Christmas 2009 Lottery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fents... since I "stole" your number mate, do you want to send Mossyrocks a bottle on my behalf mate - would be only fair, since you had the losing number buddy :ph34r:

Email sent Mossy... you lucky lucky bugger :chug:

Cheers,

Brendo

sure why not i'll send 250ml's and you send 500ml's, only fair since you got in first and had your name under "our" number...can you ask him if he likes sour lacto cream ale? :ph34r:

Whats the easiest and cheapest way of sending beer in the mail??

CHeers

KHB

CHeers

KHB

Just do what i did and pour the tallie straight into the cardboard box!
Jee it was light, cost bugger all to send.... will need a strainer... :lol:

Seriously though, you could use a single wine cylinder or just any box thats a snug fit, wack some bubblewrap or foam pellets around it.
I have shipped booze Aus wide while dealing with evilbay, had no worries.

You can buy single wine bottle boxes at the post office...they are about $3.50. Postage from adelaide to qld for this cost me about $12....Approx $15 total.

You won't get it much cheaper than that I would assume.....because of the weight/size of the box.

CHeers

KHB

I fit 2 stubbies into a poastpak A5 BC size box (220x160x77) and had some corrugated packing cardboard laying about and wrapped the bottles in that and used a few small pieces as packing to stop the bottles moving, nice snug fit and I expect they will arrive safely. The box cost $1.55 and postage was $7.45. Originally I was just going to bubble wrap them and use a 3kg satchel, but the box works out a few cents cheaper and probably a far superior method.

Hey Mossy,

Don't be afraid to keep us updated to who's bottles you receive!!

If anyone can't deliver 2-3 months SURELY they cannot be allowed in the next lottery... etc...

Name and shame!!

2c.

Sent mine off yesterday. $3.50 for the winebox, and $10.90 for the postage.

Hey Mossy,

Don't be afraid to keep us updated to who's bottles you receive!!

If anyone can't deliver 2-3 months SURELY they cannot be allowed in the next lottery... etc...

Name and shame!!

2c.

Received a few yesterday... some people are quick. It's interesting as to the packaging some use. All arrived very well packaged and no chance of any breaking even if the postie decided to drop kick them across the lawn.

I'm keeping a list of what from who and when.

As they are drunk I'll try and keep a record of what I thought of each as well (I'll do my best but it could get ugly if I have a big day/night).

Cheers,

mossy

I'm in WA atm Mossy, will post it off when I get back home.
Drink the other 79 first !

Batz

Sent mine down yesterday Mossy, hope it arrives today.
Aussie Ale, hope you enjoy.

Merry Christmas
Andrew

Received a few yesterday... some people are quick. It's interesting as to the packaging some use. All arrived very well packaged and no chance of any breaking even if the postie decided to drop kick them across the lawn.

I'm keeping a list of what from who and when.

As they are drunk I'll try and keep a record of what I thought of each as well (I'll do my best but it could get ugly if I have a big day/night).

Cheers,

mossy

I'm a bit in between at the moment - I have very few bottles left but a fair bit fermenting/conditioning to be bottled.

I'd like to offer you a choice

Bottled, available and worth sending I have:

Landlord clone, brewed at a case swap by other brewers, fermented by me
Hefeweizen
Dubbel (2-3 months old)
Dubbel (lighter coloured, maybe one month old)

About to be bottled (so requires conditioning)

Robust Porter
Tripel
Noble hopped Golden ale
Noble hopped Amber ale with Centennial

Just brewed:

Cream/strong stout

Any preferences? I'd prefer to send something I've tasted to make sure there's no issues but that means waiting in some circumstances. Alternatively I can just replace anything if I realise later it does have issues.

I'm a bit in between at the moment - I have very few bottles left but a fair bit fermenting/conditioning to be bottled.

I'd like to offer you a choice

Bottled, available and worth sending I have:

Landlord clone, brewed at a case swap by other brewers, fermented by me
Hefeweizen
Dubbel (2-3 months old)
Dubbel (lighter coloured, maybe one month old)

About to be bottled (so requires conditioning)

Robust Porter
Tripel
Noble hopped Golden ale
Noble hopped Amber ale with Centennial

Just brewed:

Cream/strong stout

Any preferences? I'd prefer to send something I've tasted to make sure there's no issues but that means waiting in some circumstances. Alternatively I can just replace anything if I realise later it does have issues.

Mate, the 2 - 3 month old Bubbel sounds the go.

Many thanks,

mossy

Latest posts

Back