Conical fermentor EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judanero

Yeast maketh the beer.
Reaction score
I am currently in talks with a supplier in China for a 30L 304 SS hopper with SS lid and v-clamp, 2" tri-clamp ferrule fitting on the base of the 60 degree cone.

Conical 30L.jpg

View attachment 20160708_fermenter%2B30L.pdf

Quoted price is ~ $190 for the fermentor, I have also asked for a 2" butterfly valve which is quoted ~ $41, I'm waiting to hear on the quote for shipping to Port Botany so not sure how much that will run. I was quoted on a local supplier for the hopper only; no lid, clamp or butterfly valve and that was $250 (without postage).

I will be getting a couple, I've asked for a quote on four so looking to gauge interest and go from there... Everything will be as transparent as practical, legs will still need to be attached to this (either TIG'd or a frame the cone sits on manufactured) but that will be up to the individual, the seller has a couple other products that partially interest me so may get a quote on them as well.

Let me know if interested and we'll go from there, thinking of capping it at ten units though until I hear back re shipping.

Think youd get more interatet at 64L?

Good point; there was another thread talking about a modular system so I might enquire about a ~30L cylinder add-on that is compatible with the existing lid clamp.

May be interested, pending on final costs and others interest
Would def be grabbing the expansion ring to take it up to 64L

Interested pending final costs.

I'd probably only want the 30L, but might grab the extension ring if cost wasn't stupidly high as future-proofing. :D

angus_grant said:
Interested pending final costs.

I'd probably only want the 30L, but might grab the extension ring if cost wasn't stupidly high as future-proofing. :D
+1

over $1000 = IMPORT TAX.. You should see if they will ship for free????

Just waiting to hear back from customs, four 30L ones delivered will cost $244 each so will fall under the $1000 so no taxes/ duties.

They don't manufacture expansion rings, so I enquired about 60L ones and they work out at $301.50 each delivered.

All hoppers include a 2" butterfly valves, a lid and clamp to secure the lid, mirror finished inside and out.

Potentially a couple orders could be made, each time falling under the $1000 threshold to avoid the 10% GST + 5% duty + $50 processing fee (waiting for confirmation this is all above board) so will wait on that info before pulling the trigger.

They are only able to be delivered to Sydney so interested people would need to be able to get there or Newcastle for collection.

Will keep posted.

Judanero, would you consider shipping an entire order of 3 x 60L to Melbourne? obviously on me to sort out pick up and split.

MB

MastersBrewery said:
Judanero, would you consider shipping an entire order of 3 x 60L to Melbourne? obviously on me to sort out pick up and split.

MB
Yeah I don't think that'd be a problem, the only two ports they deliver to from Shanghai is Botany and Melbourne so I don't imagine logistically it would be too hard.

Will keep you posted mate.

I'd be happy to pick a 60L up from Newy at that price
Love your work Judanero
Also, would you be able to grab a schematic for the 60L version, spose I better measure up my fridge before I actually pull the trigger

Latest posts

Back