Craft Brewer Of Cerveza In Sa?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clutch

Brew your own beer, you'll save money.
Reaction score
Hey guys, my mate has just opened an organic Mexican restaurant in SA and I'm trying to convince him that he needs some Mexican style craft beer on tap.
He's pretty keen, since he's tasted my K&K home brew stuff and actually likes it.
I'm also trying to convince him that I should fly down and help with taste testing.

Can you guys point us in the right direction?

Also, does anyone know what hoops are required to be jumped through if we find a non-commercial brewer with some premo stuff, if we're selling it to the public in a licensed venue?

Mexican and Craft Beer don't exactly sit well in the same sentence. Having said that, Mexican beers come from the Austrian Brewing tradition and there are some nice dark and amber beers from there, such as Negra Modelo, but whether they would be of interest to restaurant diners I don't know.

AFAIK there aren't any Mexican style beers brewed in Australia commercially. BTW Cerveza is simply Spanish for Beer - from the Latin Cerevisia which is where we get our word Cereal from - the Westernmost parts of the Roman Empire kept the old Roman name for beer but the rest of the region, after being repeatedly pillaged by Germanic races, not to mention raped, adopted variations of "Birra".

:icon_cheers:

*Kaboom tish*

Thanks for the info Bribie G, and thanks for the laugh Red Ghost.

I really want the place to sell niche beer, not commercial stuff.

A. Decent Mexican food in SA? FINALLY. Where?
B. You need a Sangria too. Get a good Sangria mix, possibly white and red wine based ones. It is a popular drink at the higher end pubs here, served by the glass and / or carafe.
C. I don't know bollox about Mexican beer, but I'm sure they must drink more than just the one style. I'm afraid that your mate may have to sell coronas too though.

But! The gulf brewery have an organic beer that looks like a match.

A. Decent Mexican food in SA? FINALLY. Where?
B. You need a Sangria too. Get a good Sangria mix, possibly white and red wine based ones. It is a popular drink at the higher end pubs here, served by the glass and / or carafe.
C. I don't know bollox about Mexican beer, but I'm sure they must drink more than just the one style. I'm afraid that your mate may have to sell coronas too though.

But! The gulf brewery have an organic beer that looks like a match.

I drank sangria on tap at a camp ground when I was in Spain. Lethal. I don't remember how I got back to my tent. It tasted nice though. Would do well in a Mex restaurant.

Arriba in Prospect.

Back