"brewbuilder" Discussion Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, me too. Got an email saying it's up and running.

I think it's a great system - but, I don't like any online ordering system that does not quote freight BEFORE finalising an order. You shouldn't have to "commit" to any order without knowing the complete costs involved. Kind of a waste of time for the retailers end, when this could be automated during the purchasing process (check stock availability, add cubic weight and dimensions, punch in postcode, generate freight costs).

Awesome tool, if the freight component was fixed up - it would appeal to a lot more people around the country.

Yep, me too. Got an email saying it's up and running.

I think it's a great system - but, I don't like any online ordering system that does not quote freight BEFORE finalising an order. You shouldn't have to "commit" to any order without knowing the complete costs involved. Kind of a waste of time for the retailers end, when this could be automated during the purchasing process (check stock availability, add cubic weight and dimensions, punch in postcode, generate freight costs).

Awesome tool, if the freight component was fixed up - it would appeal to a lot more people around the country.

There is a freight calculator on the web site and when I enter my details for a 5 kg parcel from Newcastle to Port Lincoln it gives me a price of somewhere between $30 and $36.
At that rate if you calculate to a tonne rate and if the parcel travels on a B double with a 40 tonne payload then Fastway make $240,000.00 per truck. (I.m in the wrong business)
The Aus post site is worse, being more expensive and the other one - TNT I think it is, I cant get into because I have to be a customer of theirs to get access.
I want to use the service but I cant justify $30 odd bucks on top of a brew.
If I could get a 5kg parcel for around $10 or say a 25kg parcel for around $50 it would be great.

Cheers

There is a freight calculator on the web site and when I enter my details for a 5 kg parcel from Newcastle to Port Lincoln it gives me a price of somewhere between $30 and $36.
At that rate if you calculate to a tonne rate and if the parcel travels on a B double with a 40 tonne payload then Fastway make $240,000.00 per truck. (I.m in the wrong business)
The Aus post site is worse, being more expensive and the other one - TNT I think it is, I cant get into because I have to be a customer of theirs to get access.
I want to use the service but I cant justify $30 odd bucks on top of a brew.
If I could get a 5kg parcel for around $10 or say a 25kg parcel for around $50 it would be great.

Cheers
to be fair, I have been in contact with Mark and he tells me he does try to source the best rates from about 4 different freight companies - so the calculator you have used is probably "worst case scenario".

Ordered no problems at all. Fantastic system, fantastic list of recipes if i were that way inclined and great price! Very impressed

I'm lucky enough to be a local customer of Marks, but I've got to say Brewbuilder is bloody good. I haven't used beersmith for ages.

The database recipes I've tried have been tops and I can save my own recipes in my profile.

Good work on getting this up Mark!

Alfie

to be fair, I have been in contact with Mark and he tells me he does try to source the best rates from about 4 different freight companies - so the calculator you have used is probably "worst case scenario".
I have used the calculators provided on the website.
With some other suppliers I recieve goods via Aus post and from memory similar weight parcels are a lot cheaper. It may be a capital city thing.
As I said I would be more than happy to use Brewbuilder so if there is a method of freighting my goods that isn't giving me a "worst case scenario" and at the same time give me reasonable freight costs then I would be on it like a fat kid on a Macca.
I am away working at the moment but when I get home I will ring the store and see if Mark might guide me towards a more suitable freight method.

Cheers

I have used the calculators provided on the website.
With some other suppliers I recieve goods via Aus post and from memory similar weight parcels are a lot cheaper. It may be a capital city thing.
As I said I would be more than happy to use Brewbuilder so if there is a method of freighting my goods that isn't giving me a "worst case scenario" and at the same time give me reasonable freight costs then I would be on it like a fat kid on a Macca.
I am away working at the moment but when I get home I will ring the store and see if Mark might guide me towards a more suitable freight method.

Cheers

Even though this is off topic, Mark has said it to me and I am sure he wouldn't mind me saying it; support your locals. This proves to me that Mark has good morals and ethics. Wouldn't frieght be cheaper from Beer Belly or Brew Adelaide? Have you checked out Nige's recipe packs?
That aside I have got great products, service and advice from Mark.

After reading this thread, I signed up for Brewbuilder. I originally ordered four brews for the delivery price of $10 to Sydney!!!.

I did have delivery issues as Mark was under the pump at the time, however, once I received the order, i have been very pleasantly surprised by the ease of using the product. The ingredients quality and process is fantastic.

I am in no means an experienced brewer and always learning, however, new to AG brewers, please take note of this as a testimonial. I would thoroughly recommend using this a way of introducing yourself to AG and understanding the various types of beers available. I have been retiscent to take on beers that require 3 or 4 hops schedules as the price to buy a packet of hops that you may only use once did not do it for me. Buying on Brewbuilder allows you to purchase hops/grain by the gram. Fantastic!!

I have just put the last brew into the fermenter on the weekend and will be ordering another four.

Well done Mark!!

Back