Quantcast

Bombings In London

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Joined
16/5/04
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
WIth the news in on the bombings in London, i'd like to wish that everyone who has relatives and friends over there, that they are all well and safe.

Peace to all.
 

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Joined
7/12/02
Messages
7,713
Reaction score
38
Location
Sydney
Likewise. I've just seen the news update on it.
Hope you are safe and well too Kook.

Beers,
Doc
 

kook

Well-Known Member
Joined
8/12/02
Messages
2,358
Reaction score
4
I'm fine. I work two floors underground, here.

Theres a lot of panic around, and we're trying to locate workers. Not allowed in/outside the building at the moment.
 

JSB

Well-Known Member
Joined
18/1/04
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
good to hear Kook.....

Peace out
JSB
 

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Joined
1/4/04
Messages
3,734
Reaction score
17
At least you have the internet!
 

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Joined
16/5/04
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
kook said:
I'm fine. I work two floors underground, here.

Theres a lot of panic around, and we're trying to locate workers. Not allowed in/outside the building at the moment.
[post="66545"][/post]​
Damn, that's pretty close to Aldgate station.
 

Goat

NULL
Joined
6/3/03
Messages
906
Reaction score
2
Good to hear Kook. Hope you locate your co-workers soon.
 

Jim H

Member
Joined
13/6/05
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Im fine. For those that know me and knew that im in Londnon.

Jim.
 

kook

Well-Known Member
Joined
8/12/02
Messages
2,358
Reaction score
4
Had to walk home earlier today, as all services were down, and there was an hour long minimum wait for ferries.

I gave up and walked for 1.5hrs along the thames, thankfully not raining!!

Now drinking some brews....
 

Jim H

Member
Joined
13/6/05
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
oh yeah, and the aussies lost the cricket :-(

what a day
 

nonicman

Slack Brewery
Joined
20/7/04
Messages
845
Reaction score
1
It's good to hear you're all ok, a mate (whose wedding we're attending in August) was on a train between Kings Cross and Moorgate when it all happened, luckily he was running five minutes late as he reports both stations had bombs.

Kook, I hope all your fellow workers are found and ok.

Edit: added "he reports" as there appear to be a bit of confusion as to where the bombs went off at the time. Terrible events.
 

Ross

CraftBrewer
Joined
14/1/05
Messages
9,262
Reaction score
370
Glad to hear you're all ok - looks like all my mates back home are fine too - The gutless bastards, they certainly won't put me off enjoying London when I arrive...

Nonic - you heading to the UK for the wedding??
 

warrenlw63

Just a Hoe
Joined
4/5/04
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
11
If you can survive a walk through the East End Kook. You can survive anything. :(

Bet you were glad to get home.

Warren -
 

nonicman

Slack Brewery
Joined
20/7/04
Messages
845
Reaction score
1
Ross said:
Glad to hear you're all ok - looks like all my mates back home are fine too - The gutless bastards, they certainly won't put me off enjoying London when I arrive...

Nonic - you heading to the UK for the wedding??
[post="66596"][/post]​
G'day Ross,

It's good to hear your mates are ok aswell. Yes we're off to the UK on 16 August for the wedding. We wont be put off either.
 

Keith_N

Active Member
Joined
23/11/03
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Just a quick G'day. I was at home and the wife was safely at work. I guess we will feel the full devastation of this tragedy over the next few day, but at the moment I am selfishly thankful that we have come through this untouched.
Keith
 

Ross

CraftBrewer
Joined
14/1/05
Messages
9,262
Reaction score
370
nonicman said:
Ross said:
Glad to hear you're all ok - looks like all my mates back home are fine too - The gutless bastards, they certainly won't put me off enjoying London when I arrive...

Nonic - you heading to the UK for the wedding??
[post="66596"][/post]​
G'day Ross,

It's good to hear your mates are ok aswell. Yes we're off to the UK on 16 August for the wedding. We wont be put off either.
[post="66600"][/post]​
Your date's a bugger - You'll miss the beer GB beer festival - hope we can catch up for an ale....
 

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Joined
9/12/02
Messages
5,293
Reaction score
16
Despite the outright tragedy of this attack, it's good to hear that our London correspondents are well and that so far the death toll has been relatively low.

Keep your head down, your chin up and your upper lip stiff, kook.
 

KoNG

RIP-FaB (BiBIFaP)
Joined
21/1/05
Messages
1,615
Reaction score
2
This shite really sucks.!!! :angry:
ive had the "i'm OK" call from all but one friend over there.
its killer waiting for a call or email from a mate when its about whether he's alive or not..?!??! :(

Really have to wonder if these attcks will ever go away.
i was in portugal when sept 11 occured.. with family begging for me to come home.
but i wasnt keen to get on a flight :eek:
and i was then in bali for the bombings (although i wasnt living in kuta).

all just WRONG.

ps. if any of my Hackney crew are reading.. hope your all ok. keep safe
pps. i dont like the fact that i work in a large gov. building in sydney.! :(
 

kook

Well-Known Member
Joined
8/12/02
Messages
2,358
Reaction score
4
PostModern said:
Despite the outright tragedy of this attack, it's good to hear that our London correspondents are well and that so far the death toll has been relatively low.

Keep your head down, your chin up and your upper lip stiff, kook.
[post="66617"][/post]​
If I could go to work today, I would (we've specifically been asked not to). I'm a contractor, and although it may be fun to sit on my ass today drinking beer and playing xbox, i'm losing money!

No way I'm going to let it affect my transport plans.
 

Sean

Well-Known Member
Joined
8/10/04
Messages
441
Reaction score
2
If you go to GBBF as a customer, try not to take any bags with you. I presume it will be back to having to seach every bag coming into the festival. :(

Same goes for pretty much any other event in England.
 

Latest posts

Top