Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
Got a text from a mate this fine Christmas morn to announce his elderly parents had awoken today to discover they had been relieved of presents, cash and jewelry whilst they slept last night.
More disturbing was most of it was taken from their bedroom. These are people of very modest means, mind you.

Have a misanthropic Christmas.
By Christ I'd like to get my hands on the thieving scum,Christmas time makes it all the more unforgivable...dogs,Fckn dogs.

And on a different rant.....we ran out of beer ( dickheads) ahh,but we found a heap of the Father in laws home made spirits.....faaark.

When did AHB start deleting posts? Admittedly it was infantile, but funny at the time. But who the **** decided it should be deleted? If anything I say offends anyone, I'll happily have a discussion face to face; I'll even pay for the 2nd round. Ask me to pull my head in even. But to just delete the post with no communication? Not a community I want to be a part of

You falling prey to the old BuggyAppItis Blind Dog? I've often thought a post of mine has been deleted when in fact the app has just randomly truncated posts at the tai end of the thread. They're still there, you just can't see them for a bit. Your one about the better half is still there if that's the one you mean.

We do not, repeat, do not, delete posts..
In fact, we do not delete posts period.
If a post is to be moderated, it will be hidden or edited, but it will always still be in the forum.
Let's be honest, it's pretty much open slather in the Pub, because it's impossible to go off topic in an off topic thread.

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas, and the headaches quickly disappear.

Melbourne weather.

Stinking hot last night, so I left packing the car for a Boys Trip for tmrw. Got up at sparrows today. Bucketing down. And still bucketing down.
You can take your rain and Fark Orf.

... Just started raining more heavily... Sigh.

Blind Dog said:
When did AHB start deleting posts? Admittedly it was infantile, but funny at the time. But who the **** decided it should be deleted? If anything I say offends anyone, I'll happily have a discussion face to face; I'll even pay for the 2nd round. Ask me to pull my head in even. But to just delete the post with no communication? Not a community I want to be a part of
Just done a quick search, are you referring to your post in reply to a newer female member asking what you wanted in a homebrew shop to which you replied that you wanted naked pole dancers(2nd post of the thread btw)? If so, pull your head in and please refrain.

The post was not deleted, just hidden. I did not hide it but support the mod that did. Do we really need comments like that? If it was a serious offence you would have received a pm.....

Merry Christmas

Cheers

PS. If I am ever in your area, I would be quite happy to discus over a couple of beers...............especially if your paying

A quick note to the people walking along Sydney footpaths on rainy days who insist on using giant golf umbrellas and marching along as though they are the only person on the world, leaving a trail of gouged eyes and scratched faces in their wake -

You do not need an umbrella that big. A regular sized umbrella will work just as well. You do not need to keep your golf bag and caddy dry on the trip between the office and the station. In fact, why not do what I do and wear a Frickin raincoat. That way I can stay dry and not inconvenience/injure other footpath users.

Similar to people with umbrellas walking under semi-covered footpaths. If you're walking on the covered section of the footpath, get rid of your god dam umbrella, otherwise walk on the uncovered section!

I know! And people wearing sunglasses at night!
Caps on the wrong way around.
Children out of their cages....

Um, not the last bit. I'm sorry, I have a cold.

Or, If your the more hands on type, just get a gut full of piss, swagger off down the street and clobber a total stranger. Six years for a innocent young mans life? Seems just..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-08/kieran-loveridge-sentenced-to-six-years27-prison-over-king-hit/5078728

You can get longer for fiddling your BAS for Chirst sake.

http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/corporate-crime/tax-fraud/evasion

R v Ridley (NSWCCA 2007)
The defendant submitted false BAS's which would have resulted in incorrect payments of almost $3 million to the defendant's companies.
The defendant was sentenced to almost eight years' imprisonment with a non-parole period of almost five years.

Tropical_Brews said:
How To Get Away With Murder ? Just kill an innocent by driving a car.. The incident in Hobart that killed the mother and saved the unborn must have a really bad effect on the Emergency Services that attended. Somebody say bring back the Death Penalty ?

https://www.change.org/p/bryan-green-cassy-o-conner-will-hodgeman-skyes-law-for-tasmania?recruiter=9796611&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-sm-action_alert-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default

A really, really horrible incident caused by utter stupidity but you're calling for the execution of a 15 year old.
Not in my lifetime, please.

Or maybe some accountability for the parents of the youths who cause such destruction

Might motivate more proactive parenting?

Cheers

Maybe this is part of the problem

image.jpeg

dicko said:
Maybe this is part of the problem

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
I would say the main part of the problem but alongside TV programs such as Worlds Wildest Chase Videos which gives these morons ideas.

Back