Brewclonematho'scontrol

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scrambling issue will be resolved with the use of the snubber circuit mentioned in all of the brauduino threads. I used 100 ohm resistor in series with a 100nF X2 capacitor and put this across the output of the pump relay (close to the screw terminal). Fixed my LCD scrambling and temp sensor reading errors right up for both my brau and my fridge controller.

I am talking about one of these: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=RG5236&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=967#1

so you have:

PUMP TERM 1 ------- 100nF ----- 100R ------ PUMP TERM 2
|-----------------------------------PUMP------------------------------|

seemore said:
Hi caveman
Was just wondering where you got your heating element from the rig looks great by the way
Thermalec elements. Sydney 69.00 + 15.00 delivery, I formed it my self around a 10 ltr s/steel bucket

Edak said:
The scrambling issue will be resolved with the use of the snubber circuit mentioned in all of the brauduino threads. I used 100 ohm resistor in series with a 100nF X2 capacitor and put this across the output of the pump relay (close to the screw terminal). Fixed my LCD scrambling and temp sensor reading errors right up for both my brau and my fridge controller.

I am talking about one of these: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=RG5236&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=967#1

so you have:

PUMP TERM 1 ------- 100nF ----- 100R ------ PUMP TERM 2
|-----------------------------------PUMP------------------------------|

Off to Jay car visit tomorrow

thanks

Hi CMB, Lael tells me that you should already have this component on your PCB, I dont use the same board so that's why I suggested it. You might want to check this.

I think there is that circuit on board.

Don't know what to do now.

Will adding another at the pump terminal be a bad thing?

It's best to go over your board and check for cold joints, especially where the LCD is connected, this has been an issue for others before and adding further noise filtering shouldn't be required. It maybe helpful if you posted pics of the inside of the controller box and some closeups of the board. I went over mine with one of those super bright led torches checking each soldered point, I ended up redoing about 6.

MB

Cheers,

I commandeering the electron microscope at work tomorrow, after I build a couple of engines.

Ok and hello to all brew clone die hard's

Have got sorted the Arduino program and compiling ( I'm the biggest dope) just before the post on the library that is created in my doc's I read a Arduino forum and got the problem fixed

As for the scrambling screen, I was stuffing around the other day and decided to take the front panel off and ran the system and the screen did not scramble but as soon as the front panel was replaced the screen scrambled, so I rewired the path of the pump and 12 volt and the heater and this has and seams to have fixed the problem.

Picture before I changed the paths of the wire.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Contacted Lael and he suggested to run the system in manual and switch on and off the pump etc, so I did and no change to the screen.

Have just completed a brew and the brewclonematho'scontrol worked brilliantly and flawlessly, apart from needing three 1/4 inch wing nuts and insulating the pot in a better more permeant fashion, (got a couple of ideas ratter lying around on this) the beer, sorry wort is very sweet with a end note of bitterness.

Picture to come, feeding the herd of kids at the moment.

Many thanks to the whole forum for there advice and there "no hold back approach" to lending a hand.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Glad to hear it is now working! Be awesome to see the difference to the wiring you made if you feel like unscrewing it and taking an after wiring shot :)

That is a BIG batch! Double brew?

What happens when I get a couple of days to tinker.

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 brews down and going really strong.

This weekend a very hoppy IPA

Admin change layout if you would like, I'm sick of the iPad changing the pictures.

Hope you all like.

Brewing at the moment, all good, except for the sudden change of day with gale force winds and a quick downpour also i need to get a bit of a seal between the spatter guard and the mash tun, spraying out thru there a little but looking good. heating time improved by 43%since the addition of the cooping cover and foam filled liner.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/68ot5y739hf2gov/AAAyH3xddVMQ_WvPMY9U79k5a

Wow, it looks fantastic!
What is the foam you are using between the keg and the coopered barrel? 43% improvement is huge!

2 part foam filler for fridges/freezers, hang on I will get the codes off the cans, it was quite cheap to purchase. $32.00 for a 2 litre pack volume increase of 30 times from mixed batch

It took

47 mins to heat up to 75 deg, for mash in
From mash out to boil took 32 min

Now 18-21 min to 75 deg
Mash out to boil 12 min

Over all quick calc of approx 47% increase in efficiency in time. I'm happy

Oh the product,

image.jpg

Ah! I know the stuff! (Did you buy that at Whitworths?)
so did you just pour that into the gap? Or did you use some sort of mould and add the timber after?

Bugger I always forget to take process pictures,

Bought from old FMS, now WS fibreglass newcastle

Process,
Cnc a couple of rings with faceted edges , top and bottom
Table saw the slats (28)off
Cnc a couple of control box spaces to mount the slats too
Nail gunned the slats on with some tight bond glue(waterproof)
Rolled some copper strap for the rings and drilled and screwed in place
Drilled a 20 mm hole in base ring on end and poured 1ltr in and watched the magic
Amount was spot on with a little oozing out at a couple of points, let it dry before scraping it off.
Two pack matt clear coat, two coats off
Cnc a ring for the 19 ltr s/steel pot lid to fit into as a lid

Ah, so what you are saying is that I really need to finish projects before starting new ones... Sounds like the CNC router that is still in pieces in the garage would really come in handy!
Very nicely done!

Caveman, that is awesome. Incredible heating efficiency! Might have to insulate my current build!

Latest posts

Back