Brewclonematho'scontrol

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have an old computer lead lying around you could cut the plug off & attach a female extension lead plug in its place. You can then plug it into the pump power outlet of your controller and attach a desk lamp to check if power is being output or not.

I know its a royal pita but the best way to get on top of all these issues is just plow your way through the other thread because they've all be answered before in great detail, sometimes numerous times.

Your build looks great, well done :icon_cheers:

PS disclaimer: Don't do the extension lead mod if you don't know how to do it :lol:.

Thanks champ.

I'm an elec'o and have chucked a metre on it, power there no pump running, calling chugger tomorrow morning.

There aus site is down at moment, hope still going

Hey mate, cam06 is right about an early issue with 230v chuggers... we are the Aus distributor but can only help if it was purchased in Australia.

Where and when did you buy your pump?

Australia, I bought two only just dug out the new one two hrs ago out of tis foam box and it does it as well, I have power

I have email/receipt at work, on email some were

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just to show

Hey Cavemanbrew, sorry to hear about your pump issues... Your brauclone looks fantastic! A couple of questions though, I see that your pump outlet is dead centre, are you planning to have a threaded rod? Or will your mash pipe clamp down from the top? What are you using for your mash pipe? And how do you intend to seal it on the sloping base of the keg???
Cheers.

I machined a twist lock/cam system that fits neatly in the skin fitting, insert and twist step over is 5 mm,

The mash pot is a 19 litre big w pot and another skin fitting is installed skin side inside the pot and TIG welded the 316 s/s twist lock/cam system to it, the height clears the heater element by 8 mm, on the side of the big w pot I have three 316 bolts at a distance that does not allow any rock and roll of the pot, the lid is a s/s grill from Whitworths marine and a disk plasma cut 316 s/s invisiguard screen, I acid washed the plastic coating off it. The lid will have two eye hooks bolted thru the s/s lid to aid in a removal device when sparking, This lid is clamped down with three J leg threaded bolts which will have wing nuts on them for ease of removal and tightening.

Will take a couple of pictures for you

Hope this helps

C.B

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good evening all

just want to publicly thank cocko, for sorting out my pump issues.

The new replacements Arrived today, have opened one and will be testing tomorrow

Thank you for all you help and assistance

caveman - any luck with the scrambling on the arduino?

ok - let us know if it changes anything

Thanks for the pics! I am slowly gathering the parts... I have ordered one of Lael's last controller kits, have the fabled BigW pot, a keg and a TIG welder... I worked at Whitworths for 10 years, I know the grill well, looks like a good solution! Thanks again for the photos. Good luck with your LCD scramble...

Hi caveman

Was just wondering where you got your heating element from the rig looks great by the way

Latest posts

Back