Brew Dogs TV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spiesy said:
The only think I hate, is their wanky beer tasting process.... "Helloooooo. How are youuuuu."

Gay.
I think it has something to do with this guy
http://youtu.be/L2NxmZMW7Ys

LagerBomb said:
where we always put the male coupler on the hose, as the locking arms get damaged easily by loaders and rough crunts.
nothing worse than going in to do a rebog and the pumps just thrown on the side of the drive with bullhose and full of water.

nothing worse than going in to do a rebog and the pumps just thrown on the side of the drive with bullhose and full of water.

English translation?

WarmBeer said:
English translation?
- "where we always put the male coupler on the hose, as the locking arms get damaged easily by loaders and rough crunts."
or the real English translation
Whilst driving in an underground mine, there is a certain feeling of contempt for others, when the need arises to redig an area with the loader, and finding that some dirty blighter has left the dewaterting apparatus and associated equipment on the side of the trafficable area. Said is equipment is also found to be full of mine water, making the dewatering equipment rendered useless.
Or in aussie
bog = dig with loader, therefore rebog means either a) fixing some rough crunts **** up, or b) fixing an engineers **** up.
pumps = portable pumps used to remove water from the face/area where you are bogging out. You would be surprised by how much water there is in a mine.
bullhose = hose sized from 50mm up
drive = the road up/down/in to the area to be bogged.
Hope this helps. (just taking the piss)
Cheers
LB

Acasta said:
I think it has something to do with this guy
I hope I don't accidentally smell whisky one day without having my nose in the glass. Don't want suity mc red tie to get all Braveheart on me.

Good get.

But seriously, talking to a drink?
It's actually a clever way of getting a good exposure of the aromas through your sinus and palette, The talking bit creates a time span and also re-wetting your tongue with the aromatics in your mouth to increase the sensory input.

James with his Scot accent and comedic presentation helps people do it without the need to explain or over complicate what to do or feel like snobs, but still do more than chug the beer as if it was mega-swill.

Edit-just watched that scotch vid and lol that's hilarious

FWIW, there are episodes 1 through 7 of this on torrentday, in both xvid and x264 format. All are well seeded.

BeerNess said:
It's actually a clever way of getting a good exposure of the aromas through your sinus and palette, The talking bit creates a time span and also re-wetting your tongue with the aromatics in your mouth to increase the sensory input. James with his Scot accent and comedic presentation helps people do it without the need to explain or over complicate what to do or feel like snobs, but still do more than chug the beer as if it was mega-swill. Edit-just watched that scotch vid and lol that's hilarious
I think it's stupid, and it makes me cringe.

Heaven forbid you have bad breath, or have recently eaten garlic/onion/seafood/coffee/something smelly - as this would cloud you first judgement as you breathe into the glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's stupid, and it makes me cringe.

Heaven forbid you have bad breath, or have recently eaten garlic/onion/seafood/coffee/something smelly - as this would cloud you first judgement as you breathe into the glass.
some of what you mentioned are common components of foods that you drink with beer anyway, so that will immediately change your experience with the beer, food and beer matching.
Having a good smell and giving the aroma more exposure to your senses will likely improve things. Their process is very staged, gimmicky and quite silly but it is disguising an important sensory process, which is the point of the exercise - getting people to really taste and experience the beer.

BeerNess said:
some of what you mentioned are common components of foods that you drink with beer anyway, so that will immediately change your experience with the beer, food and beer matching.
Having a good smell and giving the aroma more exposure to your senses will likely improve things. Their process is very staged, gimmicky and quite silly but it is disguising an important sensory process, which is the point of the exercise - getting people to really taste and experience the beer.
This is not about food matching, it's about tasting a beer.

Look at the beer. Smell the beer. Taste the beer. Comment.

Saying "helloooooooo" and "how are youuuuu" makes me want to stab people.

Maybe if they sounded like Lionel Richie, it might soothe Spiesys nerves.

Watched the first one last night, and enjoyed it.

I loved the comment how if they wanted to know every fkn detail about brewing, google it. Got me thinking that a lot of keen brewers might go "hey, that's a good idea", hit up google, get met with AHB posts, and then think, "fk this, they're a bunch of grumpy pricks", then go back to making pies etc.

LOL @ you blokes using public trackers....

Female connections on vessels or anywhere else it's difficult to change out. Especially threaded ones.

Coming from a Scotsman, Richard Paterson, the guy in the video is a bit of a contradiction for me.

He obviously knows a lot about Whisky, but he is head distiller for Whyte and Mackay who distil VB and store it for a few years.

punkin said:
Female connections on vessels or anywhere else it's difficult to change out. Especially threaded ones.
:icon_offtopic: Maybe we should start a new topic on this subject and watch the place have a melt down :lol: :huh:

I like the way the bars have so many taps and so much choice would love to see something similar here it would do a bomb.

I like the way the bars have so many taps and so much choice would love to see something similar here it would do a bomb.

One of my favourite thing about the States.

Even restaurants will usually have a couple of beers on tap.

Kicks the arse off our general offering.

Latest posts

Back