Earth Hour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
by carbon trading you are refering to carbon taxing yes? the govt doesnt believe in this global warming farce any way.for them its just another chance to put there hands out for more money and hide under a cloak of its all for youre own good.just think how much money the main players in spreading this garbage are making. flying around in jets spewing out fumes so they can tell you to ride a bike to work and save the world.

As far as I know the globe has been warming since we were attached to the north island and th eoceans have been higher than they are now.
So it should be OK to keep f'ing the planet up and make as much money out if it as possible.

Why is it always bum, manticle and bum chum BribieG always have to respond to every post? Then Kleiny and citymorgue2 to follow up the rears

guys Get a life!!!!! Post something useless; geese guuys you are good at that

QldKev

Like this post mate?

Sorry to have upset you.

Why is it always bum, manticle and bum chum BribieG always have to respond to every post? Then Kleiny and citymorgue2 to follow up the rears

QldKev

:lol:

*note to self for pending brewday.

send Kev home before 12.39 AM (gets cranky)...

earth hour is about turning the lights off not the beer fridge, that would be called dumb arse hour,
and I heard Dr Karl say something like if we all turned our lights out and burnt wax candles we would put more carbon into the air than we normally do,

joe

QldKev

I find this amusing, as the first three members you have mentioned have all answered my stupid questions in some way.

As far as I know the globe has been warming since we were attached to the north island and th eoceans have been higher than they are now.
So it should be OK to keep f'ing the planet up and make as much money out if it as possible.

This is an argument that gets bandied about pretty regularly and it seems pretty reasonable on the face of it. It only continues to make sense if you ignore two things - the first thing you must ignore is that these changes have never occurred in so short a period of time as the 100 years we're talking about here - this makes it kinda difficult to prove that we've had no influence on the situation; the second is that these extremes on the natural cycle that are mentioned made the Earth an extremely inhospitable place for life to exist - even if it were a natural occurrence we should be doing all that we can to slow it down even if only out of self-interest.

Overpopulation is going to destroy the earth before climate change does. It scares me when I think about what kind of world my kid's kids will be living in.

-BD

I took the human acheivement hour option......I turned all the lights on, 3 TV's, most of the appliances, I turned one split system onto 16 and the other onto 30 to get a good ambient temperature and sat back and looked at all man has achieved..............until the power tripped out and took me an hour to get it fixed......................................yeah i participated.

This is an argument that gets bandied about pretty regularly and it seems pretty reasonable on the face of it. It only continues to make sense if you ignore two things - the first thing you must ignore is that these changes have never occurred in so short a period of time as the 100 years we're talking about here - this makes it kinda difficult to prove that we've had no influence on the situation; the second is that these extremes on the natural cycle that are mentioned made the Earth an extremely inhospitable place for life to exist - even if it were a natural occurrence we should be doing all that we can to slow it down even if only out of self-interest.

I agree Bum, I was just being sarcastic.
You have summed it up nicely.
I can imagine that during periods of high volcanic activity the air would of been almost unbreathable. I'm pretty sure mankind has survived an ice age or two though. It appears to me that there are long term climatic seasons in the cycles of the solar system.
We are the biggest threat to our own existance and the earth itself, it's inevitable. The best thing that could happen to earth would be the end of mankind's existance. When it comes down to it that is the only way the earth will survive.

For everyone in the world to live like we do, we need 4 more earths.

Yes, the globe is warming - but being "green" has a lot more to do with resource distribution than the environment.

Almost every war at its core has been about natural resources.

There's people who are employed to think about the future and they know the only way to get fat kids to share is via guilt.

Overpopulation is going to destroy the earth before climate change does. It scares me when I think about what kind of world my kid's kids will be living in.

-BD

If overpopulation is what is killing the earth why did you have kids?

Earth killer!

If overpopulation is what is killing the earth why did you have kids?

Earth killer!

I've got two, one to replace me and one to replace the missus. That good enough for you?

I've got two, one to replace me and one to replace the missus. That good enough for you?

That won't even keep the population stable. I think you need to have something like 2.18 kids (yes, 2 kids - and one that's just a head) because not all people breed or make it to breeding age.

Its not the family with 1 or 2 thats over populateing the planet ,, its the ones with 5 or 7 or 17 ,,
When I was in Afrika our House boy had 3 wives and 17 kids , thats not sustainable in anyones terms .. lol

I too worry about the world our kids will inherit , I only have 1 ,, makes up for the neighbour with 3 .. lol
but I'll be too drunk too notice so I left the 7 fridges running and was in bed pissed by 20:30 so all lights were off anyway .. win win win..

the earth can get much hotter and we will be fine. MUCH hotter. and it's almost certainly a good thing IF it is getting hotter. a cold world is one we have no food production in. it's one where we all crowd around the equator. without a suitable atmosphere the earth's average temperature is freezing cold. we would all die.

any fool who worries about carbon has no clue on how it came to be and where it goes. carbon as the issue knows it has it bound by ancient fauna and flora. this carbon fuel was made by one the most vibrant ecologies that has ever existed. we can't get it all back out of the ground. therefore if we liberate all the fossil fuel we can possibly lay our hands on there will be less carbon available than was present when dinosaurs were larking about in the sunshine.

get a grip people. we will run out of fuel long before any really significant changes. use less if you want to. industry laughs at your feeble attempts to cut usage though.

chicken little people are a pain in the arse. please go back to worrying about nuclear things. (you know the only real alternative energy source)

you know that big yellow thing in the sky is nuclear?
oh you do good. then you must have figured out how i can use that energy without utilising more energy to make the system than the system will produce?

i said real alternative. if you had a serious point to make you should have said wind.

Back