Brewers Of Western Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpadden

Reaction score
Evening all...

Whilst there are a number of great home brew clubs around Sydney that cover areas such as the hills district, inner sydney, south, etc. there doesn't seem to be much happening out in good ol' western sydney.

Are you guys crashing the party in other areas? Is anyone interested in getting together around the parramatta region?

Be interested to hear from some other 'westies'.

I just emailed DJR of the ISBs, but this is a bit closer to home.

I'm interested.

There'd have to be a few between here and Penrith given Pat is still in business.

im at wenty, dont do ag, just extract, but keen to come along and see how its done. count me in on anything that happens

im at wenty, dont do ag, just extract, but keen to come along and see how its done. count me in on anything that happens

Of course, anything that is organised will be for all brewers (or wanna be brewers for that matter)

Of course, anything that is organised will be for all brewers (or wanna be brewers for that matter)

this going to be the kind of thing where a bunch of grey haired / bald old men get together?? :)

I'll be in on this.. I've got dibs on being chairman, and i will be in need of a gavel to keep the rest of you in order!

Penrith here and definitely keen. Have just gotten in to AG brewing so keen to see other's setups and methods in action.

Well Lads, a good response already so I reckon we should get together sometime soon and meet over a few cold ones. How would you like to kick things off? we could get together for a few beers at a pub (perhaps the Bavarian in P'matta) Let me know your thoughts....

Paddo

The bavarian can be abit steep if you are having more than acouple, what about Paddy's Brewery? Just a suggestion..

Why not have a brew day guys? Someone hosts it and everybody brings their own beers for tastings. Great way for everybody to meet and talk heaps of bs about all things beery. Works well up here in QLD and it's cheaper than a pub run and much more socialable.

2c FWIW

Chappo

Why not have a brew day guys? Someone hosts it and everybody brings their own beers for tastings. Great way for everybody to meet and talk heaps of bs about all things beery. Works well up here in QLD and it's cheaper than a pub run and much more socialable.

2c FWIW

Chappo
Yeah I'd be up for that. Unfortunately my set up has me mashing upstairs in a granny flat and boiling outside... not really the best spot for more than a couple of people. But I'd be happy to take some beers to someone else's place.

2c FWIW

Chappo

+1

i dont have anything to offer for tasting, but keen to watch some brewing.

and talking bs

The bavarian can be abit steep if you are having more than acouple, what about Paddy's Brewery? Just a suggestion..

True, and I've been wanting to get down there anyway for a few of the new beers......

Carn Boys have a brew day! Nothing better than dribbling beery geeky stuff with a big boiler chuggin' all that hoppy aroma's around the place! Drinking real beer with real home brewers and having real beery conversations. I'm in heaven :wub: . Hate me Southern brothers to miss out on something really spesh, yeah? Being an ex Parramatta boy myself.

Shyte you can go to the pub any old time and have a few, can't ya?

Ok I will keep me beak out of it from now on and you can tell me to get stuffed.

Cheers

Chappo

We are having a case swap/brew day at my place on the 29th july, you guys are welcome to come along. There are still acouple of spots left in the swap if anyone is interested...

At this very early stage, just interested in getting a handle on how many brewers we have in these parts. Looks like we have quite a few and will get larger as more see the thread over the next few days.

Still think it's a good idea to at least meet each other over a few pints. Then we can chat about potential brew days, swaps, brewery visits, etc, etc...

Paddy's is close to the train line and has some great beers so keen to get along there. :icon_cheers:

How about something on weekend of 12/13/14th June? What time/days suit everyone?

:icon_chickcheers:

Latest posts

Back