Do not waste it

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Enjoy your all too brief years of your youth, you will be amazed how quickly they pass - make them count for yourself and the people you love.

Bribie G gets philosophical :p

arnold.jpg

And to lighten the mood,

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you loose your tan?

If ya need a chat to a wanker, give me a call.

Bribie G said:
I've seen people post this picture a few times. The two images were taken ~30 years apart. Look at his shoulders and neck. He could still press more than any one of us. There's no way such a comparison of me 30 years apart will be so favourable.

That aside - youthful, less-youthful? Doesn't matter. Carpe YOLO.

Echoing the sentiments above, I hope things aren't too grim, Bribie.

Thank.**** Nigella still looks awsome.

Sucked in to you if you thought I was going to put her pic in here

Bitches

I'm using my phone to hot spot, hence I thought it would take longer to load....................I was wrong <_<

To be honest, have you seen Arnold lately?
He's been lifting again and is starting to look pretty built for an old bloke

Bribie G said:
Enjoy your all too brief years of your youth, you will be amazed how quickly they pass - make them count for yourself and the people you love.

Bribie G gets philosophical :p

attachicon.gif
arnold.jpg
Gee Bribie, you've really let yourself go.

sp0rk said:
To be honest, have you seen Arnold lately?
He's been lifting again and is starting to look pretty built for an old bloke
Absolutely right, he was looking good in The Last Stand. It's a pity the same could not be said for the film.

Isn't he getting back into the movies ?
My original post was inspired by the movie "Papillon" on Gem yesterday where a convict was accused of the worst crime it was possible to commit - namely, leading a wasted life.

Grateful that I've done and continue to do interesting things and go to interesting places - do feel sorry for a lot of younger people who are totally stuck in some sort of Gen Y rut and never seem to get out of it. Whatever happened to buying a $50 old EH and driving to Cable Beach just to catch a few waves and meet some new chix, or hitch-hike overland from Laos to Istanbul via Afghanistan and Iran....

Bribie waves his walking frame aggressively B)

Fair few of them in the family. Sadly it's looking like they are going to be the first generation in modern times that will do less well than their parents' generation. More noticeable in the USA and Europe, but about to catch up with Australia in a big way.

Bribie G said:
Isn't he getting back into the movies ?
My original post was inspired by the movie "Papillon" on Gem yesterday where a convict was accused of the worst crime it was possible to commit - namely, leading a wasted life.

Grateful that I've done and continue to do interesting things and go to interesting places - do feel sorry for a lot of younger people who are totally stuck in some sort of Gen Y rut and never seem to get out of it. Whatever happened to buying a $50 old EH and driving to Cable Beach just to catch a few waves and meet some new chix, or hitch-hike overland from Laos to Istanbul via Afghanistan and Iran....

Bribie waves his walking frame aggressively B)
The good news is some of us gen Y' ers are having a go. Almost too much going on and the same for most of my mates. Plenty of opportunities out there lot's of people have just become lazy or never really stepped out of their comfort zone to experience the rewards.
I just bought a 1957 Holden FE Sedan for Sunday cruising to the beach with my mates along side their VW camper and FJ Ute so some of us are still having a dip..;)

Ducatiboy stu said:
Gen Y are only intetested in Gen3 Comodoores these days

Hope they enjoy them as much as us Gen X driving our Gen 3 Commodores

I wish I could get an EH for 50 bucks :( I also wish I didn't sell my 253 HJ styleside for a grand 10 years ago...

Youth is wasted on the young.

Latest posts

Back