Fourstar, CM2, Brendo, Maple Mega Brewday #3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounded like a big day lol. talking about grain can you compost it??? cants see why not but sick of throwing it in the bin and if I brew like this week the day after the bins come it stinks like holly hell.

sounded like a big day lol. talking about grain can you compost it??? cants see why not but sick of throwing it in the bin and if I brew like this week the day after the bins come it stinks like holly hell.

I normally chuck my spent grain in the compost, but fortunately most of the vegies had finished, so straight into the patches with 70kg+ this time around.

hmm another good reason for a compost bin cheers :p 70kg :p one way to use the stocks

Big day. Shagged after that and engagement party post brew dy
Trialling new equipment isnt recommended in thesedays bht we pretty much canned it in all things consiered

Edit. Bigups to kell for feeding and watering us today. Grousse food.

Thanks to the hosts. Top grub as always Kell. Big day, great output overall. Those spices in that Saison were beyond awesome.

It was a fun day... and good doing it on my home turf.

Looking forward to pitching yeast at those cubes soon.

Kudos to Brendo and Kel for the awesome hospitality, a great day had by all! Just about to tip the sulfur IPA in wake for the marzen and BIPA. I so need to fill my empty kegs ASAP.

Cheers once again! B)

Wyeast Octfest going into marzen tomorrow.
Us05 into apa tomorrow

Any more photo's chaps?

Well done on the day, total final volumes?

Umm fellas I forgot pepper in saison. Add 1/4tsp when u oxegenate.

Raven - my pics will go up monday when I can resize them to smaller size.

Brendo - will do

delayed photos

Obligitory pic of brendan with his arms in the monster tun
brendan_in_tun.jpg

Kettle smurf
kettle_smurf.jpg

Getto immersion element elevation device
getto_element_elevation_device.jpg

mutiple rigs in action (note getto brew sculpture aka ladder)
tuns_a_plenty.jpg

first beer drained (saison). smell :icon_drool2:
saison_drained.jpg

latter in the venening the kettle drainers trying to get even amounts in cubes.... they had trouble finding the hole....
master_pourers.jpg

Im sure someone else took pics of end cube-age

fellas, have got the OGs of the beers? I cant find piece of paper witht the OGs i took when i got home :(

fermented the US mild, then dumped the black IPA onto the yeastcake. its now trying to get me in trouble with the missus as its fkn climbed out of the fermentor and tried to invade the entire brewroom! it went nuclear. absolute mess. smells great though.

Tapped US mild. Omg unami characteristics. Tasty, hoppy but restrained, malt, weird combo. No style guidelines here. Tasty tasty tasty.

Colour doesn't match mild style guidelines, but its not like we.were brewing to style!

The marzen and bipa were 1.054 and the Saison was 1.074.

Smashed the keg of marzen and the bipa was very bitter but has mellowed well. Tasting goooooooood so far.

The Saison I've began fermenting with DuPont and wyeast lambic blend. Very strong anise so I'm slightly worried about the way it will blend with the sour. Only time will tell I suppose.

Tapped it for a test... Lovely!!! I got some great yeast characteristic from octoberfest yeast. It's clean, malty great bitterness. U could slam down pints of this all night. A few more weeks lagering though.

Great beer as Braden said

Latest posts

Back