Brew Day At Eagle Heights - Meet Babbs/zwickel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Frank (Head Brewer) & the BABBs Crew will be brewing 500L of an English Best Bitter in the style of Timothy Taylor Landlord Bitter at Eagle Heights Brewery, 10 Macdonnell Rd, Eagle Heights. Mash in will be 9am on Sunday 8th March. Our good friend from Germany "Zwickel" & his good lady, will also be in attendance as honourary guests.

Plenty of great beers on tap & BBQ lunch will be provided for those interested. $25 for Steak, $18 for Chicken/chops, $10 for kids.
Venue is wife/child friendly, so all welcome - It's also market day on the mountain, so plenty to do for those not interested in the brewery.
The event is open to all visitors but the wort kits are restricted to BABBs members only.

We expect to be all done & dusted by about 1pm, then for those interested, we will be heading up to Mt Brewery for a few beers with Ian Watson (Head Brewer).

Should be a great day, so look forward meeting as many AHBer's that can make the trip up the mountain & join us.

Cheers

Ross
BrewMaster BABBS

Is there any inexpensive accommodation close by? As in cheapish?

There's a park bench at the lookout... You might need to get there early to save disappointment! :lol:

Bugger ! In Brisbane a week too late and leaving too early to catch the BaBBs monthly meeting. Have a good one and give Zwickel my regards. Anyone in Brissie planning a brewday over the weekend of the 21st/22nd March ?

Bugger ! In Brisbane a week too late and leaving too early to catch the BaBBs monthly meeting. Have a good one and give Zwickel my regards. Anyone in Brissie planning a brewday over the weekend of the 21st/22nd March ?

Fats,

I'm keen but you have to remember I am still breaking me and my brewery in ATM!

I am seriously considering changing one of my kids' birthdays to another date. Just so I can go. He's young, and can get used to another date. :lol:

InCider.

...He's young, and can get used to another date. :lol:

InCider.
:lol:

Does liquid paper show up on birth certificates? If not InCider I have a plan, not a very good plan, but it is a plan... Do you have any liquid paper?

Grrrr!!!

wont be in Brisvegas till next month [sigh!] :rolleyes:

I am seriously considering changing one of my kids' birthdays to another date. Just so I can go. He's young, and can get used to another date. :lol:

InCider.

Are they all born in March?

Is there any inexpensive accommodation close by? As in cheapish?

Plenty of accom on the mountain Batz to match every pocket. Unfortunately I don't know them, so would need a google search. Hope you can make it.

Cheers Ross

Grrrr!!!

wont be in Brisvegas till next month [sigh!] :rolleyes:

Muckey: You will be detained and questioned at great length so we can get the lowdown on Butters. Ve hav vays of making you talk.

ON topic, heaps of accom on the mountain but nothing really for under 120 on Wotif

tambor.JPG

:lol:

Does liquid paper show up on birth certificates? If not InCider I have a plan, not a very good plan, but it is a plan... Do you have any liquid paper?

Mate, I can get the Chemist to make a birth certificate with the right stock!

Are they all born in March?

I might make them 'floating birthdays'! Only one for March - St Pats day, but the Inlaws (and keg sponsors) are coming up from Tassie...

How does one become a member of BABBs?

That's just more than a stones throw from me and with market day on too just might be able to swing that one with SWMBO.

Cheers,

microbe

I should be there... won't be able to participate in the cubing unfortunately, but will have a beer or three and see how things work at the brewery!

Cheers

Muckey: You will be detained and questioned at great length so we can get the lowdown on Butters. Ve hav vays of making you talk.

plied with lots of homebrew should do it......Oh wait, forget that!! Oh Damn!!! :blink:

You blokes and blokettes should have a great time on the mountain, its a beautiful spot - am waiting for the thread that reveals the aftermath

How does one become a member of BABBs?

Cheers,

microbe

Go to meeting as a visitor on the last Thursday of every month (except December), apply for membership and when your application has been accepted, pay your thirty five bucks for the year and you're in. You can't sign up on the spot because the club is alcohol related and you need to be screened to make sure you aren't a crazed metho drinking derro.

Crazed Chimay drinking derros welcome :p

Google BABBs for details.

Don't think I can make this one :( but will keep trying to find and excuse/angle right down to the wire :lol:

Screwy

Hello Brewers,

Im very glad to be able to join the event on Eagles Heights, thanks a lot to Ross for invitation.
It seems to become a very nice event on a very nice place.

@Batz, no more chance for the park bench, Ive made a reservation for it already :p

Cheers to all homebrewers :party:

Go to meeting as a visitor on the last Thursday of every month (except December), apply for membership and when your application has been accepted, pay your thirty five bucks for the year and you're in. You can't sign up on the spot because the club is alcohol related and you need to be screened to make sure you aren't a crazed metho drinking derro.

Crazed Chimay drinking derros welcome :p

Google BABBs for details.
Fourth Thursday of the month!

See ya there Zwickel!

I'm in, unfortunately I have to bring the Dragon and Senior Anklebiter, but hopefully they will dissapear to the markets and not be too much of a bother ;)

cheers

Browndog

Back