Brew Dogs TV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the first two and thought for what it is worth the episodes are pretty entertaining. Not too bad.

Comes with free three vessel brewing instructions on the move. Nice to see they use an airlock on the fermenter.

Liked episode three, had a nice improvised feel to it and went for a (slightly) more anthropological "lolz americanz" vibe. Liked the milling segment too.

But the Brew Dogs themselves seem to be getting less and less approval of their beers at the final tasting sessions with each episode ...

Just watched the first episode of this and after it took me awhile to understand what the fook they were saying I really enjoyed it. I was a big fan of brew masters and so enjoy the similar format of this show.
Probably better though as it's not centred around just one brewery.
Downloading the other four now.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of this today. Wasn't super keen at first but they're growing on me. Definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed brew masters.

D/L'ing Ep.1 finally now.. thanks for the hook up.

Preferred ep.2 over ep. 3 BIG time... I love San Fran. :)

Enjoying this series more and more each week. This week they went to Boston to brew a beer with Jim Koch from Samuel Adams.

I like their wort transfer device they use that hangs onto the side of the vessel. It would make a good sparge arm.

Yes thats true they are mighty purty..... Its a strange setup how they have their female disconnects on their vessels and males on the hoses. I was told recently its better to have the males on the vessels because when they're attached to the hose they can get banged around and scratched etc as you clean your hoses and then might not seal properly in the female.

Boston was the last of the series. They certainly are out there with strange brews. Notice they don't have any lagging on the mash tun to maintain temperatures.

I thought the best one was the first episode in San Diego with the IPAs. It gave us a bit more of what we can relate to. Most of the beers in the series we can only lust over as we never see them here.

Truman said:
Yes thats true they are mighty purty..... Its a strange setup how they have their female disconnects on their vessels and males on the hoses. I was told recently its better to have the males on the vessels because when they're attached to the hose they can get banged around and scratched etc as you clean your hoses and then might not seal properly in the female.
Thats how I set my system up. Only from previous experience in the mining industry, where we always put the male coupler on the hose, as the locking arms get damaged easily by loaders and rough crunts. Lesson - dont drag your hoses along the ground, and they wont get damaged, which should be pretty easy with 1/2 " fittings and hose.

I have only just started watchimg this series and I have to admit that I have enjoyed it. Its not as "out there" as the Dogfishhead series, but I think most of those brews are achievable in some format anywhere in the world. Not that I am considering brewing any.
It makes for something different to watch, and I enjoy the food matching/using beer in cooking segments. Makes me thinka bit more about what I can achieve with my brewing/beers
Cheers
LB

The only think I hate, is their wanky beer tasting process.... "Helloooooo. How are youuuuu."

Gay.

Latest posts

Back