Drink A Little At The Wheaty

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite arriving late and leaving early, I had a good time. The LCPA was in fine form but the SNPA and EAPA were both past it. Not sure how interesting things got later in the night, I was asleep by 9:30

All the pale ales were quite good. I had the SNPA and the LCPA last night. The SNPA is good but it has come to us via the UK and Perth so it just isn't quite what it should be. The LCPA was tasting better last night but it really isn't a fair comparison.

The highlight of the night was a bottle of Three Monts that a couple of us shared. It was very hard to hand back the lovely glasses too.

Nothing particularly debaucherous took place on the night. There was this strange sample container in the toilets though.......

Trying to compare the SNPA and EAPA to the LCPA was not really a fair show. Must say I still enjoyed the EAPA, first time I've had one of those. Thought it was closer in taste to Rogers off tap.

I can't believe how many free samples of the Creatures line up I managed to get. Very good night indeed. Pity I went for a pie floater at Cafe de Vilis later on, because that is all I can taste in my mouth now.

So is anyone planning to brew up with that sample from the toliets?....

WildebeestAttack said:
I can't believe how many free samples of the Creatures line up I managed to get. Very good night indeed. Pity I went for a pie floater at Cafe de Vilis later on, because that is all I can taste in my mouth now.

[post="106512"][/post]​
You did do well. We were all thinking you may be going home with Nat. She certainly seemed keen on you mate.

Don't talk to me about brewing with that sample...... :angry:

Aaron said:
You did do well. We were all thinking you may be going home with Nat. She certainly seemed keen on you mate.

[post="106514"][/post]​

Any girl who has a beer collection like Nat's is worth taking home. The fact she also has a good supply of Little Creatures is a bonus.

My mate was doing some business with her for his resturant. Hopefully we can get a few more samples sent over.

Sounds like that sample was put in the right place then...

Aaron said:
WildebeestAttack said:

[post="106512"][/post]​

[post="106514"][/post]​

:unsure:

Attachments

• cactus.jpg
    cactus.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 16
Im betting the sample is still siting in the toilets. to me the stand out was the Trois Monts ( have not tried that in ages). I think having an Aventinus as my second beer was a bad idea. Nat was good value, and Jade blew me away with her knowledge.

Good night, pity about the food after

both the bottled apas were definitely past their best, which is a shame.

I was a comparative model of good behaviour and self restraint. Home shortly after 10.30 and still able to converse moderately sensibly with mrs stu. I only got wee taste of the 3 monts, good thing too - too much of that and a small caledonian derailment is never far away :p \

On the night I probably got most enjoyment from the Rodgers.

No cactii were harmed, which is always a bonus.

Back