Current Brisbane Bulk Buys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The King of Spain

Reaction score
Is anyone in Brisbane currently taking advantage of Ross's bulk buy for 20+ bags? A 25kg bag of BB ale for $38 for example has to be a no-brainer?

Anyone checked out freight??

Cheers

Is anyone in Brisbane currently taking advantage of Ross's bulk buy for 20+ bags? A 25kg bag of BB ale for $38 for example has to be a no-brainer?

Anyone checked out freight??

Cheers

Well I'd certainly be interested, providing my tax cheque is back in time... Completely out of grain ATM, so would be looking at at least 3 bags... 1 each of Ale, Pils and Wheat... Might be interested in going halves or quarters with someone on the specialties as well. Was thinking at least some crystal....

Not sure on the freight front...Rossco, any ideas mate?

I'd be in for 1, maybe 2 and possibly split some specialty malts.
Glen

Freight with Total Transport is $240 a pallet. I believe there is much cheaper though, if you look around.

Cheers Ross

Freight with Total Transport is $240 a pallet. I believe there is much cheaper though, if you look around.

Cheers Ross

A pallet is what, 36 bags, something like that.... Do you know if the pallet price applies to say, 20 bags?

Cheers

A pallet is what, 36 bags, something like that.... Do you know if the pallet price applies to say, 20 bags?

Cheers

I reckon we'd be able to get 36. I'd take 3 so at a rough guess we are up to 9 already.

Cheers

I reckon we'd be able to get 36. I'd take 3 so at a rough guess we are up to 9 already.

Cheers

Yeah, I'll be at least 3 bags of base malts....Some specialties as well if we can work out a split... And at the price Ross quoted on shipping, that's an extra $6.60/bag.

Anyone with any truckie rellos/mates who can get us a good deal...?

2 x W Pils and 1 x Maris Otter Ale

Am happy to pick up for the SSC area as long as someone comes along for company and to help load and unload, the ute can take a ton.

Screwy

Edit: changed ale to MO

Put me down for 2 x Galaxy and 1 x Ale please.
Will collect from you Rossco.

:beer:

Hi Pete,

Not collection from me sorry.

I'm just here to place the order through. Whoever organises the bulk buy will be responsible for off loading the truck & distributing.

cheers Ross

Are we talking about somewhere being needed as a depot and distribution point? If there's nothing easier, I should be able to use one pallet's worth of space at my work's warehouse in Hemmant (first exit south of/last exit before the Gateway Bridge).

cheers,

microbe

ps Not being AG yet I require nothing to be ordered for me

Just to get some context around this, I was kinda hoping to piggy back on any current orders in the pipeline. I'm not in a club member anywhere, and am not up to speed with what goes on in the Brisy brewing community. By way of excuse I am very busy with a full scale reno as an owner builder (200m extension) and have other commitments as president of a Toastmaster club -OK you can bring out some very small violins now :p

Ross is not the banker for this exercise, just offering for us to use his account. I have read threads that suggest the organisers of bulk buys are brave - unless there are some simple rules.

Here is what I suggest (without putting my hand):

(1) Money transfered to organisers account Prior To Order / Payment to Ross. Transfers accompanied by email with account details (BSB & ACC no and name recorded if return required),
(2) Agreed minimum quantity, for example 20 bags. If not met, than funds transfered are returned,
(3) Organiser not responsible for bag splitting - he is a collecion point only (unless involved himself), and
(4) Organiser holds bags for pickup. All care etc, but prompt pickup required because I/you can't guard bags of malt from mice etc.

OK, sorry that does not sound relaxed but in my experience, casual matey arrangments work fantastic when things are going well, and bloody terrible when they don't. That way we all know where we stand, and no one has to act as a banker.

Whatdoyareckon

KOS

Just to get some context around this, I was kinda hoping to piggy back on any current orders in the pipeline. I'm not in a club member anywhere, and am not up to speed with what goes on in the Brisy brewing community. By way of excuse I am very busy with a full scale reno as an owner builder (200m extension) and have other commitments as president of a Toastmaster club -OK you can bring out some very small violins now :p

Ross is not the banker for this exercise, just offering for us to use his account. I have read threads that suggest the organisers of bulk buys are brave - unless there are some simple rules.

Here is what I suggest (without putting my hand):

(1) Money transfered to organisers account Prior To Order / Payment to Ross. Transfers accompanied by email with account details (BSB & ACC no and name recorded if return required),
(2) Agreed minimum quantity, for example 20 bags. If not met, than funds transfered are returned,
(3) Organiser not responsible for bag splitting - he is a collecion point only (unless involved himself), and
(4) Organiser holds bags for pickup. All care etc, but prompt pickup required because I/you can't guard bags of malt from mice etc.

OK, sorry that does not sound relaxed but in my experience, casual matey arrangments work fantastic when things are going well, and bloody terrible when they don't. That way we all know where we stand, and no one has to act as a banker.

Whatdoyareckon

KOS

Hey,

fair enough I say!

I would have no problems organising the bulk buy, but there may be a couple of issues. 1. I'm in Noosa, which means a drive for those south of here, and 2. I live in a two-bedroom apartment....

It may be better for someone closer to Brisbane, who has the room, but I guess if worst comes to worst, I can do it.

Cheers

Nick

Brad & I will be up for 3 bags, and some specialty slits.

I'd be up for 2 bags plus some specialty.

Cheers,
Wrenny

Bump...

We don't seem to be even close to the number required. Could I ask Brissy/SE Qld folk to comment i.e. is it just that you don't need malt at the moment, or do you see other options (ie Powells etc) as more attractive?

Thanks
Glen

Bump...
We don't seem to be even close to the number required. Could I ask Brissy/SE Qld folk to comment i.e. is it just that you don't need malt at the moment, or do you see other options (ie Powells etc) as more attractive?

Thanks
Glen

I make the count ~24~ depending on how many want specialty malts - Pallet price should still apply which would put $10 on each bag. Are you still all interested at that price or must we get closer to the full 36? I'm going to the office tomorrow and I'll confirm use of warehouse space and see if I can't do something about that shipping price too.

cheers,

microbe

EDIT - sorry, bad addition. 18 or 19 plus specialties - think I counted Zizzle's order for Brad also but that's only meant to be three between the two of you?

From my count we're up to 17 or so, not including any specialty malts. I think we can get there, but this thread needs to stay prominently in the "latest threads" section....

We can do it!

And remember, we only need 20 bags as a minimum, although this would be offset a bit by higher freight costs per bag.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back