Babbs February Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonte

Reaction score
Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) February meeting will be held Thursday February 26, 2009 at Lynndon Park Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld. Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

Entry fee of $6.00 covers hall hire & snacks; BYO beer to share and compare.

Visitors are always welcome.

*** Members are reminded of the Eagle Heights Brew Day - sign up quick as it's filling up fast ***

Mini Comp No. 1:
Pale Ale and Bitter. At time of entry, beer must be nominated into BABB's beer classes;

• 3a (Australian Pale Ale)
  • 3b (Standard/Ordinary Bitter)
  • 3c (Special/Best/Premium Bitter)
  • 3d (Extra Special/Strong Bitter)

Could someone please pass on my apologies - No chance I can make this one.... I am unfortunately working Thursday Evenings at the moment, and even if I weren't, It's a 2.5 hr drive down these days (+ 2.5 hrs back)!

Don't have enough points up with the new boss at this stage to ask for this Thursday off, but hoping I can organise a couple off over the coming months! Fingers Crossed!

Enjoy fellas!

Cheers

I might actually make this one :eek: .

Christ Perry, at least make it one I'll be going to!! :p

Cheers

I'll see if I can organise some chilli stout for your next one. ;)

I'm coming this meeting with my Father. LOL that sounds pretty funny considering I'm 38 and Dad's 65 oh well I'm sure we will have fun.

*** Members are reminded of the Eagle Heights Brew Day - sign up quick as it's filling up fast ***

I just went to the link but because I'm not a member I can't access the calendar to see the date and time. Otherwise I am definitely in. $23 for a cube of wort including the cube, Bargain!

See ya all Thursday

Chappo,

The brew day is on sunday the 8th March. all are welcome, but the FWK's are for members only.

Cheers Ross

HHmmm....its actually feasible that I may be able to attend this. I have to visit my luthier on the mountain, and I could actually make it down for this if the stars aligned. Would be great to meet some AHBers including Ross who wasn't in his shop the one day I went there, visit a Brewery, get pissed....stumble around a mountain....you get the picture :D

Cheers,
Jake

Looks like I'll be able to make it for at least part of the brewday on the 8th!

Looking forward to it!!

Cheers

Ok! So where do I sign up? :D

To joint BABBs you have to front up to a meeting such as tomorrow, and apply for membership. Because it's an alcohol related club you have to be sussed out first to make sure that you are not a derro metho drinker etc (God knows how I got in :p ) then your info submitted to the committee, so you would not officially become a member till the March meeting.

To joint BABBs you have to front up to a meeting such as tomorrow, and apply for membership. Because it's an alcohol related club you have to be sussed out first to make sure that you are not a derro metho drinker etc (God knows how I got in :p ) then your info submitted to the committee, so you would not officially become a member till the March meeting.
Hmmm so thats why I was told not to bother :ph34r: Brew one metho and sour orange bread filtered ale and people assume the truth.

Hmmm so thats why I was told not to bother :ph34r: Brew one metho and sour orange bread filtered ale and people assume the truth.

Hmmm your big mistake was to use metho instead of Savings Brand Mouthwash. Floats my boat every time. Also filter through the ALDI multigrain. :icon_drunk:

BUGGER! thursday night, i'm busy. poo, i really wanted to come and be all noobish. Are all your meets on thursdays (ie regular thing)? Might have to make some schedule changes :)

hey, that was a good drop mate :blink:

cheers

Browndog

BUGGER! thursday night, i'm busy. poo, i really wanted to come and be all noobish. Are all your meets on thursdays (ie regular thing)? Might have to make some schedule changes :)

We meet the 4th thursday of every month.

cheers Ross

ok cool, definately making some scheduling adjustments ;)

cheers ross

Oh great! Now you tell me... so I best me making a trip to Vinnies for a new suit huh?

Sera looks like I'm the noobish noob this time - :lol:

I'm also coming and bringing a friend

Hope she's good looking and goes by the name of "Amber"?

Thanks for the information see ya all tonight!

P.S. I will be the noob with the red HSV shirt on!

Latest posts

Back