Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pollux: in saying that, perhaps just send him a PM or email if you need to get off the list now, otherwise, once you don't confirm your order, you would be removed anyway. That's my understanding anyway.

You sumed it nicely. We have a list, and were not changing it. People are wanting to be off then on, then off. So at present no need to e-mail me.

Its just a starting list of names. If you dont repsond when its published, your dropped and others move in. Other wise I will go spare with all the indecision.

Craftbrewer

UPDATE

Things are going well for Monday 5 October launch. We are testing everything so it works.

So what happens monday. The key to this buy is the "mythical List" The list should give you all the feedback you need, and reduce needless e-mails to me on "how is my order going"

Y= yes all ok
N= didn't respond so your out
W= waiting for you to respond

the list would look something like this, (when I sort out how I post it) then on the BB forum, updated daily. The idea is you have constant feedback and saves me answering a ton of "what is happening with my order" questions

Who-------------------/ Invitation to Order/ Posted Email order/ Received Payment Received

1 townsville -----------------------y------------------- y----------------------------------- y
2 xxxxx ----------------------------y -------------------w ----------------------------------w
3 yyyyy -----------------------------y ------------------y ----------------------------------w
4 zzzzz -----------------------------y ------------------n----------------------------------- n
5 aaaaa -----------------------------w -----------------w -----------------------------------w

so in this example
1townsville is fully ready to go, paid up and waiting
2xxxxx has e-mailed me with their order, BUT I haven't told then how to pay yet as I haven't processed their request
3yyyyy has been e-mailed their order, I have checked it, and contacted him with bank details BUT they haven't paid yet
4zzzzz was contacted with bank details, BUT not paid in time, so has been dropped from the ordering process
5aaaaa has been added to the list, but has made no contact at all at this stage

To get on the list, all you will have to do FROM MONDAY is simply state on the Bulk Buy forum you want to be added. NOTHING ELSE. It will flow from there.

So the procedure will be
1. If your name is not already on the list, you ask to be put on in the BULK BUY FORUM - If you want to be private you will contact me [email protected] asking to kept secret.

2. When your name appears on the list, with n,n.n against it - YOU HAVE TWO DAYS TO CONTACT ME with your order [email protected] .
details to send
Name:
Name for list (Handle):
Order:
Cost:
Return Email:
Delivery Address:

3. When I get the order the list will change to y,n,n

4. I will send you Bank deposit details shortly. When you get those - YOU HAVE THREE DAYS TO PAY, with list changed to y,y,n

5. When you pay and I have checked the list will change to y,y,y

You should only contact me if you do something and it doesn't relflect on the list in a couple of days. This is your feedback your order is being processed

IMPORTANT NOTE
there will be a new e-mail addess to place orders etc. This is to ensure that only orders are there, and dont get lost with my other e-mails. This address is soley for the order

[email protected]

Any questions and more importantly, is it clear.

Craftbrewer

Just thought I'd point out that I think editing posts has a time limit on it of a couple hours or something, so updating lists might be a pita. I guess you could post a new list for each update. Another idea is to set up a non-editable-by-anyone-else google spreadsheet, and although googledocs has issues with people without google accounts (Even if its set to public) I'm pretty sure the 'published' html versions are ok. Like this

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=t5U...amp;output=html

Just thought I'd point out that I think editing posts has a time limit on it of a couple hours or something, so updating lists might be a pita. I guess you could post a new list for each update. Another idea is to set up a non-editable-by-anyone-else google spreadsheet, and although googledocs has issues with people without google accounts (Even if its set to public) I'm pretty sure the 'published' html versions are ok. Like this

Thanks for that, BUT well ahead of you. I dont personally like a link to another site to check. Experience tells me that we should keep it all together.

So I will be keeping the list in the Bulk Buy section. I contacted the mods over the weekend on exactly your concern, wanting the ability to have a pinned list that only I could edit. It may or may not be possibile, dont know yet.

Best case
A pinned list at the start that I update daily.

Worst case
A new list appears each day.

are we happy with the concept of this list and procedures.

Craftbrewer

Column for 'dispatched'?

Thanks for the idea mate. I personally dont see a need for it, when the ordering is over and done, there will be no action for a month while we wait for the hops.

When we are ready to distribute, then a dispatch list can be drawn up.

Craftbrewer

Important Update

We have tested the system, the banking etc and it all works.

Bigger news the last hurdle has been also overcome. Thats to your efforts we have saved on the licence fees. Yes we now dont need one. We are ready to go. We are clear accross the board, AQIS, Customs, shipping, supply and delivery

The costs of the hops remains the same, to give us now a very nice buffer for the unexpected. As stated a refund will come if we are excess, and with three of us watching finances, no-one is going to pocket the difference.

PLEASE READ THE CONDITIONS IN THE BULK BUY THREAD.

1. New orders will start Monday.

2. existing people already on the list ----------

Well you may be in for a surprise sooner than you think.

And I will be erasing all former correspondance I have had with anyone, re orders or intent of orders. This starts clean with the new e-mail address

Craftbrewer
[email protected]

NOTE NEW E_MAIL ADDRESS

I'm certainly looking forward to this going ahead- it's a big job, Graham! You and all those helping out certainly deserve kudos.

Due to boredom I decided to search the web on Elimnatural. Their website has been up since Feb this year. The hop information comes from Hopunion with some slight editing to apply to the T-90 pellets. Hop Union

Xinjiang Baorun Agriculture Development Co., Ltd. have the same hop images, for aroma, bitter and extract. But at a higher res. They have a couple of listings on trading sites but no domain to themselves. Elim show up on trading sites also

This is Zhongxing Road, Ningbo, China according to a street search on Google Maps which is where Elim Natural are located according to their website.

This is where google maps has Ningbo Elim Natural located which looks slightly greener :)

Elimnatural is also a registered user since Aug 20th at the Northernbrewer forum with zero posts

Haven't come across any feedback on them

People in Brisbane willing to help, packaging and drinkies - Bethania

zzzzzzz - private
Mattese
BribieG - I work Afternoon shifts weekends but free most weekdays ,and able to put in about 3 hours labour on a weekend morning.
Davewaldo
Marlow_coats
TidalPete
Bradsbrew
Stillscottish - depends on my shift but work mornings or arvos, sometimes days off midweek. Kluger available for transport if required.
Winkle - car is useless though

Have taken myself off the list.

zzzzzzz - private
Mattese
BribieG - I work Afternoon shifts weekends but free most weekdays ,and able to put in about 3 hours labour on a weekend morning.
Davewaldo
Marlow_coats
TidalPete
Bradsbrew
Stillscottish - depends on my shift but work mornings or arvos, sometimes days off midweek. Kluger available for transport if required.

Have taken myself off the list.

A quick reinder to Brisbane people. If anyone can help with packing, that allows us to order larger quanities. The benefits you get will be

1. No postage charges. You pick up dirrectly
2. You get your hops first. There will ne no local pickup. The poor person doing the work doesn't need people turning up at all hours
wanting their hops.
3. You get a treat for helping. We will sort that later, BUT drinks and food of some sort
4. Bring your beers for a beer swap.

Craftbrewer

Due to boredom I decided to search the web on Elimnatural. Their website has been up since Feb this year. The hop information comes from Hopunion with some slight editing to apply to the T-90 pellets. Hop Union

Xinjiang Baorun Agriculture Development Co., Ltd. have the same hop images, for aroma, bitter and extract. But at a higher res. They have a couple of listings on trading sites but no domain to themselves. Elim show up on trading sites also

This is Zhongxing Road, Ningbo, China according to a street search on Google Maps which is where Elim Natural are located according to their website.

This is where google maps has Ningbo Elim Natural located which looks slightly greener :)

Elimnatural is also a registered user since Aug 20th at the Northernbrewer forum with zero posts

Great work

The image of the road had me worried for a very short time, the placement was between houses and a race track. BUT then you realise the road itself is a lot larger, and there are business addresses further up and down.

They seem legit (note the word seems). They are about, got business development sites promoting themselves. And hops are grown where they say. Its looks to m they are trying to get into the export market for the long haul. If it was a scam, its a lot of work for a very small return product.

being the optumist, I take the information as "looking good"

Graham

zzzzzzz - private
Mattese
Davewaldo
Marlow_coates -can help if hops arrive after Nov 15th, if not then beers for those helping
TidalPete
Bradsbrew

Just RE-updating my availability to help out.

Marlow

Dont you love it when the English translation doesn't quite hit the mark

Quote "We had been approved by National Greed Food Center"

And some are big companies - minimum order 5 metric tons

Craftbrewer

just for the curious as I was asked privately

The google map references given are for the company address, based on the coast near Shanghai. The green image in particluar is NOT hops, propbably rice.

The hops are actually grown in the Xingjiang area, thats right up in far North West of the country, where its green and clean.

Its like BHP. They have mines in Western Australia, BUt the company Office is in Sydney.

Shout
Craftbrewer

Holy crap I came to this thread a tad late.

So umm, I want hops at cheap prices and I don't care about my health or ethics. How do I achieve this???

I s'pose it's a little too much to expect a Google Street View in China? ;)

Cheers SJ

Latest posts

Back