Bulk Buy: High Pressure Lpg Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your car Eric.

I've been told that an HP Regulator will make a difference on my three ring burner. I fully expect that it will :)

Like yourself, I'm currently using a normal, 2.5KG/hr, BBQ regulator which takes about 60mins to bring 30L of tap water to the boil.

Yeah, Lock me in Phrak

I have a 3.5kg/hr reg on my 4 ring at the mo, it does much better than the 2.5kg/hr from my BBQ. Domonsura's tests have sealed that one though.

Hey have you tried putting a kettle behind your F111 during a dump and Burn? I bet that would boil quick :D

..Or are you engaged in some sort of Avatar fraud? :angry:

Definites:
Phrak, Sydney + 1 Hose
v8r, Mudgee
Fents, Watsonia, Vic. +1 Hose
The Expanding Man, Perth + 1 Hose
Phonos, Sydney + 1 Hose
Linz, Macarthur
PoMo, Illawarra (can p/u Syd CBD) +1 hose
floppinab, Sydney (hose too pls)
Gulpa, Sydney (interested in hose as well)
Forkboy, Sydney (inc hose plz)
Recharge(Perth)
Busboy, Sydney (hose too pls)
Fhgwgads, Sydney + 1 Hose

Interests:
BYB, Depending on price.
AndrewL, depending on price

1.5m for the hose would suit me as well,and I'll have two.

Batz

Yeah, Lock me in Phrak

I have a 3.5kg/hr reg on my 4 ring at the mo, it does much better than the 2.5kg/hr from my BBQ. Demonsturas tests have sealed that one though.

Hey have you tried putting a kettle behind your F111 during a dump and Burn? I bet that would boil quick :D

..Or are you engaged in some sort of Avatar fraud? :angry:

Definites:
Phrak, Sydney + 1 Hose
v8r, Mudgee
Phonos, Sydney + 1 Hose
Linz, Macarthur
Recharge(Perth)
Batz Qld. 2xHoses

Interests:
BYB, Depending on price.

Howdy chaps,
Just to further confirm that the reg has a 1/4 inch BSP socket on it's output. I am very happy with it's performance. The adjustment screw is easily accessible with a tee type handle. As I am running a 4 ring (mostly only using three) I am just using an old LP hose. That said if it isn't too much pain I would love to add my name for a 1.5m hose only (no stress if you want to keep it simple).
Cheers
Doug
PS Here is a picture of the item in question :)
Picture_1.png

Cheers for that Doug :beer: Very good of your to confirm our suspicions :)

Just a 1.5m braided hose is not a problem at all.

Fhgwgads, will have to try and convince the RAAF to let me tow my kettle behind 'The Pig' next time I brew ;-)

Definites:
Phrak, Sydney + 1 Hose
v8r, Mudgee
Phonos, Sydney + 1 Hose
Linz, Macarthur
Recharge(Perth)
Batz Qld. + 2 Hoses only (no Reg.)

Interests:
BYB, Depending on price.

Hose Ony:
Doogiechap - 1

Tim,
do you know how much the hose will be? I might get one if it's a reasonable price.
Cheers
Eric

Nah sorry mate, no idea yet. Still waiting on some prices.

See hose addition for me thanks

Definites:
Phrak, Sydney + 1 Hose
v8r, Mudgee +1 Hose
Phonos, Sydney + 1 Hose
Linz, Macarthur
Recharge(Perth)
Interests:
BYB, Depending on price.

Hose Ony:
Doogiechap - 1

Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of updates here. I've been pretty busy (and a bit slack!) for the last couple of weeks, but I'm def. keen to run with this BB.

I've approached a few other manufacturers for adjustable HP regs and braided hoses, but I'm having trouble getting a reply out of anyone! The ebay guy was helpful enough, so I'll ask him about hoses.

Cheers all :beer:
Tim

After using my shit LP reg yesterday, count me in

Definites:
Phrak, Sydney + 1 Hose
v8r, Mudgee +1 Hose
Phonos, Sydney + 1 Hose
Linz, Macarthur
Recharge(Perth)
therook, Melbourne (interested in hose as well)

Interests:
BYB, Depending on price.

Hose Ony:
Doogiechap - 1

I am definitely interested, depending on price at the moment. I am using a 3 ring burner with yer average bbq reg, it will boil up to 60L with the lid half on, but takes its sweet time getting there! An improvement in time would certainly help.

Definites:
Phrak, Sydney + 1 Hose
v8r, Mudgee +1 Hose
Phonos, Sydney + 1 Hose
Linz, Macarthur
Recharge(Perth)
therook, Melbourne (interested in hose as well)

Interests:
BYB, Depending on price.
Trent, Depending on price.

Hose Ony:
Doogiechap - 1

I got an Adjustable reg from a local camping shop for a 3 ring for $28. Works a treat :D

If anyone wants details I will dig them out from my work email tomorrow.

Don't go for the HP on a 3 ring.

Thanks for the input Deaves, but we're looking at adjustable, HP regs for this BB. I assume that the adjustable reg you bought from the camping shop was a low pressure reg, up to 2kg per hour?

I'm also interested in your thoughts on why not a HP reg on a 3 ring. Penny for your thoughts? :)

Seen this topic?
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry198443

That'd be cool, Deaves
I would hate to get in on this bulk buy that Phrak has so generously organised, and find out that the HP reg is a bit much for my 3 ring burner. The price sounds right, and if it reduces boil time, thats all I can really ask for. I dont plan on going to the NASA burner any time soon, so will weigh up the options.
I love the way there are so many ways to skin a cat, and everyone shares their way with the rest of us. Not a bad mob, brewers.
All the best
Trent

Cool, thanks Deaves. Be interested in your reg's details :)

Trent, I'm also using a 3 ring burner. The plan was to crank the adjustable HP reg up to whichever level was appropriate for my burner. I never planned on using the whole 8kg/hour capacity :blink: :wacko:

I've currently got a 2.5kg/hour BBQ regulator that can get a flame similar (without the noise?) to Demonsura's with his adjustable 2kg/hour reg.
Here's Demonsura's:
3-ring-adj-best-setting.gif

Mine takes 45mins to bring 30L up to Mash temp in a 50L SS kettle (BIAB).

I am still going to buy an adjustable HP reg for myself. Even if it's not entirely appropriate for a 3 ring burner (and I'm still confident it will be), it's a piece of equipment that'll stay with my brewery for years, regardless of any future burners I may or may not choose.

Tim

Phrak

Cool, thanks Deaves. Be interested in your reg's details :)

Trent, I'm also using a 3 ring burner. The plan was to crank the adjustable HP reg up to whichever level was appropriate for my burner. I never planned on using the whole 8kg/hour capacity :blink: :wacko:

I got mine from here for $38 (not $28 that I said last night). You wont get this from BigW, Kmart etc, look for a big specalist camping store.

Phrak, I would double check that the HP is adjustable. I did not think it was hence domonsura's comment about that wild flame being the best he could do. I'd also consider gas usage / efficiency

If you plan on buying another burner in the furure than thats a different story

Cheers

Edit: Sorry to answer you question mine is 2.5kg/hr as well. I also heat in a workshop so I lose nothing to the wind which helps

Just to put some minds at rest. I own one of the HP Adjustable regs that is pegged for this bulk buy.

I have a 4 ring cast iron burner that is supposedly meant to be connected to a LP fixed regulator.

I can adjust the HP regulator's output anywhere from not enough output to support a flame to 'ridiculous'.

The output is very easy to control, it is linear and has made my brewday much easier.

FWIW I generally only use three rings now and can easily maintain a lovely rolling boil with far more accuracy that switching individual rings on or off.

Cheers
Doug

Back