Cm2, Fourstar, Brendo, Maple Collaboration Brewday #2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bring my grain tonight. I'm happy to crush it for us before i bring it around tonight. It saves you having to do any more work. ;)

Ive still got to pitch my 100% rye tonight or first thing tomorrow (assuming the yeast drops out in the starter flask) so saying that I'll be bringing two cubes tonight and one tomorrow after cricket. If we get washed out tomorrow i should be around and ready for work by around 1-2PM at the latest.

Cheers.

If WHEN we get washed out tomorrow i should WILL be around and ready for work by around 1-2PM at the latest.

Cheers.

just a few typos i fixed up for ya.

dude your opening yourself up for so many jokes. last time you had to leave now you cant come... we are going to be hanging shit on you all day! :lol:

all good

MXD is going to drop by and pick up his hops so he'll say hi also
well... its the same situation as last time. Could come but won't be able to stay the whole day, following on to night if it comes to that this time (stuck sparges, anyone?)

dont mind mate. i can add it to my gain and crush it tonight. is it just for the porter? i dont want to ad it to the wrong batch!
hopefully ill be home by 7:30pm (damn work). otherwise if you need to drop it off before hand, just let me know and ill alert the missus
PS. the other night when i sms you. i was reading 'cacl' as calcium not as CaCl as you intended. hence my confusion!

No rush, one bag, the big sucker is for the stout, and a small pail of wheat for the NW Pils.

well... its the same situation as last time. Could come but won't be able to stay the whole day, following on to night if it comes to that this time (stuck sparges, anyone?)
It's fine Mate I'm just hanging shit on you

It's fine Mate I'm just hanging shit on you

No it's not!!

We will have to remove the "mastun" portion from his title - he never hangs round long enough to see one ;)

Edit: oh an the Ozito was a piece of sh!t... was rooted halfway through the job - took it back and ponied up the extra for a dremel - much happier!!

No it's not!!

We will have to remove the "mastun" portion from his title - he never hangs round long enough to see one ;)

Edit: oh an the Ozito was a piece of sh!t... was rooted halfway through the job - took it back and ponied up the extra for a dremel - much happier!!
mine's been ok. was only cutting plastic though... you get what you pay for I suppose.

OK Fellas... finalised (kinda) recipe for New World Pilsner.

I have followed Bradens lead and set this up as a no sparge process to allow us to pull the partigyle for the Berliner Weiss. Based on the volumes, we should exceed my mash tun volume by 20l, so I think Fourstar's strategy of a partial drain to accomodate mash out water (or something similar) will be the go for this one too.

I have subbed the bittering addition to Magnum as discussed and have added a 30 min addition of Nelson Sauvin - taking our IBUs up a little again. We can haggle over the final hop schedule tomorrow and repost any major departures.

I will bring some beersmith print outs with me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: New World Imperial Pilsner
Brewer: Brendo
Asst Brewer:
Style: German Pilsner (Pils)
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 90.00 L
Boil Size: 110.00 L
Estimated OG: 1.090 SG
Estimated Color: 6.0 SRM
Estimated IBU: 76.3 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
26.00 kg Pilsner (Joe White) (2.0 SRM) Grain 70.27 %
8.00 kg Pale Malt, Ale (Joe White) (3.0 SRM) Grain 21.62 %
3.00 kg Wheat Malt (Joe White) (2.0 SRM) Grain 8.11 %
100.00 gm Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 41.6 IBU
55.00 gm Pacific Jade [15.20 %] (60 min) Hops 24.9 IBU
30.00 gm Nelson Sauvin [12.60 %] (30 min) Hops 5.7 IBU
20.00 gm Rakau [11.50 %] (15 min) Hops 1.8 IBU
20.00 gm Motueka (B Saaz) [8.60 %] (15 min) Hops 1.4 IBU
20.00 gm Riwaka (D Saaz) [5.90 %] (15 min) Hops 0.9 IBU
20.00 gm Riwaka (D Saaz) [5.90 %] (0 min) Hops -
20.00 gm Rakau [11.50 %] (0 min) Hops -
20.00 gm Motueka (B Saaz) [8.60 %] (0 min) Hops -

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body
Total Grain Weight: 37.00 kg
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Light Body
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 96.49 L of water at 68.9 C 63.0 C
10 min Mash Out Add 61.76 L of water at 98.0 C 75.6 C

Notes:
------
Big Brew Day Collaborative effort.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looking solid now. I think we should hop the sh!7 outta the partygyle that comes off the stout. like 2:1 BU:GU with a massive dry hop component...

Well rebuild mill, crushed remaining grain with Brendo
Figured out hlt arrangements. 200L is going on tomorrow around 6am.
Once we mash in I'll be doing a Bunnings run for cubes and some BBQ gas *looks embarrassed*

Then thunderbirds collaboration brewers are go!

Once we mash in I'll be doing a Bunnings run for cubes and some BBQ gas *looks embarrassed*

Then thunderbirds collaboration brewers are go!

Want me to bring a gas bottle CM2? Happy to fill and contribute one of mine for the day.

Bring it on - Beeraggeddon is upon us. Looking forward to mashing-in with the big mash tun - will be interesting to see how it performs.

Who was bringing the Ark? Pretty darn wet out there!!!

Want me to bring a gas bottle CM2? Happy to fill and contribute one of mine for the day.
Dont feel like u have to as I'll have to grab another bottle anyway. But backup is always good.

Well it's 7am and after some stuffing round 200l of water is heating. Now if only the rain would f*ck off. My guttering can't handle rain this heavy. On the up side Fourstar won't be playing cricket and will be here for the whole thing.

I recon this place is gonna smell awsome with 2 huge batches mashing and boiling at the same time

Dont feel like u have to as I'll have to grab another bottle anyway. But backup is always good.

Well it's 7am and after some stuffing round 200l of water is heating. Now if only the rain would f*ck off. My buttering can't handle rain this heavy. On the up side Fourstar won't be playing cricket and will be here for the whole thing.

I recon this place is gonna smell awsome with 2 huge batches mashing and boiling at the same time

No worries, will be at your place just before 8am with a gas bottle. Can't believe the rain we had last night... we undercover today cm2?

I saw Noah and his arc in the backyard and I asked him to hang around in case we flood. He told me that I'm a fkn animal but not the sort that he wanted!

None of my animals will go outside it's so fkn wet. Sooks.

Anyways yes lots of rain, leaking gutters, but we are undercover, it's just a wet ground. So shoes are a must will all this electricity and boiling wort.

All going extremely well - 160L tun lautered beautifully and the first beer in cubes, second one at boil.

Partigyle from stout hitting the kettle and the executive decision has been made - a Rye IPA has been added to our brewing line up. Will push us above the 400L output for the day!!

All done for the day - around 430L brewed across 5 different beers - massive effort and will keep us busy fermenting for a little while to come yet.

Back