Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap I came to this thread a tad late.

So umm, I want hops at cheap prices and I don't care about my health or ethics. How do I achieve this???

For people wanting to get it

Monday 5 October

BULK BUY Section

Shout
Craftbrewer

Holy crap I came to this thread a tad late.

So umm, I want hops at cheap prices and I don't care about my health or ethics. How do I achieve this???

Check in Next Monday where the existing list will be expected to honour their orders and pay for them. At the same time a reserve list will be assembled for late punters like yourself Mark and if people drop out of the original list, then the reservists will take their place. Also AFAIK if the eventual order gets big enough they'll need extra buyers to click the order up to the next sack. Just like the grain bulk buys.

No worries, I'll probably want 1kg of each saaz / cascade. I'll add my name to the list on Monday!

People in Brisbane willing to help, packaging and drinkies - Bethania

zzzzzzz - private
Mattese
BribieG - I work Afternoon shifts weekends but free most weekdays ,and able to put in about 3 hours labour on a weekend morning.
Davewaldo
Marlow_coates -can help if hops arrive after Nov 15th, if not then beers for those helping
TidalPete
Bradsbrew
Stillscottish - depends on my shift but work mornings or arvos, sometimes days off midweek. Kluger available for transport if required.
Winkle - car is useless though
Just RE-updating my availability to help out.
Marlow
Altstart will bring beer

People in Brisbane willing to help, packaging and drinkies - Bethania

zzzzzzz - private
Mattese
BribieG - I work Afternoon shifts weekends but free most weekdays ,and able to put in about 3 hours labour on a weekend morning.
Davewaldo
Marlow_coates -can help if hops arrive after Nov 15th, if not then beers for those helping
TidalPete - Avaible any day. Will need a lift from & back to Bethania Railway Station.
Bradsbrew
Stillscottish - depends on my shift but work mornings or arvos, sometimes days off midweek. Kluger available for transport if required.
Marlow
Altstart will bring beer

Updating my details.

TP

Just a reminder that NEW ORDERS for the Great Chinese Hop buy 2009 will only be available from Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2009.

Look up the Bulk Buy section to read Terms and Conditions.

If your interested look up the Bulk Buy Section on Monday

Graham Sanders
Craftbrewer

People in Brisbane & surrounds willing to help, packaging and drinkies - Bethania

zzzzzzz - private
Mattese
Davewaldo
TidalPete - Avaible any day. Will need a lift from & back to Bethania Railway Station.
Bradsbrew
Marlow
Altstart will bring beer
Batz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found another helper.

TP

Theyre doing cascade now?? :unsure:

Hmmm, be interesting to see if its closer to the US or NZ variety, or if its yet again a completely different hop :rolleyes:

Well the next radio program, out tommorrow, I give both sides their air time as the rants continue about The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009, and whether its a good thing or not.

Both sides get a good airing

Craftbrewer
Graham Sanders
http://radio.craftbrewer.org

And a reminder,

orders open for The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009 from this Monday til Friday only.

Its a strict first in best dressed policy. Those who leave their ordering or payments til late may miss out. We already have 200kg of hops already confirmed and paid for, so regardless what others say, THIS ORDER IS GOING THRU.

Remember From Monday til Friday only.

Its in the Bulk Buy Section

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...showtopic=37472

Craftbrewer

People in Brisbane & surrounds willing to help, packaging and drinkies - Bethania

zzzzzzz - private
Mattese
Davewaldo
Bradsbrew
Altstart will bring beer
Batz

My name appearred twice, along with my comment regarding updating my status (if you copy and add to this please don't include this line :D )

Graham says

"The orders are in 20 kg lots, so if an order is not up to the 20 kg mark, it will NOT be ordered. ie If we have a total of 65kg of Saaz hop for instance, we will be ordering only 60 kg. What will happen is the last

people to place and pay for their order (that 5 kg) will MISS OUT if thats the case (and naturally get their money back)."

Hmmm,

That means anything up to the last 19 people on the list for any one hop my miss out . Wouldnt it be easier to just count the hop orders and cut it off at 20 paid for? AT least then there would be no sending off money and having to re-inburse all those people!

breaky

Graham says

"The orders are in 20 kg lots, so if an order is not up to the 20 kg mark, it will NOT be ordered. ie If we have a total of 65kg of Saaz hop for instance, we will be ordering only 60 kg. What will happen is the last

people to place and pay for their order (that 5 kg) will MISS OUT if thats the case (and naturally get their money back)."

Hmmm,

That means anything up to the last 19 people on the list for any one hop my miss out . Wouldnt it be easier to just count the hop orders and cut it off at 20 paid for? AT least then there would be no sending off money and having to re-inburse all those people!

breaky
I think townsville is trying to accomodate that, given he mentioned the Nugget cut-off. I'm sure there is a process set up to minimise the funds transferring, but I'll leave that to the ones in the know.

Assuming the process doesn't change from the order I placed:

1. Register interest to order
2. Get invited to order
3. Place order
4. Order is accepted and invitation to pay
5. Pay

So you see that between steps 3 and 4, the Committee will be able to say "sorry, we are no longer accepting orders for hop x"

edit: spilleng

2. Get invited to order
3. Place order
5. Pay

So you see that between steps 3 and 4, the Committee will be able to say "sorry, we are no longer accepting orders for hop x"

yes, I agree that would make sense, but thats exactly my point - thats NOT what he said- "What will happen is the last

people to place and pay for their order (that 5 kg) will MISS OUT if thats the case(and naturally get their money back)."

Note he says 'they will get their money back'. Iwas just pointing that there is an easier way

breaky

2. Get invited to order
3. Place order
5. Pay

Isnt it GREAT that there are people who actually see the logic in what we are doing

Restores my faith in the brewing community

Craftbrewer

And now to wait for the sit to hit the ceiling

Yes the next Radio show is up, Lots of talk on the Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009, where I do give both sides their chance to say why they hate it, or love it. If your really sick you can listen to last two where I had my personal rant on the buy.

You decide who is right

Craftbrewer

Graham Sanders
radio show ; http://radio.craftbrewer.org

Latest posts

Back