Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well if your going to raise that old turd of an issue (yes pun)

China Population: 1,330,044,544 (July 2008 est.)
so at 0.7kg of poo per pay per person = 255.5kg per year, say avg lifespan in China is 65 thats 16607.5kg a life time.
16607.5 x 1,330,044,544 = enough fertilizer for hops.

There was a show on tv a few months back about the sewage treatment problems different countries are facing. In China they really push Bio-tanks (I think that's what they called them), they encourage rural people to install them in their homes and the poo from the family can give them a constant supply of gas for cooking etc. Apparently most of the women in these areas will only look for a husband that can provide her with one so she doen't have to spend half her day scouring the countryside for wood :lol: .

The worst topic on the program was a scientist from Japan I think it was, who because there is so much undigested protein in human feces has produced a method to extract it and make edible HAMBURGER PATTIES from it!!!!!!!!! :( . The good thing about this, is as I'm an old fart I probably wont live long enough to see this idea on the menu. At least we wont have to have imported chinese hamburger patties lab tested for crap content as they'll be cooking and heating with it :lol: :lol: .

since this is so far off topic.
using poo as fuel is old as its comes. people in africa etc still use cow dung etc as fuel.
dung burgers huh? i thought thats what mcdonalds served?

Look guys stop it .................you're all talking shit :p

Cheers

Paul

The worst topic on the program was a scientist from Japan I think it was, who because there is so much undigested protein in human feces has produced a method to extract it and make edible HAMBURGER PATTIES from it!!!!!!!!!

Soylent Browns?

(They're Poople. POOOOOPLE!!!)

well if your going to raise that old turd of an issue (yes pun)

China Population: 1,330,044,544 (July 2008 est.)
so at 0.7kg of poo per pay per person = 255.5kg per year, say avg lifespan in China is 65 thats 16607.5kg a life time.
16607.5 x 1,330,044,544 = enough fertilizer for hops.

cm2, that is quite brilliant how you figured that out, but how did you arrive at the average Chinese turd weighing 700 grams?
Because if you`re wrong, the whole calculation is out the window :(

stagga.

cm2, that is quite brilliant how you figured that out, but how did you arrive at the average Chinese turd weighing 700 grams?
Because if you`re wrong, the whole calculation is out the window :(

stagga.
dont you mean the calc is up the shit? lol
i googled avg turd weight then decreased it by about 100-200g to allow for thess fatty foods they eat. figured that would make sense. but if we say that im 200g out....
.2 x 365, x 65 yrs = 4745kg, x population = a lot of poo. hmm i still recon there's enough crap with out them being up shit creek with a mash paddle.

dont you mean the calc is up the shit? lol
i googled avg turd weight then decreased it by about 100-200g to allow for thess fatty foods they eat. figured that would make sense. but if we say that im 200g out....
.2 x 365, x 65 yrs = 4745kg, x population = a lot of poo. hmm i still recon there's enough crap with out them being up shit creek with a mash paddle.

thats seriously fooking hilarious.....cant believe you googled average turd weight then knocked off a few hundreds grams due to their diet! :lol:

thats seriously fooking hilarious.....cant believe you googled average turd weight then knocked off a few hundreds grams due to their diet! :lol:

and at work and paid 4 doing it :lol:
cm2, get on to Canberra re. a job in Treasury.
You`ll be a walk up start.

stagga.

cm2, get on to Canberra re. a job in Treasury.

stagga.
then id have all you buggers harrassing me about when im going to release a brewery stimulis package :lol:
speaking of canberra...see Krudd's latest comments about the new boat asylum seekers. 'too bad, so sad, bugger off'. he chastised Howard for his attitude and handling and then goes and does the same. obviously the shine has worn being PM.

the new ellerslie hop newsletter makes very interesting reading :icon_chickcheers:

great to see someone in the industry keeping us upto date with some factual info :icon_cheers:

the new ellerslie hop newsletter makes very interesting reading :icon_chickcheers:

great to see someone in the industry keeping us upto date with some factual info :icon_cheers:

Considering they are out of date already on Chinese hops supplies , you have to wonder whio is telling the truth.

The Chinese dont have a labour shortage, they dont have a case for leaving hops on the vine.

They are flat out supplying world demand. Who is saying these untruths who have to wonder.

Thank god i am in the hot seat to get these hops

Craftbrewer

I'm suprised they didn't post this stuff before the closing date for the bulk buy; but as most letters they have generalised and have not mentioned a direct body..

maybe we should continue to pay their AHB pricing??

Back