Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ragman,

Please don't confuse us!!! :ph34r:

But in answer to your question, yes the CraftBrewer Store will have these hops for sale as soon as they arrive.
Fingers crossed it goes through smoothly & the end product is of merchantable quality.

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Nice.

What was your order? I would like a small order of the Marco Polo when you get it. I'm assuming you're break down into smaller amounts?

bit hard when townsville apparently invented the term "craftbrewer" lol :lol:

Whether he invented it or not, its certainly the case that he had it before the HBS of the same name did... ;)

Nice.

What was your order? I would like a small order of the Marco Polo when you get it. I'm assuming you're break down into smaller amounts?

Hi Mark,

We'll have plenty of Marco - Cascade - Saaz. Will be available in our standard size packs, at hopefully a very attractive price, once final purchase price is confirmed - If popular we'll bring in direct (or next bulk buy), but have a feeling with the market flooded, there won't be too much call for it, for quite a while.

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Cheers Ross,

If other people are like me they may have found 1kg quite a big amount so only got a couple of varieties. I got Saaz and Cascade but 1kg of Marco Polo was just too much, but 90 grams at a reasonable price (say $4 or under) would be good.

Mark, I would think there will be plenty of people around who would be happy to give you a sample of the hops out of their allocations, most likely at or below the price paid in the bulk buy. There will be plenty of the stuff kicking around!

Cheers Ross,

If other people are like me they may have found 1kg quite a big amount so only got a couple of varieties. I got Saaz and Cascade but 1kg of Marco Polo was just too much, but 90 grams at a reasonable price (say $4 or under) would be good.

This is the reason that I dropped out myself......

But provided people get good results, I'll be tempted to purchase some 90gram packs of Marco Polo and try it out.

Ragman, Craftbrewer is the name coined by the Guru Of Arid Tropics (GOAT for short), Graham Sanders. He has an invisible patent on the name whereas Craftbrewer (the online store) is run by one of the AHB members Ross Kenrick. He has a patent on probably everything home-brewing wise in Australia :lol: .

C&B
TDA

This could be easily settled. A slight name-change and a straw poll. Who wants to be Craftybrewer? Then we could all get some sleep. :rolleyes:

What's in a name? I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about.

Warren -

This could be easily settled. A slight name-change and a straw poll. Who wants to be Craftybrewer? Then we could all get some sleep. :rolleyes:

What's in a name? I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about.

Warren -

Hey warren, the funny thing is I don't think either Ross or Graham give a rats, it's just other people do for some bizarre reason.

Andrew

Its great to see there are some insightful people out there

Craftbrewer

Edit

BY the bloody way, what knob has my title Craftbrewer as their handle, that has forced me to use the whimpy Townsville

:icon_offtopic:
The Institute for Brewing Studies, of Boulder, CO, has created a definition for the term "craft brewer" but the organization stresses that it will use the new definition only for statistical purposes and not for the purposes of rigid appellation. "While we are surveying brewers to determine whether they fit within the parameters of the definition," IBS director David Edgar wrote in an industry missive, "we will not devote our time or resources to 'policing' in any way the use of the word 'craft' or to investigate brewers' alleged deviations from the definition.

"While ...

:icon_cheers:

Hey warren, the funny thing is I don't think either Ross or Graham give a rats, it's just other people do for some bizarre reason.

Andrew

You are dead right Andrew. Graham & myself are friends & there is never been any animosity between us. He even regularly plugs my store on his show.
That's why I just ignore the baited comments that certain individuals can't resist posting :p

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer...1, 2 or 100... :beer:

holy sheeeet,
that's 50 pages of my internet life I'll never get back.............

Its great to see there are some insightful people out there

Craftbrewer

Edit

BY the bloody way, what knob has my title Craftbrewer as their handle, that has forced me to use the whimpy Townsville

IIRC CraftBrewer the ahb member only joined up a few weeks ago, made a try for the username and found to his surprise that it was not yet allocated. He's obviously born in the wrong era, a guy like that could have made a fortune from domain squatting :rolleyes:

IIRC CraftBrewer the ahb member only joined up a few weeks ago, made a try for the username and found to his surprise that it was not yet allocated. He's obviously born in the wrong era, a guy like that could have made a fortune from domain squatting :rolleyes:

Just a wild guess I guess? :blink: but perhaps he's the Chinee English-speaking undercover operative monitoring this forum's hop bulk buy & reporting back to the good comrades of the Central Committee who then select those designated for elimination? LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS. :lol:

TP

Anyway, what sort of postage are people thinking of using for their hops? I'm ordering 3kg and am wondering what size postpak/box would be fine to hold it all.

Latest posts

Back