Bulk Buy: High Pressure Lpg Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrak

The Dutch Knight Brewery
Reaction score
Edit 13/7/07: See post #81 for updated pricing, pics, order details, etc
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=225800

Hey guys & gals,

I was just about to order a High Pressure LPG Regulator from this bloke in Hong Kong and I saw he was offering a wholesale discount for larger purchases.

Fixa and Doogiechap (any others?) have both ordered from him in the past and have told us they were happy with the product and delivery (guys, please pipe up if there's been any problems since).
Here's some discussions we've had on the regulator:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...+lpg++regulator

The retail cost currently works out at US$31, AU$38 or so, per unit, delivered. I'll ask the guy for a more solid price once I get a feeling for how much interest there is.

The bulkbuy is open for anyone in any state, but please budget add an extra $10 for express postage from Sydney if we can't meet up for delivery.

I will be placing an order fairly shortly, so please let me know if you're interested :)

Cheers & beers,
Tim.

Damn I wish my car wasn't so crappy at the moment. Have just spent over $1000 getting things fixed on it, with more to come tomorrow :angry: .
Are these better to use on a 3 ring Tim? i picked up a normal reg from down the road, took it off a bbq that someone had left out :)
Eric

Hi Phrak,

Will it make my beer more tasty and less addictive?

Cheers - MIchael

Sorry to hear about your car Eric.

I've been told that an HP Regulator will make a difference on my three ring burner. I fully expect that it will :)

Like yourself, I'm currently using a normal, 2.5KG/hr, BBQ regulator which takes about 60mins to bring 30L of tap water to the boil.

Will they help my immersion heater make more heat? If I plug one in, do I get more than 2.4kw frm it?

Thanks - Michael

Mike, you know the rules against posting under the influence! ;-P

If there was any question about the effectiveness of an HP Reg on a three ring, here's proof (Thanks Domonsura):
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=198443

The HP reg that Dom used was a non-adjustable 8kg/hr HP reg. The one's I've been looking at are adjustable all the way.

Tim.

Righto, cheers guys :)
Please copy & paste, then add/remove your name & location to the most recent version of this rolling list (work backwards from the last post to find it) if you're interested:

Definites:
Phrak, Sydney
v8r, Mudgee
The Expanding Man, Perth
Phonos, Sydney
Linz, Macarthur

Interests:
BYB, Depending on price.

Im keen as keens mustartd.

Fents, Watsonia, Vic.

As phrak said, i use one of these, they are fantastic at half the price of a locally sourced product. 12 brews on mine so far, no probs.

I HIGHLY reccomend getting a braided hose though, these can be picked up locally, as the regs have a standard thread.

Have fun!

Going off this:
The one's I've been looking at are adjustable all the way.

Not interested if it's just HP, but full range adjustable for < $50 count me in!

Definites:
Phrak, Sydney
v8r, Mudgee
The Expanding Man, Perth
Phonos, Sydney
Linz, Macarthur
PoMo, Illawarra (can p/u Syd CBD)

Interests:
BYB, Depending on price.

I HIGHLY reccomend getting a braided hose though, these can be picked up locally, as the regs have a standard thread.
Fixa raises an excellent point - This BB is for the HP regulators only. The import will not include a hose.

I'll have a look around and see if I can get a bulk discounts on some braided hoses with 1/4" fittings.

Any preference to hose lengths? Would 1m be sufficient for most ppl?

Tim

Fixa raises an excellent point - This BB is for the HP regulators only. The import will not include a hose.

I'll have a look around and see if I can get a bulk discounts on some braided hoses with 1/4" fittings.

Any preference to hose lengths? Would 1m be sufficient for most ppl?

Tim

I won't be using it on anything high temp or exotic now, just the three ring which has done fine so far on the hose it has, so I might pass on the braided hose.

PoMo, The braided hose is not so much for high temp or looks, but more for pressure resiliency.

Fixa or maybe Domonsura might be able to give us an idea about how well a regular LP BBQ hose will fair at the HP levels.

And Fixa, these regs are definitely full-range adjustable, right mate?

According to the ebay auction:
High pressure regulator with a outlet pressure range from 0 - 2.2 kg

but the pics are missing, so we can't see the adjustor.

I didn't think about the pressure rating of the hose. I'd only be using this on a 3-ring, so I doubt I'd be pushing the limits of the reg anyway. Just looking to get a couple more BTUs out of the burner to speed up initial boil a little.

Definately keen Phrak,

Definites:
Phrak, Sydney
v8r, Mudgee
The Expanding Man, Perth
Phonos, Sydney
Linz, Macarthur
floppinab, Sydney

Interests:
BYB, Depending on price.

im amused by this statement from his add....

We are a Propane Gas/L.P. Gas cylinder supplier. We carry full range of L.P. gas equipment accessories such as high/low pressure Regulator, high/low pressure Hose,burner, Pigtail, adaptor, switchgear and all kind of copper tubing.

check out his store, heaps of electrical electronics type stuff but only 2 gas items , the reg in question and a run of the mill low pressure reg ...
big time gas gear seller i think not ...

but guys go for ya life , a good deals a good deal regardless of what ever else the guy is selling or claiming to sell

Latest posts

Back