Cm2 First Solo Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gees, and all this time I've been waiting for the first hop addition :lol:
I noticed that rule too. I crack the grain almost as the first thing, sometimes even the night before, so that's fairly dangerous all in all...

Ours is always mash in.... first solo biab on our own gear we were so excited couldnt sleep so first beer was 7.00am

first beer will be once mash in is complete. will have to stagger drinking as ive got a 90 minute step mash and must be coherent

Go well! Stuff up everything you like, until temp drops below 70C. Then let sanitation be perfect. That way you'll avoid what I encountered - a wonderful first AG, except for the infected taste. :(

T.

Good luck CM2, hope it all goes smoothly mate... Back the finishing POR off a little & it should be cracker.

cheers Ross

Yep Ross is right - less POR and you'll be able to drink it sooner. Otherwise you might have to sit on it for some cellartime as it is until it mellows (unless you're gunning for it to be really bitter). POR has some kick.

Hopper.

yeah ive been thinking about backing off the POR slightly. no worries about it mellowing as its a lager so it will have heaps of time lagering. although the kick of those hops is why i dropped the last addition of nugget. too much for an aussie style lager.

providing it is a cracker, one keg is mine to drink and the other is for the Vic xmas case swap.

im all good with the processes, so as Fents said its more of a rig christening and establishing the specs of the rig for promash.

providing it is a cracker, one keg is mine to drink and the other is for the Vic xmas case swap.

I like the way you are thinking and good luck for brew day (remember its not perfect the first run)

I should be down in melb town tomorrow afternoon hopefully catching up with fents

Gees, and all this time I've been waiting for the first hop addition :lol:

I noticed that rule too. I crack the grain almost as the first thing, sometimes even the night before, so that's fairly dangerous all in all...
Well ok, CM2 can wait till mash in for his first go at AG, but it's at grain cracking after that... and not a minute earlier...

Geez it's about time CM, all the best with it! The best advice I can offer: Don't forget the whirlfloc!

Geez it's about time CM, all the best with it! The best advice I can offer: Don't forget the whirlfloc!
Thanks for the reminder blackbock, grabbing the whirlfloc now out of the stash for you CM2! not sure how I'm gonna fit the chiller on the bike yet though...

Sounds great. Once you get into the swing of things just try a brew with one single addition of 20g Superpride added at beginning of boil and nothing else. The eventual hop in the beer will raise your eyebrows, ditto with a Sparkling Ale clone.

Clever little hop.
Have fun :icon_cheers:

Wasn't this going to be Saturday? No pics yet?

One of two things coulda happened here, either it was a complete disaster, or it was soooo good CM2 is still on the mend :ph34r:

Wasn't this going to be Saturday? No pics yet?

One of two things coulda happened here, either it was a complete disaster, or it was soooo good CM2 is still on the mend :ph34r:
He's still mending :p

edit: KT, those sausage rolls rocked!

He's still mending :p

ROFL! :lol: Sampling does take it outta ya, huh?

BUT NO EXCUSE! Damn it CM2 you know the rules! Picture, Pictures and more Pictures! And a report on how it all went. Geez you've got me hanging here.

Cheers

Chappo

Back