Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep.
**** & Cunter.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-28%20at%2011.57.16%20am-thumb-400x224-201752.jpg

Even the bloke that invented coffee pods regrets coming up with them. I was hoping this was because nespresso is mainly drank by tossers, but seems its due to the pods environmental impact.

Quite ironic that the caffeine is the plants defence against predators, we even make insecticides with it, and amazingly it is this defence which has contributed to the survival and spread of the tea and coffee plants beyond their survivalist dreams.

And did you know the coffee bean borer beetle can consume the caffeine equivalent of 500 Espresso's, enough to kill a 150 lb human. Not many people know that. :)

We are on pods and I curse the invention of them, I open the spent ones up and tip the contents on my compost, the only benefit I get from doing this is I will be able to shuck oysters at an amazing rate.

wide eyed and legless said:
Quite ironic that the caffeine is the plants defence against predators, we even make insecticides with it, and amazingly it is this defence which has contributed to the survival and spread of the tea and coffee plants beyond their survivalist dreams.
It's only ironic in the world of Alanis Morissette.

If people lament the environmental impacts yet can't live without their pods, they could try something like this: http://www.terracycle.com.au/en-AU

I once owned an environmentally friendly XB falcon that was constantly coveting itself into iron oxide.

I had something similar, two tone, black and rust, changing the wheel after getting a puncture and a guy pulled up and opened the bonnet, when I asked him what he was doing he said if your having the wheels I'll take the battery.

At least the Continental had a vinyl roof, so when that rusted away you still had a roof.

No worries with those decedent rust buckets here.
Duroplast. Its not just for toilet seats. Apparently the body shell of a Trabant can only be destroyed by bacterium or pulverizing it into aggregate for road base.
If you try and burn it it, the fumes will kill your whole village including livestock.

Wm6132.jpg

Considering you were able to punch a whole in the bonnet with your bare fist I would have just folded it up and placed it into the recycle bin.

Your next door neighbor would most likely Stasi and dob you in to the commies for acting western and punching your car out. Probably wind up breaking rocks in the Gulag.

I used to have an environmentally friendly Commodore, It used to burn the oil, which saved having to find some where to dump it

Dave70 said:
Your next door neighbor would most likely Stasi and dob you in to the commies for acting western and punching your car out. Probably wind up breaking rocks in the Gulag.
To be fair though, considering there was a wait list of 16 years for those cars (smart parents ordered one with the birth of their child), why would have anyone wanted to destroy their car anyway (apart from it being shit of course)?

Dave70 said:
No worries with those decedent rust buckets here.
Duroplast. Its not just for toilet seats. Apparently the body shell of a Trabant can only be destroyed by bacterium or pulverizing it into aggregate for road base.
If you try and burn it it, the fumes will kill your whole village including livestock.
That reminds me (very fondly) of the car Homer once test drove at Crazy Vaclav's Place of Automobiles.

"will get three hundred hectares on a single tank of kerosene"

"Put it in H!"

tumblr_lb7el5H25i1qdoghio1_500.png

Florian said:
apart from it being shit of
You are 100% correct.

We did a 'Trabant tour' in Berlin years ago. Basically you're crunching and jerking your way around the city in a convoy of several these motoring abomination's whilst the 'guide' points out places of interest over a crappy CB radio.
Left hand drive, sloppy column shift, stinking 2 stroke engine (BRRRRRR BING BING BING!!) devoid of any torque, zero experience driving on the right hand side of the road.
First day in town after a long haul flight. About thirty hours without sleep by the time I slumped behind the wheel. Traffic, anxiety and having directions barked at me by a German man through crackling speakers was pretty much the last thing I needed that afternoon.
Lucky the hotel bar sold beer by the liter.

Dave70 said:
You are 100% correct.

We did a 'Trabant tour' in Berlin years ago. Basically you're crunching and jerking your way around the city in a convoy of several these motoring abomination's whilst the 'guide' points out places of interest over a crappy CB radio.
Left hand drive, sloppy column shift, stinking 2 stroke engine (BRRRRRR BING BING BING!!) devoid of any torque, zero experience driving on the right hand side of the road.
First day in town after a long haul flight. About thirty hours without sleep by the time I slumped behind the wheel. Traffic, anxiety and having directions barked at me by a German man through crackling speakers was pretty much the last thing I needed that afternoon.
Lucky the hotel bar sold beer by the liter.
They are pretty light....which comes in handy

trabant.jpg

Latest posts

Back