Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:" Southern Highlands man arrested for stealing Home Brew supplies from Verandah. "

Jameson Squires was put under citizens arrest after a neighbor saw him acting suspiciously on the front verandah of a Bowral home yesterday. The neighbor questioned the mans motive's, then placed him under citizens arrest The Police latter interviewed him and charged him with theft of goods worth $11.50 and trespass. He will appear in Court on April 1

so whats with the twisted fecker that makes sure that the "peel here" section on sliced ham packs is actually the toughest part of the friggin packet to open, guaranteed to tear...somewhere, someone's having a good laugh about that

droid said:
so whats with the twisted fecker that makes sure that the "peel here" section on sliced ham packs is actually the toughest part of the friggin packet to open, guaranteed to tear...somewhere, someone's having a good laugh about that
Likely the same person who produces the bags pasta comes in. You try to open them like a bag of Smiths chips by pinching the seam and pulling - then a bit harder - then a bit harder - then to the point you're starting to make a bit of a strain face - then in a nano second the bag fails along some random lateral line top to bottom and its ******* mini Penne everywhere.
I suppose you could snip the corner with scissors. But whos got time for that..

Reminds me of this (and all that similar god dam plastic packaging that you need scissors to cut open)

You-cant-open-the-scissors-until-you-buy-scissors.jpg

And the same idiots who came up with resealable bags with a zip lock where the zip lock fastening works fine, but the glue attaching it to the bag fails as soon as you look at it.

...glad wrap should only be sticky once it is applied in it's final position. The amount of times I've ripped some off for it to fold over on itself, and then get even worse when I try and peel it back off itself..

God dam. Now I'm angry just thinking about it.

And those stupid little plastic 'pegs' on bread bags. What good are they?!?

I'll tell you what good.. none good.

mckenry said:
Yep, including our sponsors' couriers. I get notes saying I have to pick up a parcel from the post office. I get it and there it is printed on the label in block letters,
OK TO LEAVE AT THE DOOR IF NO-ONE HOME.
Pisses me off. Either these deadshits cant read, cant be stuffed reading or aren't allowed to leave at doors. If they aren't allowed to, let me know. I work, so never home when a courier arrives. If I want to pick up from a post office, I'd put that on the label. Any sponsors listening?
I could have written that, you took the words out of my mouth. This last time I had to leave work early to get to the post office before they close as it was a Friday. There was a massive yellow sticker giving the authority to leave. I doubt they even went to my house.

Except that I don't blame the sponsor I buy off. I have let them know in case they need to make complaints or get the same thing repeatedly.

Blind Dog said:
And the same idiots who came up with resealable bags with a zip lock where the zip lock fastening works fine, but the glue attaching it to the bag fails as soon as you look at it.
Happens to me all the time with grated cheese! Coon the worst offender with some bloody ridiculous packaging.

I should just grate my own I suppose, but this is a rant thread after all.

For the love of god...where the **** is the end on this stuff.....I can never find it

cello_tape_or_packing_tape.jpg

Ducatiboy stu said:
For the love of god...where the **** is the end on this stuff.....I can never find it

Could they make each layer separate so there are no ends.

Ducatiboy stu said:

It's at the bottom.

GrumpyPaul said:
For the love of God men....do you need instructions for everything?

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-Edge-of-a-Roll-of-Tape
Those instructions are useless. Completely useless.

I have the Mother Of ALL Rolls of Tape !!!! . This roll has no end. Nothing. I have tried using a sharp edge to find it, .....nothing. Tried 10,000 different light angles......nothing...even got children involved....nothing

Mardoo said:
You need to head down to the big green shed and get a Tape End. It's next to the Striped Paint.
I once got a kid doing work experience with us to go in and ask the man at Miter 10 for a packet of grinding sparks.
True story.

He was a rather dull lad.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Those instructions are useless. Completely useless.

I have the Mother Of ALL Rolls of Tape !!!! . This roll has no end. Nothing. I have tried using a sharp edge to find it, .....nothing. Tried 10,000 different light angles......nothing...even got children involved....nothing
Did you try using an Asian man?

Dave70 said:
I once got a kid doing work experience with us to go in and ask the man at Miter 10 for a packet of grinding sparks.
True story.

He was a rather dull lad.
Way back as a youngster I did work experience for a printing company.

Got sent to the tooling department to ask for a long weight.

When I got there the guy said "hang on a sec"

Yep...you guessed it. I had a long wait.

Used to get a few with

"Go to the Police Station and get a verbal agreement form"

Tins of compression

Left hand screwdriver

Stripped paint

Packet of holes

Latest posts

Back