Current Brisbane Bulk Buys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or must we get closer to the full 36?
A pallet is what, 36 bags, something like that

TTBOMK a pallet of 25kg sacks is 40. That's what it was in the Powells bulk buy. Shouldn't be any different here.
Another use for the "Brewerhood" mail list?
Go for the full pallet for maximum savings. :beerbang:

:beer:

Yeah, what Pete said :ph34r:

And FWIW, assuming I have the cash I'd hapilly buy more bags...just gotta sneak that past the financial controlller

I'm just here to place the order through. Whoever organises the bulk buy will be responsible for off loading the truck & distributing.

cheers Ross

G'day Ross,

Totally understand mate. So going by the above, would you be prepared to organise cheaper freight for our bulk buy in the interests of your Queensland brewerhood mates?

Edit spelling twice

Zizzle quoted 3 bags between us, but if it makes the numbers... Ill get another couple. so, 5 bags for us pair.

2 x Pils and 1 x Ale

Am happy to pick up for the SSC area as long as someone comes along for company and to help load and unload, the ute can take a ton.

Screwy

Fantastic Screwtop :) :) I am up for it, almost out of base malt, so the same as you:
2x Pils and 1x Ale

You HAVE to taste my Duval mix ******* on tap [if I can stop drinking it :blink: ].

TTBOMK a pallet of 25kg sacks is 40. That's what it was in the Powells bulk buy. Shouldn't be any different here.

40 bags to the ton for 25Kg, usually how it's sold, by the ton. Happy to pick up for Sunny Coast Brewers, collection from my shed.

Fantastic Screwtop :) :) I am up for it, almost out of base malt, so the same as you:
2x Pils and 1x Ale

You HAVE to taste my Duval mix ******* on tap [if I can stop drinking it :blink: ].

Long time no post Bindi, glad to see you back on here. Pissing off Sun for 10 days, know you're not a lager man but have a top Pils for you to taste too, name the day either your place or mine.

Screwy

FIAK what grain is, but if the pickup is on a weekend I'll pitch in for the unloading/loading Screwy.

InCider. :D

No mill, nothing to store it in :(

No mill, nothing to store it in :(

THe mill is one thing but storage is a no brainer. Get yourself some big garbabge bins or large plastic storage containers from Bunnings or super cheap auto or the like.

I got three for $9 each and they fit a 25kg sack easy...

I use another large plastic one for my assorted specialty bags...

THe mill is one thing but storage is a no brainer. Get yourself some big garbabge bins or large plastic storage containers from Bunnings or super cheap auto or the like.

I got three for $9 each and they fit a 25kg sack easy...

I use another large plastic one for my assorted specialty bags...

I do the same. never store my grain loose in those containers though. Always keep in the bags as those containers are not airtight.
A couple of giant rubber bands made from old bike tubes over each (opened) sack will give you peace of mind about vermin getting in. :)

Count me in for 2 bags of Weyermann Premium Pils and I will split a bag of Weyermann wheat if someone else is keen. I have spare bags for splitting as well.
I would also be keen for some munich and carapils if those can be split
Hockers

edit: I can't make up my mind..

Count me in for 2 bags of Weyermann Premium Pils and I will split a bag of Weyermann wheat if someone else is keen. I have spare bags for splitting as well.
I would also be keen for some munich and carapils if those can be split
Hockers

edit: I can't make up my mind..

I'd be in for a split of munich.

I could go a half a munich, then 1x BB ale and 1x pils, and would be happy to be involved in splitting crystals or other specialties.

Sunshine Coast or Brisbane is possible for me pick up wise.

As someone who'se been the buyer of bulk buys in things like concert tickets, and the hassle that comes with it, I'd agree with the whole money first then refunded if needs be plan someone floated.

Perhaps for simplicity we could keep it to two pick up/storage points, one in Sunshine Coast and Brisbane?

Guys I'm probably having to pull out before it has even begun. I may put my hand up but in the interests of making sure this all goes smoothly I'm going to say no so as to not be muddying the waters for the eventual organiser.

Apologies for any confusion or hassle...

An update from me and a summary of what has been tentatively ordered.

Checked with the Warehouse boss and it's all good for me/us to use the space for a week or so if needed. He said that the $240 for freight could probably be dropped by about 25% but he'd get back to me on Monday.

If anyone else has any good or better places/ideas please suggest them because I'm not married to this plan yet.

Numbers only
NickB . . . . 3 . . + Sp . . +More?
Glen . . . . . 1 . . + Sp? . +1?
KOS . . . . . 3
Screwtop . . 3
TidalPete . . 3
Zizzle/Brad . 3 . . +Sp . . +2
Wrenny . . . 2 . . +Sp
Bindi . . . . . 3
Hockers . . . 2 . . +Sp

Total . . . . 23 . . . . +3?

Specialties mentioned so far - Wey Wheat, Munich, Carapils and Crystal

I'll take 3 sacks of Perle.

cheers

Browndog

Thanks Microbe

Numbers only
NickB . . . . 3 . . + Sp . . +More?
Glen . . . . . 2. . + Sp
KOS . . . . . 3
Screwtop . . 3
TidalPete . . 3
Zizzle/Brad . 3 . . +Sp . . +2
Wrenny . . . 2 . . +Sp
Bindi . . . . . 3
Hockers . . . 2 . . +Sp
Browndog. . 3

Total . . . . 27 . . . . +3?

Where is this all being delivered to? Is there a facilitator? I am in for 3 bags if I can pick up in brisbane.

Cheers

Edit: Sorry Microbe, after a better read. Is anyone doing Brissy?

Back