Clear up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wombil

Reaction score
Hey guys ,
I have an irish red,very cloudy and gunky.Tastes ok tho.
Would there be any sense de gassing the keg,adding gelatineand gassing up again.Would the yeast etc settle out overnight and could be drawn off before serving?
Brew would be at 2 deg C.

Bit more info. Ingredients, fermented for how long, fg, how long in keg, forced carbed or how carbonated. That fact it tastes ok is a good sign.

Gee ,that was quick.
Brew was a FWK from craftbrewer,fermented at 18 for 15 days and naturally carbed (50grammes sugar to the keg) 3weeks ago.Just got a rush party this weekend.
F.G.was 1010

All sounds good. With natural carbonation in a keg the first few brews tend to be very cloudy but should settle out after that. Unless it's really "ugly" in appearance I wouldn't bother at this stage for the weekend. After a few the drinkers won't know anyway.
Cheers and enjoy.

Thanks Grott, That's exactly what I'll do.
I will enjoy it anyway.
It's my 80 th birthday party BTW,not enough time to plan it.Will start earlier for the 90th one.
cheers.

Good one, have an excellent day and if anyone says anything about you brew tell to F.... Off and brew their own

Wot grott said wombil!

Raising a glass of Belgian Pale ATVM in honour of your 80th mate. :chug:

Hoppy Birthday.jpg

Hoppy Birthday.jpg

wombil said:
It's my 80 th birthday party BTW,not enough time to plan it.
Happy Birthday you FOC!!!!
Happy brewing too mate.

Happy octogeno - :beerbang: thingo - only seems like ten minutes since we were young devils at the Scratch Bar...

I too hope to be capable of brewing my own beer at 80! I reckon I'll be flat out raising a glass!

As suggested above, when priming in the keg the first few beers aren't an indication of the rest. If at 2deg it should settle out quickly, best to test a few before your guests arrive... :)

Thanks for the good wishes guys.
I made a great sacrifice and drank 4 or 5 pots just to clear it up .
All good now.

Many happy returns mate! You know that you are well and truly alive if you can brew and then sink 4 or 5 pots on your 80th.

Latest posts

Back