Brewnut Brewing - Electric Brewery Upgrade

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_drool2:

This is the best build thread since Johno's!!

Keep it coming mate!

Brewnut, we live through you! :)

God, I am hanging to see the SS that is to follow...

Yob said:
You can drop it off with another couple of growlers mate..

Ed: I guess I could manage to swing past to pick it up if I had to..
Hahaha very funny, i would but you probably dont have a 32amp socket handy for it. The growlers on the other hand... i might be convinced to part with a couple more from my personal stash.

Brewery Upgrade Part Four A
Aside from the control panel the rest of the brewery is getting an upgrade as well. In the past I have set up my brew rig on a trestle table outside, which is all well and good on a nice spring day (Picture mid 20 degrees) but not so good on a super hot summers day (35+ degrees) or on a cold and wet Melbourne winters day. This photo shows my current rig set up. Note the awesome stand for my HLT (I have since replaced the saw horses with a small table that the HLT sits on. Much safer.)

So part of the brewery upgrade is also about giving me some space to do some brewing. I have a garage at the back of my block but the driveway past the house is too narrow for modern cars so it has really been used as a very messy storage room, so i have decided to convert the back half of it into my brewery.

This first photo shows the back of the garage once all the mess has been cleared out leaving the dodgy wooden bench and shelves.

Once the wooden shelves were out i had to clean out some flaking concrete and patch holes and cracks in the floor.

This is looking towards the back of the garage that will become my brewery. It has been cleaned out ready for painting.

A number of different painting methods were trialled as the bricks were very uneven and rollers and brushes were almost useless. In this photo i am trying a low pressure spray gun. This was pretty much useless as well. The volume of paint applied by the sprayer was so fine the wall would have needed about 20 coats to hide the brick colour!!!. In the end i used an airless high pressure paint sprayer which covered all the walls in nice thick coats in about 10 minutes flat.

My brother in law was down from Brisbane visiting so i got him to help out with the painting. He is cutting in some of the fiddly ares the paint sprayer would not be able to do very well.

To seperate the brewery from the rest of a garage i built a stud wall to go between the two areas.

Uprights in place. Note my control panel being built in the right hand corner of the photo.

Nogging in place.

Plywood sheeting on the garage side. I am using leftover colourbond wall cladding for the brewery side.

Brewery Upgrade Part Four B.

Insulation in place prior to the walls being spray painted with the airless sprayer and the colourbond cladding going on.

The walls have now been painted with the airless sprayer, the colourbond cladding and rollor door attached and the range hood installed. The rollor door is only being used to move large items such as fridges and tanks in an out of the brewery as it is behind where the brewing vessels are going.For everyday access there is a side entrance.

This is the motor for the range hood up on the roof.

My Electric Brewery control panel is now bolted to the wall and powered up. confirming it is working.

This is looking towards to front half of the brewery showing the sink, rangehood, table for brewing vessels and control panel.

This is the back half of the brewery where the fermentation vessels and fermentation fridges will go. Note my red grain mill does crush grain faster.

This shot shows the brewing vessels on their table. They have not been plumbed in yet and the pumps are not installed.

My brite tank.

Some fermentes at the back along with the brite tank.

This shot shows a bit more plumbing attached to the brewing vessels. I still need to make a stand for my two pumps to be attached to.

Obviously too busy building your brewery to answer PM's and emails linked to your website regarding products advertised on your website!!!

bradsbrew said:
Obviously too busy building your brewery to answer PM's and emails linked to your website regarding products advertised on your website!!!
oops, PM replied to

Just showed my wife this build, I think I now have a case to build more stuff. I basically said "this is what all the other brewers do..."

Edak said:
Just showed my wife this build, I think I now have a case to build more stuff. I basically said "this is what all the other brewers do..."
Haha nice one, I showed my wife and she laughed.

Brewnut said:
Brewery Upgrade Part Four B.

Insulation in place prior to the walls being spray painted with the airless sprayer and the colourbond cladding going on.

The walls have now been painted with the airless sprayer, the colourbond cladding and rollor door attached and the range hood installed. The rollor door is only being used to move large items such as fridges and tanks in an out of the brewery as it is behind where the brewing vessels are going.For everyday access there is a side entrance.

This is the motor for the range hood up on the roof.

My Electric Brewery control panel is now bolted to the wall and powered up. confirming it is working.

This is looking towards to front half of the brewery showing the sink, rangehood, table for brewing vessels and control panel.

This is the back half of the brewery where the fermentation vessels and fermentation fridges will go. Note my red grain mill does crush grain faster.

This shot shows the brewing vessels on their table. They have not been plumbed in yet and the pumps are not installed.

My brite tank.

Some fermentes at the back along with the brite tank.

This shot shows a bit more plumbing attached to the brewing vessels. I still need to make a stand for my two pumps to be attached to.
Watch much 'Breaking Bad' ???

Danwood said:
Watch much 'Breaking Bad' ???
Haha, my neighbors asked me what the range hood motor on the garage roof was for and mentioned breaking bad, so I showed them the setup and now they want beer!!!

Los Polos Hermanos Hefeweizen ?...it's addictive.

Anyway, back to the topic...fine, fine work.

There's a lot of creepy people on AHB making 'sexy eyes' at your system right now.

Magic setup and brew area,shouldn't have any issues with temps while fermenting or brewing. A nice tidy arrangement and setup.
..cheers...spog...

spog said:
Magic setup and brew area,shouldn't have any issues with temps while fermenting or brewing. A nice tidy arrangement and setup.
..cheers...spog...
Yep however i just need to figure out what to do o control the temp on the conical fermenters. Either i find a fridge big enough to bung them in or i look at thermoelectric elements attached to the side with insulation around them.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I have everything needed to brew now. I am currently running the auto tune on the HLT PID. image.jpg

Back