Cm2 First Solo Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting... might have to put that one to the test... thanks for that crozdog!!!

There is quite a bit of info on here already:
- checkout post#27 from Scotty (///) here plus- this one and
this
as examples.

oh, the weyyerman i used was boh pils, i recall others commenting on DMS from their stratight pils.

don't forget that not everyone can detect DMS ;-)

beers.

(sorry for the hijack CM2)

There is quite a bit of info on here already:
- checkout post#27 from Scotty (///) here plus- this one and
this
as examples.

oh, the weyyerman i used was boh pils, i recall others commenting on DMS from their stratight pils.

don't forget that not everyone can detect DMS ;-)

beers.

(sorry for the hijack CM2)

Cool... I will def give this a go next time I use some JW Pils...

Cool... I will def give this a go next time I use some JW Pils...

Not to mention it is a decent grain too! Ive made a pils with it and a weizen comparable to using Weyermann. malt profile still very very good.

i know its customary just to have single POR addition for 'aussie' flavoured beers. but i wanted it to be prominate. maybe im over working the hop additions and should drop one of the POR additions and move the other back to a 15min addition.

Damn you CM2 you just made me google that word. guess it's a combination of dominate/prominent
:D

Q

lets hope my brew day is better than my spelling!

i_popped_my_cherry_have_you_tshirt_p235614668006067252yel4_400.jpg

no i dont think i have popped her cherry :p

maybe im like britany spears was back in the day....technically a virgin (if you dont get it, dont ask). i brewed with Dave so have sort of AGed.

hmm it just occured to me why i was using 34/70 and not coopers yeast.....coopers is an ale yeast and im making a lager. although with the crappy naming conventions megaswill breweries use, maube i should use an ale yeast and call it a lager!

no i dont think i have popped her cherry :p

maybe im like britany spears was back in the day....technically a virgin (if you dont get it, dont ask). i brewed with Dave so have sort of AGed.

So what you're saying is you've done it with someone else, but you've never tried it by yourself. A solo-act as it were.
:ph34r:

Best of luck though dude, doesn't matter if something stuffs up, i'm sure you'll end up with something fermentable and I'm sure you'll have learnt some lessons for next time. :)

Q

You'll be right mate. but as for that rule of no drinking until the grain is cracked...stick to it, otherwise it gets messy. I'll try and swing by for a bit of moral support on the day (read: I'll be by for a few beers...)

but as for that rule of no drinking until the grain is cracked...stick to it, otherwise it gets messy.

Butters spills hot wort all over Muckeys Chinese work-boots.....Muckey gets cranky at Butters.....Butters has to hastily re-work the hopping schedule, due to the loss....but Beersmith is all blurred for some reason.....Muckeys monitor must be on the fritz.....

:lol:

yes, it can get very messy.

Good luck CM2

I'll be following with great intrest. Im about to move from small stove top AG to a similar setup (your metal mate frame will have an almost identical brother!).

Be sure to sacrifice a few beers to the brewing gods..... after the boil is rolling ^_^

well tomorrows the big day. rig is ready (bar 1 fitting - trip to the big green shed tonight). havent run hot water through yet. hopefully will have some time tonight to trial that.

will spend tonight, milling grain, measuring hops, boiling rice and general prep. oh and cooking sausage rolls for brewing sustainance. and working out promash.

5 full kegs, 2 half kegs all ready for drinking whilse brewing. i think im set. will see what dramas the brew gods deem to throw at me.

as for the recipe ive decided to drop the 0min additon of nugget. other than that she's the same.

edit: just read what i have to do tonight. geez ive got a fair bit to do! might not get any drinking done tonight!

Good Luck tommorow Cm2.....

Im brewing my first dark beer tommorow, a Munich Dunkle. Youll be a head of me so maybe have a phone beer.

Katie

Good luck CM2... I am sure you will have it all under control and it will turn out to be a cracking beer.

Just remember to sit back and enjoy the process and try not to get too flustered if something starts to go wrong.

Cheers,

Brendo

Brendo's advice is good. As a noob BIAB brewer i have found that even with little mistakes or miscalculation, it still turns like beer. And pretty good beer to boot.

Good brewing

break what you can, spill everything thats spillable and drop everything from a great distance. you'll piss it in mate, you know what your doing, just christing your rig really innit.

You'll be right mate. but as for that rule of no drinking until the grain is cracked...stick to it, otherwise it gets messy. I'll try and swing by for a bit of moral support on the day (read: I'll be by for a few beers...)

Gees, and all this time I've been waiting for the first hop addition :lol:

Back