Braumeister Clone (UK)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am however more of a meccano when it comes to electronic controllers, my experience with programming starts and finishes with the ability to flash something using others codes :D so unless I start learning how to write code, I am grateful for the hard work to be done for me. I am sure however your code will be of use to others wanting to follow the route.

BTW have you found a source for the rubber gasket to seal the Malt Tube bottom? on one of my previous builds I used some silicone U channel

Yes, I did find the U channel on British eBay: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281055758296?nav=SEARCH

I will try to use it for both malt tube and the filter plates.

It's not easy to find them. I wanted something bulkier for the bottom support. They are easily available in various profiles in minimum 50/100m volumes from the producers or wholesellers. Hopefully, the walls of the tube will not cut through it.

I do software development for living, so, in this regard it's easier for me. But when it comes to electronics, I always blow up and burn things :) Should be interesting.

That's the stuff, IIRC I used the small stuff which worked well but no where near as good as an original seal, I wonder if it were possible just to buy a BM seal, cut it and use it instead?

The problem with my tube is that the edge is 0.6mm thick and even if I polish the roughness out of it, it may not be dull enough to keep the U-channel from falling apart. Something like this though, could be nice: http://www.gummi-plast.de/de/profile/u-profile/tu1-2587

I don't see why the Braumeister's wouldn't work as long as the edge doesn't cut it, of course :) To reduce the pressure on the U-profile and prevent it from getting cut, I thought maybe to get a 2-3 mm solid stainless steel rod, cut a groove in it, bend it with the pipe diameter, and seal the pipe in (then, braze it, maybe). But it all sounds very complicated.

From another hand, if the grain bed does not sit fully on the bottom filter, aka false bottom, the pressure on the U-profile may not be that high.

geogaga said:
Just googled what Lael controller is (never heard of that). It's basically based on Brauduino, on which ArdBir is based. In the end, I think I will be rewriting the software either way, have a slightly different vision on functions, user interface, etc. So far the target is to brew a batch on the system. Essentially, there is just subtle difference, right? [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]And I think maybe it's easier to make one in a day or two than waiting until it's shipped. Besides from that, I think, the main driver is to go through the whole journey :)[/SIZE]
Slightly offended, ArdBir is based on Matho's controller, Matho is a member here he createdthe first true braumeister clone. I then started a thread begging for someway of having a similar controller, it was more than a year later ArdBir began, creating a single sided version of the board, which included the Aussie 50c piece in the printed art work as this was and still is Matho's Avatar.
Lael Has gone to the trouble of puting an entire kit with everything Box power connectors, and made it a plug and play assembly.

ArdBir have gone on to do some great work especially regarding the software, and on going dev, but in the end it was all based on what Matho started.

MB

Hm, sorry, but no offence meant. I ran into this thread: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/69155-the-brauduino-matho%E2%80%99s-controller-buy-thread/%C2 looked to me it all started in the same place (matho's Braumiser) and then got picked up by MaxN68, and resulted in ArdBir. When I talk about controller, I mean more design (and/or software), rather then the manufacturing. I think I got the chain of events right. First was matho with Brauduino, which was taken as a base for Lael's controller. In turn, ArdBir is also based on matho's software.

Check the video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKQ31dLl28

The nice thing with Lael's kit at least is you can focus on the software if you want. Probably a more expensive option, but sweet build finish.

... now just to wait for the Chinese to get back to work :)

I've seen it. I'm even subscribed to the channel. Great stuff. I don't see why not to want to go through both parts. The circuit is fairly simple, the parts are widely available. That's a hobby in the end :)

IMG_20150225_143309.jpg

The pump is there. Ordered Laing ecocirc E1-15/700B, but received Lowara ecocirc pro 15-1/65. I guess, the same pumps, as they have the same specs, and Lowara acquired ITT and Laing. They basically look identical. As far as I know, the Laing/Lowara is the one used in Braumeister. Will ask the supplier though. I think this one is [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]a[/SIZE] (upgraded?) 2014 version, as the one from 2013 had the 65°C medium limit, and the one dated with 2014 specs holds up to 95[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]°C.[/SIZE]

IMG_8203_1.jpg

IMG_8204_1.jpg

As I am using a 100l pot I have the option of extending the malt tube, the question is how? idea so far cut and shut 2 original tubes together using a clamp. Anyone know where to get cheap drum / barrel v clamps from 350mm diameter.

Cheers

MrL a UK supplier has just imported a few conicals which use the fast clip over snap fitting but also has a bolt adjustment, I will see if I can get one of those. Trouble with most suppliers is that the price of some of these clamps can be as much as a new Malt Tube & more.

Latest posts

Back