Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fckn kids, my eldest knocked off ( permanently borrowed ) my spare Fysher and Paykel fridge about 2 yrs ago, fckn kids,in return he gave me an old Kelvinator fridge, which was too small with one buggered stand,Fckn kids.
No worries I thought I'll fix that easily and whacked it on some castors so I can move it around,job done and sorted I plugged it and it worked a treat and used it as a spare beer/ Xmas fridge.
Great I thought a fermentation fridge !
I received an STC 1000 two weeks ago,wired it up and put it to the test with a Lager in said fridge.
2 days later the fridge seals fail and the door is ready to fall off....yep, Fckn kids !
In the mean time my Son and his better half have bought a new fridge and he has got the old house fridge ( a Rolls Royce of a fridge ) for his shed,great I thought I'll grab my old one back, nah sorry Dad I gave that to my mate to use as his beer fidge...Fckn kids.
At family tea last night I told him that the fridge shat its self and I was trying to do a Larger , and he said...a Lager sounds nice why don't you buy another fridge........Fckn kids.;)

My girls though still young are sending me deeper into the realms of the Darker Side along with Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood, it all started with Anzac biscuits and Malt biscuits, then bread, took 5 kilo's of flour before I mastered it, now we are moving into cakes, I reckon there is more to learn about baking than there is to learn about brewing.

Wait till you start on pickles and jam to go with the bread...

And cheese, haha.

Sensing a common trend around here.

Pickles and jam I'm right with, its the pastry and other things with baking don't use a whisk use a wooden spoon don't overwork pastry, keep popping it in the fridge, have now advanced from using packet pastry to making my own apart from the puff pastry you can only bake Jamaican Ginger Cake when there's an 'r' in the month etc.

Mardoo said:
Have a go at croissant dough for a bit of fun. 100% technique.
Watched an episode of that James Martin Home Comforts once where he knocked up a batch.
Not sure what the threshold for human consumption of butter resulting in a spontaneous heart attack is, but I'd say they were pushing the limit.

wide eyed and legless said:
Just had a look at a croissant recipe, I don't think I will be making those, just yet.
Is easier to make a sand castle out of sawdust than to make croissants

Its a very technical process...I tried it once.....that was enough for me....the reult didnt look anything like a croissante

Yep. The one time I tried they tasted delicious (and yes, you could hear your arteries clanging shut with every bite) but looked like brioche rather than croissants.

Have a go at croissant dough for a bit of fun. 100% technique.
Great minds- I was going to suggest this.
My wife is wheat intolerant, but can handle spelt. The first batch of spelt croissants I knocked up for her disappeared remarkably quickly.....

Croissant.JPG

Red Baron said:
Great minds- I was going to suggest this.
My wife is wheat intolerant, but can handle spelt. The first batch of spelt croissants I knocked up for her disappeared remarkably quickly.....
You Sir, are a genius

Will never be using Toll if we (wife and I) can help it. What a joke. We both work office hours so we have a post box with parcel collect, setup at the wifes uni, works with every courier service we have used,... except Toll. They "won't deliver to post offices", they also won't tell you that and simply hold onto your parcel for weeks until you ring them. They will all of a sudden at least deliver to the local news agent so we can, you know actually get the parcel we are waiting for. Useless.

paulyman said:
Will never be using Toll if we (wife and I) can help it. What a joke. We both work office hours so we have a post box with parcel collect, setup at the wifes uni, works with every courier service we have used,... except Toll. They "won't deliver to post offices", they also won't tell you that and simply hold onto your parcel for weeks until you ring them. They will all of a sudden at least deliver to the local news agent so we can, you know actually get the parcel we are waiting for. Useless.
Thats the problem with couriers/taxi trucks/ They cant deliver to PO boxes.

But I believe that they cant deliver anywhere past the depot door

And pick or Delivery outside a 60k zones.....forget it

I know this from bitter hard experience.

Fuckers wont even ring you half the time to say its waiting to be picked up

Ducatiboy stu said:

Yep I've seen and experienced it many times, construction materials etc are re ordered on priority ( as no one has a clue to its where abouts ) and some time later the original ordered gear is found coated in dust with the claim that it was here all the time but you didnt come and get it !
Some of them couldn't find their arse in the dark.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I wish they would deliver to the Fastway depot door, then we would get our damn parcel.

Ducatiboy stu said:

Oh how I wish! Courier companies won't deliver to the house and take it straight to the post office! Even with the bright yellow authority to leave sticker. Bastards.

Nullnvoid said:
Oh how I wish! Courier companies won't deliver to the house and take it straight to the post office! Even with the bright yellow authority to leave sticker. Bastards.
Yep, including our sponsors' couriers. I get notes saying I have to pick up a parcel from the post office. I get it and there it is printed on the label in block letters,
OK TO LEAVE AT THE DOOR IF NO-ONE HOME.
Pisses me off. Either these deadshits cant read, cant be stuffed reading or aren't allowed to leave at doors. If they aren't allowed to, let me know. I work, so never home when a courier arrives. If I want to pick up from a post office, I'd put that on the label. Any sponsors listening?

Back