Current Brisbane Bulk Buys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is this all being delivered to? Is there a facilitator? I am in for 3 bags if I can pick up in brisbane.

Cheers

Edit: Sorry Microbe, after a better read. Is anyone doing Brissy?

AKAIK only NickB and I have put up our hands to be the depot. As far as distribution goes Screwtop has said he'd take all the sunny coast stuff for pickup from him, and if I'm going to be the nominee - the rest is pickup from Hemmant - to be arranged. I can possibly take limited amounts around Brisbane's south and Gold Coast but I can't let it interfere too much with my job.

cheers,

I have got my hand up, but as stated before I'm on the Sunshine Coast, and a more central Brisbane Location may be advantageous. If Microbe is happy to be the Brisbane end, Screwtop can get the Coast orders to his place, and everyone can arrange to grab their orders ASAP, I think we should be good.

Cheers

Thanks Microbe

Numbers only
NickB . . . . 3 . . + Sp . . +More?
Glen . . . . . 2. . + Sp
KOS . . . . . 3
Screwtop . . 3
TidalPete . . 4
Zizzle/Brad . 3 . . +Sp . . +2
Wrenny . . . 2 . . +Sp
Bindi . . . . . 3
Hockers . . . 2 . . +Sp
Browndog. . 3

Total . . . . 28 . . . . +3?

Added another sack to my order & adjusted the total accordingly.
Going by the posts below it looks like only 3 sacks to go not counting the splits? Get that full pallet. :beerbang:

:beer:

What sort of specialties would people be interested in? I'd be looking at a couple of kg of Med Crystal, and maybe half a bag of Munich. Note sure if we'd have enough people to split a sack of Roast Barley, or Choc etc

Cheers

I'll be willing to split a bag of munich and a bag of crystal !

cheers

Browndog

Sorry to trouble you guys with what will be for most of you a no-brainer :) but I'm trying to setup a spreadsheet to keep better track of who's asked for what. My question is - is Ale different to Marris Otter Ale and Pils separate to Wey Pils separate to Weyerman Premium Pils? :huh: Or is it just a case of people calling the same thing by different names and confusing the K&Ker?

cheers, :chug:

microbe

Sorry to trouble you guys with what will be for most of you a no-brainer :) but I'm trying to setup a spreadsheet to keep better track of who's asked for what. My question is - is Ale different to Marris Otter Ale and Pils separate to Wey Pils separate to Weyerman Premium Pils? :huh: Or is it just a case of people calling the same thing by different names and confusing the K&Ker?

cheers, :chug:

microbe

Ross' site lists the malts available for the BB.

Sorry to trouble you guys with what will be for most of you a no-brainer :) but I'm trying to setup a spreadsheet to keep better track of who's asked for what. My question is - is Ale different to Marris Otter Ale and Pils separate to Wey Pils separate to Weyerman Premium Pils? Or is it just a case of people calling the same thing by different names and confusing the K&Ker?

cheers,

microbe

Got this from another bulk buy going ATM. ----- Linky
Seems to be a bit of a better offer than ours but perhaps there are reasons???
Hope this helps towards getting our bulk buy going?

Pete,

from my calculations I'm guessing that "per sack" price is based on a 1 tonne buy of a specific malt (ie: $31.88 x 40 sacks/tonne = $1275)

Not sure if the sack price would actually be that low if we bought (far) less of each grain.

Cheers

Edit: Just looking through the aforementioned bulk buy thread, and I believe the prices in the linked doc are Ex GST.

Pete,

from my calculations I'm guessing that "per sack" price is based on a 1 tonne buy of a specific malt (ie: $31.88 x 40 sacks/tonne = $1275)

Not sure if the sack price would actually be that low if we bought (far) less of each grain.

Cheers

Edit: Just looking through the aforementioned bulk buy thread, and I believe the prices in the linked doc are Ex GST.

Mainly posted the above to help out Microbe with his spreadsheet problems & couldn't help noticing the difference in prices. Here is another link to BB prices for August '07. --- here
Just a little confusing, I guess?
I'm sure there is a simple answer to the disparity? Minus GST perhaps?

G'day Guys,

Cheers for organising all of this.

With the choice of grains, are we just getting it from one supplier, or can we choose any from Ross's bulk buys list?

I'm keen for:
half a bag of Munich

plus the two that I had earlier:
1 bag pilsner
1 bag ale

about 5 kg crystal

Also, don't know what the vermin are like anywhere else, but down at the farm, they chew through plastic garbage bins. Metal is the only way to go.

Cheers,
Wrenny

G'day Guys,

Cheers for organising all of this.

With the choice of grains, are we just getting it from one supplier, or can we choose any from Ross's bulk buys list?

I'm keen for:
half a bag of Munich

plus the two that I had earlier:
1 bag pilsner
1 bag ale

about 5 kg crystal
Also, don't know what the vermin are like anywhere else, but down at the farm, they chew through plastic garbage bins. Metal is the only way to go.
Cheers,
Wrenny

Anything off the list is fine. :)

cheers ross

I'm in the process of getting a couple of quotes for transportation, but to be accurate, what will the dimensions, full weight and pickup location be?

cheers,

microbe

EDIT - added word so question made sense

I'm in the process of getting a couple of quotes for transportation, but to be accurate, what will the dimensions, full weight and pickup location be?

cheers,

microbe

EDIT - added word so question made sense

1 pallet - 1 to 2m high depending on order size. 500kg to 900kg as before. Collection Brooklyn Vic.

cheers Ross

I got a couple of freight quotes:

$324.04 +GST from Northline,
$340.00 +GST from Perth Freight Lines,

Might be best to see who Ross uses.

I got a couple of freight quotes:

$324.04 +GST from Northline,
$340.00 +GST from Perth Freight Lines,
Might be best to see who Ross uses.
With only one company to get back to me I've not found anything cheaper either. Should hear from the other one (hopefully) Monday.

I don't know about anyone else's timetable and I don't want to rush anyone but I've got a three week holiday coming up in about six weeks so seeing as no-one seems to mind my organisation thus far I'd like to get things rolling towards being finalised shortly.

This is what I have for orders so far -

NickB .........3.5 .....1 Pils, 1 Ale, 1 Wheat, Crystal
Glen ...........1 ......1 Non-Specified, Possibly more
KingOfSpain 3 ..3 Non-Specified
Screwtop 3 ...1 Wey Pils, 2 Marris Otter
TidalPete ..3 ....1 Galaxy, 2 Ale, 1 Non-Specified
Zizzle/Brad 5 ...5 Non-Specified
Wrenny ......2.75 ..1 Pils, 1 Ale, Munich, Crystal?
Bindi ...........3 ......1 Wey Pils, 2 Marris Otter
Hockers .......3.5 ...2 Wey Prem.Pils, Munich, Wey Wheat, Carapils
Browndog 3 ..3 Perle

Unclaimed 1.25 Crystal, Wey Wheat, Carapils

Total 32

Total includes part bags and on my expanded version of this spreadsheet I've made some assumptions regarding what sort of wheat or what sort of ale etc. So, if we are in agreement to go ahead, could everyone finalise and confirm orders being especially specific about brand and/or price. FYI Freight (using the crowd Ross uses) is $7.50/bag ATM assuming no dropouts or more coming in.

Craftbrewer Price Page

Cheers, :beer:

microbe

EDIT - ps - sorry it looks sh*thouse it's copied directly from the spreadsheet and I can't get the formatting to work for me. any questions just PM me.

With only one company to get back to me I've not found anything cheaper either. Should hear from the other one (hopefully) Monday.

I don't know about anyone else's timetable and I don't want to rush anyone but I've got a three week holiday coming up in about six weeks so seeing as no-one seems to mind my organisation thus far I'd like to get things rolling towards being finalised shortly.

NickB .........3.5 .....1 Pils, 1 Ale, 1 Wheat, Crystal
TidalPete ..4 ....2 x BB Galaxy, 1 X BB Ale, 1 X BB Wheat
Browndog 3 ..3 Perle

Total 32

microbe

microbe,

Many thanks for all your efforts on our behalf. It is very much appreciated. :super:
Have just changed the above to be my final order of 4 x BB bags.
Again, many thanks.

I'm amazed at you taking the lead on this one microbe. You don't even AG brew yet, right?

Let me offer you a (your first?) AG experience on my rig with you taking home the fresh wort for your efforts on this bulk buy. It may not be very hands on with the brewbot, but the beer should still be good :)

NickB ......... .....2 BB Galaxy, 1 BB Ale, Wheat, Munich
TidalPete ..3 ....1 Galaxy, 2 Ale, 1 Non-Specified
Browndog 3 ..3 Perle

Total

Total includes part bags and on my expanded version of this spreadsheet I've made some assumptions regarding what sort of wheat or what sort of ale etc. So, if we are in agreement to go ahead, could everyone finalise and confirm orders being especially specific about brand and/or price. FYI Freight (using the crowd Ross uses) is $7.50/bag ATM assuming no dropouts or more coming in.

Craftbrewer Price Page

microbe

EDIT - ps - sorry it looks sh*thouse it's copied directly from the spreadsheet and I can't get the formatting to work for me. any questions just PM me.

Updated what I want. Did not update the totals sorry. Once we know delivery details etc I'll confirm. All dependent on the money at this stage, so will have to see.

Cheers,

Back