Brew Day At Eagle Heights - Meet Babbs/zwickel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fully subscribed on the day i'm afraid... but you'll get to enjoy the fruits of our labour at the April meeting...

Cheers Ross

Fully subscribed on the day i'm afraid... but you'll get to enjoy the fruits of our labour at the April meeting...

Cheers Ross

Damn I'll just have to use my Tandaco to make some pizzas. :huh:

So where's Ross' photo with his new hair piece?

...wouldn't happen to be a rather fetching little red number i sent him home from Canberra with, around this time last year was it...??

...well done all, looks like a top day was had...i am suffering acute brewhouse envy after seeing all those pics...

Just seen the photos, Ok now i'm really pissed off i left queensland, and Henno stop scaring the children.

I had a great day and thanks to the BABBS boys for allowing me into the inner sanctum for the day. Those of us who kicked on at our hotel had a riotous dinner followed by a very loud session back in our room. Top night. I am feeling a bit sorry for myself today though.

For those that have contacted me to find out about the cyclone up this way thank you for your concern. It is bloody windy with gusts nearing 40 knots at times. So far so good though.

I still think Teri and I deserve some kind of award for the most kilometres driven to attend.

Give me a ring when you are coming up this way Zwickel. We might not be able to go fishing with this weather but there is a lovely coral trout in my freezer we will cook up.

I still think Teri and I deserve some kind of award for the most kilometres driven to attend.

Ned did Daintree to Everton Park... :lol: Now we just need Pistol Patch to drive over for the swap!

I got 1036 (yes temp corrected) - Could their be variability depending on where your FWK was in the production line or is my trusty hydrometer on the blink?

I inoculated mine on Monday night. I must have got an early one as there was SFA hop dregs, but it was cloudier than I had expected.

I got approx 8.2 Brix on my refractometer (after yeast had been added) which according to an online calculator I went to works out to be 1033. So we're about the same.

FWIW temp of the brew when we filled the 20L containers was 98 when we started and 88 when we finished.

Mine is sitting in the brew fridge in the kitchen working away, though I must not have the lid on properly as I'm not getting the familiar "blurrp" of CO2 past the airlock that I'd expect after 24hrs.

Thanks to all for an Awesome day... :super:
Great to be out and about again..(and locked back up for twice as long now)
Good to catch up with the BABBS boys, Beersom and especialy getting to meet Zwickle..

I need to put a very special Thank-you to Pocket Beers for taking me home... :unsure:
even though it didn't exactly go to plan as his trusty NAV-PETE 5000 was left at home.

Here is the original planned route...
to_woodhill.JPG (33.8km = 39minutes)

But unfortunatly with the directions from the slightly confused NAV-SQYRE 120Y and the hazy back seat NAV-MOTHBALL 180B we ended up taking a slightly different route....
to_woodhill_2.JPG(312km = 4hours 37minutes)

Google Maps doesnt have "Stopped for a Piss HERE" Button so just imagine 27 evenly spaced big Red Arrows along the trip.

Oh and i will post some pics too.. (as soon as my Camera comes back from where i left it...) :unsure:

Sqyre... :D

Thanks to all for an Awesome day... :super:
Great to be out and about again..(and locked back up for twice as long now)
Good to catch up with the BABBS boys, Beersom and especialy getting to meet Zwickle..

I need to put a very special Thank-you to Pocket Beers for taking me home...
even though it didn't exactly go to plan as his trusty NAV-PETE 5000 was left at home.

Here is the original planned route...
View attachment 25300

But unfortunatly with the directions from the slightly confused NAV-SQYRE 120Y and the hazy back seat NAV-MOTHBALL 180B we ended up taking a slightly different route....
View attachment 25301

Google Maps doesnt have "Stopped for a Piss HERE" Button so just imagine 27 evenly spaced big Red Arrows along the trip.

Oh and i will post some pics too.. (as soon as my Camera comes back from where i left it...) :unsure:

Sqyre... :D

:lol: hope you were carrying plenty of travellers.

The navigation didn't really go to plan, but I laughed pretty hard most of the way home. Very entertaining. :rolleyes:

I was getting a little antzy towards the end of the journey due to contemplating what would happen to me once I arrived home to a starving (I was to pick up dinner on route) and pregnant wife. :ph34r:

I dropped of said "Power drinking navigation units" and turned on the afterburners for the fish and chip shop.

I placed the last order for the day and made it home in one piece. To my surprise my wife was more interested in the brewday and the setups on the mountain than removing my body parts....What a champ :beerbang:

It was an awesome day :party:

Sign me up for another one.

PB

PS - Mine is already underway Blurp, Blurp Blurp

I say Brucey, you were unlucky not to have the NAV-TidalPete V1.0 (Now obsolete) fitted to Pocket Beers' vehicle as this was once the Beez kneez of all navigation systems for South-East Qld & would have got you home well before you left.
Bad luck mate. :(

TP

That's how we do it on the Sunshine Coast as well Zwickel,those Brissy boys are just 'feen' :lol: :lol:

Batz

BABBS boys have to get to bed by 4pm...

Unique whithin the brewing world....

I have to say a big thanks to our host and the BABBs guys for organising a great day, Mrs B and the tackers had a great time, emphasised by the way they all nodded off 10 mins into the trip home. I forgot to take a reading of my cube, but can tell you it was very cloudy, like a cup of tea when I poured it into the fermenter, there was some hops in the bottom of the cube. I pitched nottingham at 6am this morning. I'll have to keep a close eye on it the next two days and might try and knock it on the head before it gets down to some crazy FG.

cheers

Browndog

Latest posts

Back