Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fourstar! Mate I'm already on Marco Polo, I want to know what these are like as well and am willing to put my money where the mouth is ;) Wish more of us would be ballsy to brew outside the style guide.
Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Completly agree. Too many naysayers in their foxholes scared of this new fangled Chinese hop Marco Polo! The funny thing is, i bet these Saaz and Cascade everyone is buying up on (including myself) taste nothing like their big brother. (Much like NZ Cascade or Southern/Pacific Hallertau)! People fear change/something new, unless its coming from their backyard (Galaxy) or something tried and true, (Amarillo) in JSGA. People are not willing to shell out PENNIES for a gamble on a Kg of possibly decent hops.

End rant. Time for another TTL :beerbang:

god im getting sick about reading about this frickin hop buy...

When will it end??

As an alternative it is on iTunes as well so if you have that you can search in the podcast section to find it. Towny needs to work on the mp3 tags I believe as most podcast titles come up labeled Unknown for some reason but that's a minor thing as it still plays.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

What is the go with the Craftbrewer radio session links, when I click on them nothing happens, or if I try to save as, it will only save as a html link, is there a problem with the site or am I doing something wrong?

cheers

Browndog

To listen to the longest running, beer radio program in thw world

http://radio.craftbrewer.org

Craftbrewer

Want to know the REAL SCARY THING
I might do this again depending on demand
Craftbrewer

If the product is tip top, im sure you will have PLENTY of repeat buyers! (Including some of the naysayers i'd say!)

"I dug another hole...but it filled up with whingers."

Completly agree. Too many naysayers in their foxholes scared of this new fangled Chinese hop Marco Polo!

I'd be in but I have nowhere to store a kg of hops.

If you need an extra kg just to get a hold of them but could store some for me I don't mind throwing in if it gets you closer to the target.

I don't have a mill or a march pump so I never click on the Grain Bulk buy threads or the recent March pump thread. That way it's just another line of text at the top of the page in the "Latest threads" window and I don't need to waste my time reading stuff that I'm not going to participate in anyway.

Brilliant work Scruffy. That article is exciting reading, these jokers are really on the ball. Interesting that their technology and advisors come from Eastern Europe e.g. Czech republic. Also I note that as their systems improve they are aiming to change their current crop of 90% bittering to 10% aromatic, and achieve 70% bittering to 30% aromatic.

So the speculation that 'they are only in it for the alpha' doesn't hold water.

Also I see that the crop is tended by strapping healthy Uighur mommas :) Now I'm getting excited for the arrival :party:

Want to know the REAL SCARY THING

I might do this again depending on demand

Craftbrewer

why don't you start up a business if this hop things so successfull, and have a link to your site from this board so if people want to order hops they can do so. It would save you having to use the board!!!

sp.

why don't you start up a business if this hop things so successfull, and have a link to your site from this board so if people want to order hops they can do so. It would save you having to use the board!!!

sp.

I have my doubts it would be a viable business, moreso a hobby at these costs. If Townsville began inporting them and jacking up the cost for profit by selling on here, it probabaly wouldn't be worth his time as another one of us on here would just end up organising another bulk buy from the manufacturer anyway. A dog eat dog world.

Back