Eagle Heights Qabc Brew Day 29/11/09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
The big day has arrived (for me at least) and I will be brewing at the eagle Heights Brewery from about 9:00am on Sunday 29th :beerbang: . Lisa and I will arrive at Mt Tamborine on saturday afternoon for a bit of a look see and will be staying until Monday morning.

I'll be brewing a 500l batch of Sparkling Ale with Frank and Ed and if anyone would like to come down for the day and hold my hand :p and maybe even have a few beers as well that would be fantastic, it would be really good to see some of the brewers from the QLD Xmas swap that I missed out on, and hopefully some of the BABBS members that helped make this dream day happen.

Cheers
Andrew

Sounds good Andrew :icon_cheers: , (hope I'm not booked to do something then).

Andrew, unfortunately won't be able to make it, plus that's one beer I've been dying to try. I take it that the beer will be on at the Platform Bar?

The big day has arrived (for me at least) and I will be brewing at the eagle Heights Brewery from about 9:00am on Sunday 29th :beerbang: . Lisa and I will arrive at Mt Tamborine on saturday afternoon for a bit of a look see and will be staying until Monday morning.

I'll be brewing a 500l batch of Sparkling Ale with Frank and Ed and if anyone would like to come down for the day and hold my hand :p and maybe even have a few beers as well that would be fantastic, it would be really good to see some of the brewers from the QLD Xmas swap that I missed out on, and hopefully some of the BABBS members that helped make this dream day happen.

Cheers
Andrew

Should be a lot of fun, and most probably nerves on the day. With all your experience it will be a good brew, and to play with the commercial gear :icon_drool2:

Shit 500L brew, that will be a big BAG.

QldKev

Sounds good Andrew :icon_cheers: , (hope I'm not booked to do something then).

Hopefully we'll see you there Winkle.

Andrew, unfortunately won't be able to make it, plus that's one beer I've been dying to try. I take it that the beer will be on at the Platform Bar?

That's a shame Bribie, It would be good to meet.
Yep it is going into the Platform bar, and I'm real excited about that.

Andrew

Andrew I will probably make a dash for freedom sometime in the morning for a quick g'day and a beer or two. Doubt I would be there before 10am.

Yes I'll be down to the Platform Bar. I don't care how many pee stops I'll need on the way back to Caboolture Station :ph34r:

Here's another one unable to get to Eagle Heights. :(
Will endevour to get to the Platform Bar to sample the product of your labours Andrew. Got any idea when it will go on tap?

TP

Not too sure Pete, will have a better idea after the brew is done, I'll keep you posted.

Andrew I will probably make a dash for freedom sometime in the morning for a quick g'day and a beer or two. Doubt I would be there before 10am.

Yay, I will finally get to meet Chap Chap, a beer or two, doesn't sound like Chappo.
Look forward to meeting.

Andrew

Andrew,

hope the brew day goes well for you and you have heaps of fun! As I am going up there this weekend with BABBs, unfortunately I can't get a leave pass to go up the following weekend. I will however, be joining the other curious Brissy brewers and heading to the Platform Bar as soon as your creation is on tap! :beer:

Cheers - Snow.

Nice one Andrew, I am just wondering can you buy rubber boots in queensland or will you be brewing in thongs? :icon_cheers:

Nice one Andrew, I am just wondering can you buy rubber boots in queensland or will you be brewing in thongs? :icon_cheers:

Thongs! How uncouth to even suggest wearing a standard thong. Double pluggers Jayse. Pffft! bloody South Australian know nuthin' about nuthin' especially beer brewin' safety footwear!

Good luck with it all Andrew it will be a great experience and dont forget to have fun; isnt Lisa going to hold your hand? :icon_cheers:

Thanks Guys, I'm getting seriously excited now :beerbang: , Just corresponded with Frank the head brewer from Eagle Heights and he tells me they have stepped up the yeast sample I sent to 60lt :blink: ready for pitching, not a bad sized starter at all.
Can't wait until Sunday.

cheers
Andrew

Tanks Guys, I'm getting seriously excited now :beerbang: , Just corresponded with Frank the head brewer from Eagle Heights and he tells me they have stepped up the yeast sample I sent to 60lt :blink: ready for pitching, not a bad sized starter at all.
Can't wait until Sunday.

cheers
Andrew

Amazing what these guys can do with a tallie of Sparkling :lol:

you MUST try the beers at eagle heights, we payed a visit whilst on hols recently and imo they leave the other brewery in town for dead.

you MUST try the beers at eagle heights, we payed a visit whilst on hols recently and imo they leave the other brewery in town for dead.

I'll be trying quite a few don't worry, looking forward to that as well.

Andrew

So, where's the news from the Eagle Heights Qabc Brew Day?

QldKev

So, where's the news from the Eagle Heights Qabc Brew Day?

QldKev

It's all done and dusted.
First off thanks to Ed and his family for the fantastic hospitality and company, it was great to meet you all.
Thanks to Ed and Frank for the opportunity to brew on a commercial scale, it was a fascinating experience and I learn't a great deal. We tasted some wonderful beers, the Nine bullet was a hit with Lisa and I really enjoyed the IPA. We're looking forward to the next trip down.

Mashing in 100kg of grain, feels a bit different than 5 kg. Do I look happy?
eagle_heights_003__640x480_.JPG

Filtering a Pilsner in between jobs.
eagle_heights_007__640x480_.JPG

Checking the mash,I can't seem to get that smile off my face.
eagle_heights_014__640x480_.JPG

In go the Pride of Ringwood
eagle_heights_021__640x480_.JPG

Pondering the Plato conversions
eagle_heights_024__640x480_.JPG

Transferring to the fermenter and aerating the wort.
eagle_heights_027__640x480_.JPG

Trub in the bottom of the kettle
eagle_heights_043__640x480_.JPG

Lisa and I had a great time and I would highly recommend a visit to Eagle Heights, there is so much to do.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back