour a year?

You'll have to rephrase.

I try and not waste electricity and water or generate other kinds of waste any more than I need to as well. I agree there's a possibility (actually likelihood) of feelgood tokenism. What I mean is that the feelgood tokenny youtube rubbish in this instance probably doesn't hurt and may on a tiny scale somewhere make a beesdick of difference.

Quite possibly not but unlike some things it doesn't make me angry enough to tell the lady love that she has a head full of charcoal.

not likely to turn the power off while there is footy on the idiot box, i will do earth hour between 3am and 4am tonight while im a sleep and all the lights and appliances are off.

nah bugga that,a bloke might stumble in the dark and spill his beer B) ...cheers...spog......

Exactly.

It's just so all the people with their AC and CH going on all year round can think they're not killing the planet.

And miss iron chef???! No sorry. Will
do something to compensate. I'll make earth hour tomorrow and the next day

not likely to turn the power off while there is footy on the idiot box, i will do earth hour between 3am and 4am tonight while im a sleep and all the lights and appliances are off.

knowing my luck if i tried this i would piss on my feet when the urge hits :lol:

I want to say ghat my post is exactlty what earth hour us about.... And the fact that iron chef ingediant tonight is shark fin. Thats bad. So I'm conflicted . Also blown another keg. That's bad. Down to 2 kegs and no beer in fermentir. I'm in trouble. Sorryearth I need to fire up burner and make beer.

And then comes the methane.

the methane comes from the rear end with all the yeast we consume ;)

It's earth hour???

We have the light on in the bathroom and kitchen, no-one is in either room, the LCD is on, all 3 fridges are on.....

I suppose I could turn the lights off, but I'm not touching the fridges.

Latest posts

Back