Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's per litre of goat's milk. Actual goat is 68c per kilo for fatty meat and 79C for lean.

From the Bulk Buy thread:

Its looking solid a refind will be coming. anywhere from $4.00 a kilo to $1.00 a kilo, BUT that will depend on overall costs still in the pipeline, (like getting the hops from the wharf to the delivery centre for sorting.

Like I said somewhere else. Im happy for you to keep the refund if you buy the packers/helpers a beer or two and a sausage sanger or two!
Cheers
Steve

Agreed, the packers should be given creature comforts for their efforts on the day. BBQ, Beer, possibly reimbursement of petrol money / public transport costs if it comes down to it. All of these things should take preference over a refund, though I guess this should go to a vote.

Agreed, the packers should be given creature comforts for their efforts on the day. BBQ, Beer, possibly reimbursement of petrol money / public transport costs if it comes down to it. All of these things should take preference over a refund, though I guess this should go to a vote.

+1

@ 100 participants there will be between $100 & $400. Subtract a couple of cases + snags/steak/salad/bread + fares/petrol + baggies for the hops & there won't be much left

+1

@ 100 participants there will be between $100 & $400. Subtract a couple of cases + snags/steak/salad/bread + fares/petrol + baggies for the hops & there won't be much left

maybe 100 participants but wasn't it close to 400kg of hops. that makes it $400 to $1600

maybe 100 participants but wasn't it close to 400kg of hops. that makes it $400 to $1600

Exactly. $1500 buys you a lot of beer and sausages. I say leave it to Graham to make the right decision. I'm sure he has ideas of what is reasonable to provide to the volunteers and then he will refund the excess as was planned from the beginning.

Perhaps the purchase of a vacuum sealer and bags. But that would probably make a big job even bigger.

From the Bulk Buy thread:

Like I said somewhere else. Im happy for you to keep the refund if you buy the packers/helpers a beer or two and a sausage sanger or two!
Cheers
Steve

+1

These hops are still cheap as.

Link it up with a brew day straight after! :icon_cheers:

People in Brisbane & surrounds willing to help, packaging and drinkies - Bethania

zzzzzzz - private
Mattese
BribieG - I work Afternoon shifts weekends but free most weekdays ,and able to put in about 3 hours labour on a weekend morning.
Davewaldo
Marlow_coates -can help if hops arrive after Nov 15th, if not then beers for those helping
TidalPete - Avaible any day. Coming from the Coast. Will need a lift from & back to Bethania Railway Station.
Bradsbrew
Stillscottish - depends on my shift but work mornings or arvos, sometimes days off midweek. Kluger available for transport if required.
Winkle - car is useless though
Just RE-updating my availability to help out.
Marlow
Altstart will bring beer
Batz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found another helper.

TP

100 participants?
13 helpers if we're lucky?
That's over 29 Kg hops to split & pack per person IF we can all manage to turn up full time?
A few more volunteers wouldn't go astray.
The longer it takes to split & pack, the more the pellets degrade in the QLD heat & during delivery.

TP

That's per litre of goat's milk. Actual goat is 68c per kilo for fatty meat and 79C for lean.

Where are you going to get goats milk for $1.22 a litre?
Saw it 30 mins. ago @ IGA for $4.29 per litre.

stagga.

I have nothing to say but I did not want to be the only one on the forum not to post on this, or similar, threads. :icon_cheers:

100 participants?
13 helpers if we're lucky?
That's over 29 Kg hops to split & pack per person IF we can all manage to turn up full time?
A few more volunteers wouldn't go astray.
The longer it takes to split & pack, the more the pellets degrade in the QLD heat & during delivery.

TP
I may be able to help but won't know until a date and time is punched in

I may be able to help but won't know until a date and time is punched in
Kram I think that goes for a lot of us, it's assumed that weekends are the best, but this is 2009 and not everyone works Monday to Friday.

Whilst packing, Tidal Pete and I would like a 2 hour backrub from Aussie-Chiropractor-Mobile.

I'm sure Graham will work out whats best with any refund, I'm also sure most people wouldn't be too concerned about their $1-4 going towards bbq/brews/whatever for the packing crew. Maybe spend it on goats??? :D

How many goats can I fit in a 3kg express post satchel? :p

Latest posts

Back